Your Top 3 Anime OPs and EDs.
So as the title suggests, and providing there are any fellow weebs among us, I want to know, what are your top three openings and endings from anime, wether it be because of the animation, the music or both, I'd love to hear what you prefer; perhaps I may even investigate myself and find a new anime that I'll love. And just to be a good sport, I'll kick off with my top 3.
- Rightfully ~ Goblin Slayer: I love this opening because to me both the animation and music are on point, and are really fitting of the anime; with really smooth animations and riviting volume in the chorus.
- Kuusou Mesorogiwi ~ Future Diary: Again, just like Goblin Slayer, both the music and animation is amazing, I mean, it remains the only opening that gave me anxiety, but not in a bad way, in a way that just made me love it more, kinda hard to explain.
- High School Of The Dead: "I swear it's not because of fan service" but for real, all jokes aside theres just something special about this opening I love, in particular, there is a very short sequence where the camera pans around a poer pylon, and for some reason I just love the way it looks, acompanied by the drop in the great music
- Blood Teller ~ Future Diary: honestly, not much for me to say about the ending, it has all the same qualitys to me as the opening in that it is just amazing to me.
- Dare Ka, Umi Wo ~ Terror In Resonance: not much for animation, yet still beautiful it is easily one of the best songs I've heard through anime, and a very fitting song for the tone of the anime as a whole.
- Toki Tsukasadoru Juuni no Meiyaku ~ Steins Gate: That's a mouthful, akin to ToR, not much for animation, but the song itself, along with the events of the anime just make this ending incredible and honestly may have brought me to the brink of tears a few times.
So there you have it, my personal top 3 openings and endings: now, please I'd love to hear your guys too.
And because whynot, here are some honourable mentions:
- Again ~ Full Metal Achemist Brotherhood.
- Cruel Angels Thesis ~ Neon Genesis Evangelion
- The Day ~ My Hero Academia
- Kono Yubi Tomare ~ Kakegurui
- Judgement ~ Devilman Crybaby, I probably would've put this one first however it's not exclusively an outro song so I dont feel it counts. Regardless still a very powerful tine, and really drove home some of the most emotional parts of the anime.
Edit: I left links to each one in the spoilers box, dont worry they are there, just incredibly hard to see due to white on white.