Dead by Daylight will be in Europe for the first time at Gamescom. If you are around the area, there will be a get together on Wednesday, August 21st at 6PM CEST! Come chat, drink, snack and have fun with DBD team members [18+]
To book your ticket:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dead-by-daylight-gamescom-meetup-tickets-68832392539

We bet on what next nerf survivors will get.

Comments

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 497

If you think that's why you get hit, you've got bigger issues. Regardless, hit reg and such should look better with dedicated servers.

• ZagridZagrid Member Posts: 479
    edited August 15

The game shouldn't be balanced around stuff that is ultra rare and rarely ever seen in normal gameplay. Sure SWF might bring 4 insta heals, and sure a killer might want to bring an ebony mori. But that doesn't mean all killers are suddenly OP or all Survivors are suddenly OP.

I will say that Insta heals need a nerf since they can literally remove 3 min of work a killer did. But with ebony mori's you at least have a condition that needs to be met to use it.

But back onto gameplay balance. If you want to properly balance a game you look at what everyone's power is at the base. No add ons, no perks, no items. This is so that you can then properly balance the other stuff without needing to go through a million "what if" situations. Like if you have a huntress with iri hatchets, obviously she is OP. Well what if the survivor has an insta heal, well maybe depending on their skill, well what if another survivor has a key. Well Huntress is definitely looking less OP but maybe still a bit po-, Well what if all the survivors are SWF.

You get my point? you could argue stuff is or isn't OP if you balance based on the most powerful things. And even then a Huntress with iri hatchets and an ebony mori, still not as powerful as a full SWF, discord call, variety of ultra rare stuff, because of 1 simple thing. The map, if a huntress gets lerys or haddonfield, good luck ever landing a hatchet.

Anyway, you balance around base kit to avoid confusion. Then in DbD's case they balance add ons and ultra rares, by making them... ultra rare. So you will rarely ever see them. Been at least 20 games since my last iridescent hatchet I have seen.

And news flash the balance for 13/16 killers maybe 12/16 with their base power against base survivors. Survivors win, and by win I mean at least 3 escape. This only applies at the highest tier of killer and survivor play. If you get anything less than the best playing the roles, it can go either way on most killers. But if you have the best of the best playing on both sides. Survivors will win more often.

Kinda do wanna go into specifics of why, since I am a little tired of typing but I will if you want me to. Heck there are 100 games for example about how good base survivors, no perks, no items do against killers that did use perks and add ons. Little out of date, but the survivor nerfs, definitely not enough to remove them from their dominate position.

But if we talk about the casual player, hag is the best and survivors complain about Leatherface the most, which leatherface is probably the weakest killer in all the game. So that tells you about the level of gameplay that the average player is at.

Post edited by ceridwen309 on

If you've got the energy, i'd be most interested to hear the rest.

• noneofyourbusinessnoneofyourbusiness Member Posts: 374

wait, because from what I understand, this is your opinion, if something is rare it can be op and taking it to the match makes autowin for you? wow you really have a clue about multiplayer games.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 920

Ok first i will say something constructive to avoid the horrible English and heat from the OP.

1. Survivors have all the power in the game anyone that has spent any time in a red rank can tell you that, put simple what is your rank OP?

now to the unconstructive and QOL for your time in this community, the more disrespectful you are to anyone who doesn't share your views only shows how closed-minded you are, complaining about how survivor is hard so you don't play it, i admit I'm a killer main but when i play surv i make it out what maybe 75% of the time now is that balanced? Not really if it were it would be more closely to 50%

Tl;Dr

Don't complain, rank up, be more respectful, reap the rewards

• prayer_survivorprayer_survivor Member Posts: 485

@TrueKn1ghtmar3. Can't imagine how devs can say that suvivors' escape percent is about 40% when killers mains always says that when they play as survivors they escape not less than 75% of times. So survivor mains should be worse than killers playing as casual survivors.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 7,713

Survivors still have to play with effort unless the killer is bad. Stop spreading the lie that one side is “ez mode”.

• Mtom912Mtom912 Member Posts: 61

Survivors spawn on hook, and have a 4% chance to play the game

And it was also a week long survey, with limited audience of PC only and the data was skewed. Or do yoy believe that the escape rate at rank 1 is 80%?

AND, Peanits said right afterwards that they know Trapper is garbage, that's why we don't base on stats. If they would give a pip rate, that'd be cool. And getting a 50% kill rate means you killed two, which is almost always a de pip.

• GT_Legend2GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 812

Oh this discussion is full of positive vibes, I just love it

quit complaining about balancing, and make good suggestions for the devs so they can implement fun and balanced alternatives.

Saying “were getting nerfed again REEEEEE this game is sucky” does nothing apart from making yourself feel better about survivor balance by looking for others to agree with you. give suggestions. Make this game better, fuckin hell

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 777

Brb these are my favorite posts. Need popcorn 😂

• ChavanChavan Member Posts: 9

Well BHVR doesn't really nerf survivors that much, they mostly focus on nerfing the crap out of killers, so I don't think survivors will get any nerfs soon.

• prayer_survivorprayer_survivor Member Posts: 485

Every patch has a gift for survivors. The change in totem spawn is also a nerf for survivors. And now trapper has NOED in reworked maps at the end of the game 100% sure.

• LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 2,559

Hopefully just changing the meta perks, as it is now some perks are way too strong

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 310

Honestly, I want solo survivor buffed to swf level. Or, at least close to it. That way things can be balanced more adequately.

• darktrixdarktrix Member Posts: 953

All I know is when I see a known killer main in the lobby playing as a survivor (not all but most, like 80% of the ones I come across) - they tend to be the first ones downed and then DC or kill themselves on first hook. If they aren't then they likely will hook farm or be toxic toward other survivors - I will just dodge them when I see them.

• Chaddad2169Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 463

"Nerfing killers like crap"

Ok then is that why the Freddy rework hasn't been changed yet? Not saying that Freddy post rework is OP but stating that killers are being nerfed constantly....

Do you even read patch notes?

In game proximity chat can do this.

Btw killer mains, we can balance this out by having it so killers can hear you from a distance (terror radius distance?). So survivors still have to be quiet when the killer is next to them.

Maybe even for banter the killer can talk? 😂

• toxic_clowntoxic_clown Member Posts: 84

Survivor mains will bitch about anything lmao

Just enjoy the fact that the only way you will lose as survivor is if you make a mistake.

If a both a killer and survivor played perfectly and neither one made a mistake. The survivor would win everytime.

Sure... ok.

That the same if it's a Spirit/ Nurse etc?

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 89

With the amount of camping we have nowadays I doubt theyll nerf BT.

My money is on Adrenaline and im going to be very bold here, im guessing it will be changed so either you get one heal state if you are injured/dying or a 3 seconds Sprint Burst if you are full health, not both things.