Something's strange about the next chapter...

An idea to punish facecamping

So even tho camping in some cases is smart and even a necessecity due to overly altruistic survivors. It still isn't fun especially in the cases where there is no reason for the killer to camp, no hook rush ect.

So i know they tried stopping the timer for the hook when a killer camps and no survivors are nearby. And this turned out to be a bad idea because it got exploited, but how about if a killer camps for X amount of seconds within an X amount of meters and no survivors are in the area (facecamping). Gen speed gets increased, faster and faster the longer he camps uninterupted. This will make it so facecamping without reason (no survivors around) will be punished and you basically throw the game as killer. If you play like this. Instead of the current version where you facecamp one to death, some waste time trying to unhook before realizing its hopeless, but then the killer have time to even get a second or even a third survivor on the hook and facecamp them too. Also maybe notify the killer when this phase starts to prevent beginners to make this mistake of facecamping.

This needs to only apply to these kind of scenarios so its not misused. And only the scummiest of players get punished.

Thoughts?

Tagged:

Comments

• KarltastiskKarltastisk Member Posts: 203

I see noone actually read my posts, im not talking about camping, camping is a legit strat and is smart AND good in somecases, but facecamping (Not the exploit, but standing infront just making sure they 100% die with no counter play) Is not something this game needs or should reward. Rewarding killers for not camping is also something i would love, maybe give them an accumulative bloodpoint gain for as long as the survivors is one the hook and you are 32 m away could be a cool boost. But this flat out unfun mechanic has no place and SHOULD be punished. This would have no effect on normal games since facecamping is not something you do in a normal trial. If you get triggered by a survivor sure, facecamp him to death, but then the others should be able to punish you for it and escape.

• Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 282

Campers can and are punished allready.

Let's motivate people to NOT camp, that's better.

How about giving dubble (from 500 to 1000 BP) for hooking action (Sacriface category) when hooking different Survivor that wasn't on hook previously.

Or you can help Killers by adding new thing into Emblems. Let's say that for EACH DIFFERENT (not the last one, but could be allready hooked in match) Survivor that you hook you secure +1 point into Malicious category.

Simple things like that can motive people to leave hooks.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,710

Face camping (the ability to prevent an unhook with 100% certainty by blocking the "unhook" prompt) no longer exists. It hasn't existed for quite a long time, in fact.

There's still a chance you can unhook, it's just small.

They are not punished by the game only smart survivors. (The rank debuff don't count since there is no reason to care about rank atm.) And i would love to see some rewards yes, but knowing these devs they are more likely to implement punishment (the rank debuff) than any rewards. There is so many things they can do to reward the type of gameplay they want, but have failed to so after 3 years.

This is how you completely miss the point and get caught up in technicality's. Facecamping is what i and many others call it because we dont want to say: The killer is standing still right infront of the survivor making it really difficult to save them without getting grabbed. So instead of a long as explanation for this specific act of camping i call it facecamping. This is starting to get as ridiculous as the gen tapping thread, completely missing my original post...

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,710

Or you could call it what it is: hard camping. Your usage of face camping for things that aren't face camping is why, when face camping came back, it took a long time for it to even get on the devs' radar, and longer still to get fixed.

You may think me pedantic, but your wrong usage of terms has demonstrably negative results.

• savevatznicksavevatznick Member Posts: 94

Do gens. Three people on gens when a survivor takes the full time to die means you can concievably do almost all the gens in the time it takes for the killer to catch and facecamp the first person they find.

"Almost" as you say, they simply lack the tools even if they where to never attempt a rescue.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 1,658

Yeah!

The match starts and the dude instantly spawns on hook, giving survivors exactly 2 minutes to do all gens...

*eye rolls into space*

• ArecBalrinArecBalrin Member Posts: 597

Doing the gens has a 75% win-rate on-paper. Those are the odds of you not being the guy on the hook.

If survivors did this, killers would camp less because most who do it was trying to win and if this decreases their chance to win, they wouldn't do it. Camping is not fun; a killer trying to win and have fun would rather be doing anything else, even if it's yet another over-long frustrating chase. The only reason to do it is to punish a specific survivor which can be classed as a form of rage-quitting, or if it seems obvious survivors will not do gens.

Why is a 75% win-rate still not good enough? If this were another game, any tactic with a 75% win-rate would nerfed.

Seeing as we are discussing this topic with rock-bottom standards, let's do that. Survivors doing gens should be nerfed if someone is on the hook: it has a theoretical 75% win-rate. That's broken!

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 1,277

Anytime I get hard camped and the survivors just do gens, I take it as a victory to be honest.

You want to throw the rest of the game away just to make sure I, and only I die? There's almost no other greater compliment in this game, to be honest.

• Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 1,502

Punishing camping solves nothing. People will do it anyway.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 1,144

Oh look, an idea totally not suggested before and utterly rejected!

Oh wait....

• tylerlogsdon1tylerlogsdon1 Member Posts: 1

Your counter is swarming.

• foochill1foochill1 Member Posts: 41

The problem here is that you want to "punish". Thats already wrong thinking bro, you want to diacourage the killer instead of punishing him. Thats up to the devs, I thought of this bro instead after the killer hooks someone, their bar go down slower( not gamebreaking slow maybe just 45 more seconds) untill the killer enters a chase, once he enters the chase it goes back to normal

• AWesley91AWesley91 Member Posts: 67

Got it killer mains. Face camping=good. Looping, adrenaline, survivor items=bad.

• Wizards4HireWizards4Hire Member Posts: 10

Uh, I hope you're not including facecamping in that

• MasantonioMasantonio Member Posts: 804

Facecamping, as @Orion said, was an exploit that no longer exists. So no, I'm not.

• Wizards4HireWizards4Hire Member Posts: 10

Yeah, unhooking isnt too hard, but it's making sure that the hooked survivor can get away is the hard part. When a killer facecamps, it doesnt gurantee a free kill since the eploit was removed. However, if the person was unhooked, the killer that was right next to the hook would just go back after the same person

• DaS_onlyDaS_only Member Posts: 659
    edited August 12

There is currently no punishment, what do you mean? Oh, you mean the emblem "punishment" lol? Yeah, cuz rank matters so much. It's no punishment when it's meaningless. And therefore noone cares, everyone could saw that coming.

Post edited by DaS_only on
  • DamarusDamarus Member Posts: 135
    edited August 12

But that's not the way to go. If a dog bites you, you don't reward him. You punish him first, and you will reward him in the future IF he does not do that again. If you keep getting bad marks, I don't think your momma is gonna hug you. She will probably chase you around with her shoes as a "weapon". So yeah, camping MUST be punished, but punishment and reward could just be there at the same time. Punishment is the first step though. And about the so called "punishment" already in the game... Well, that's hardly a punishment, or something that doesn't make you laugh loudly.