Something's strange about the next chapter...

Some ideas for new perks.

Yung_SlugYung_Slug Member Posts: 36
edited August 14 in Feedback and Suggestions

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where we can share some perk ideas. Feel free to add some of your own or just post your thoughts on the ones here.

Survivor Perk: Shared Knowledge

Unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability. You see the Aura of every Survivor whose Aura is also visible to the Killer. While your Aura is revealed to the Killer:

• Your Aura is revealed to other Survivors.
  • You gain a 3/4/5% Haste Status Effect outside of chase.

Increases your chances of being the Obsession.

The Killer can only be Obsessed with one Survivor at a time.

I would appreciate other suggestions for the secondary effect, but for now this one seems okay. This perk is situational, but can be very useful for gathering information (for instance, you'll know if the killer has BBQ or I'm All Ears).

Survivor Perk: Lookout

Unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability. You see the Aura of Survivors that are being chased by the Killer. While you are being chased, the Killer's Aura is revealed to other Survivors for 5 seconds at intervals of 20/15/10 seconds.

You may have guessed by now that I like aura perks. Maybe that's because I play a lot of solo survivor. This one is helpful for keeping track of the killer and using your time efficiently (if you know a survivor is being chased, it's easier to do objectives instead of wasting time hiding). I think the killer's aura should only be revealed at intervals so it's easier for them to mindgame if a SWF teammate is watching close by and telling the chased survivor where the killer is going.

Survivor Perk: Engineer's Intuition

Unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability. You see the Auras of Generators that other Survivors are working on. While working on a Generator, the Auras of all other Survivors are revealed to you for 5 seconds. This effect has a cooldown of 40/30/20 seconds. The cooldown only decreases while you are working on a Generator.

This perk's first effect can help you locate other survivors, which can be used to get healed, rush a gen, or avoid interrupting gen progress if you are being chased. The second effect is something I added so that it does something while you are working on a gen yourself. Again, suggestions for other effects would be appreciated!

Killer Perk: Hex: Endless Torment

A Hex that torments the Survivors throughout the Trial.

When a Survivor begins working on a Generator, this Hex is applied to a dull totem. Each time the Survivors complete a Generator, if this Hex is not active and there is a Dull Totem remaining on the Map, this Hex is applied to it.

While this Hex is active, all Survivors receive a 30% action speed penalty and hear a constant distant heartbeat. After 60 seconds, the Hex Totem emits a terror radius of 32/28/24 meters and all Survivors are afflicted with Exhaustion.

I thought this hex would be an interesting way to slow down the game by giving survivors an alternate objective. However, this perk's potential is diminished when used with other hex perks.

Killer Perk: Bleedout

Blood loss is detrimental to the stamina of your prey. Survivors that are injured by a basic attack will be affected by the Exhausted Status Effect after 60/50/40 seconds of being injured.

I had a hard time coming up with an effect for Bleedout that wasn't complete cancer. I might end up scrapping this altogether, but for now this seems fine. It's not particularly strong, but it encourages survivors to spend more time healing. I originally thought of making it a Hindered effect, but on second thought that pretty much guarantees a down if the Killer continues to chase the survivor for 40 seconds. This version at least has counterplay, as a survivor can use their exhaustion perk early in the chase to avoid the perk activating.

Alright, now for the best perk idea to ever grace these forums:

Survivor Perk: Head Out

If a Survivor leaves the game or if the Killer kills a Survivor and no Generators are completed, this perk activates. You gain the ability to open the exit gates instantly. The exit gates will remain open for 5 seconds. Causes the Exhausted Status Effect for 4/3/2 days.

"Alright bro I'm boutta head out" - Jane Romero

Edit: Reworked Bleedout to maybe make it less cancer.

Post edited by Yung_Slug on

Comments

• Yung_SlugYung_Slug Member Posts: 36
    edited August 14

I thought of some more perk ideas, so I'll go ahead and post them here.

Killer Perk: Infamy

Your actions influence your presence in the Trial.

You start the Trial with 3 Tokens.

Every time you put a Survivor into the Dying State, you receive a Token up to a maximum of 6 Tokens and your Terror Radius increases by 4/5/6 meters. Every time a Survivor escapes a chase, you lose one Token and your Terror Radius decreases by 4/5/6 meters.

I thought it would be neat to be able to control your terror radius throughout the trial. It could be used with a variety of terror radius perks, or even PWYF to be an extremely agile ninja.

Survivor Perk: Overexertion

If you're going to escape, you'll have to give 110%.

You are affected by the Exhausted Status Effect for the duration of the Trial.

While outside of a chase, you gain a 4/5/6% Haste Status Effect and a 10% increase to action speed.

I think this would be an interesting perk that works similar to No Mither. I would appreciate recommendations for alternative effects!

Edit: Modified Overexertion's effects. I would specify that the Haste doesn't stack with other perks, but I think Haste effects already don't stack since it is a status effect. I would also make the action speed bonus not stack, but I'm not sure if it's strong enough to be necessary.

Post edited by Yung_Slug on
  • YaiPaYaiPa Member Posts: 240
    edited August 14

I like the idea for endless torment, since it's a resetting hex and force survivor to look for it, wasting a lot of their time, and the terror radius thing kinda helps spot it, making it almost balanced (of course we would need to see it in action, maybe tweak the number of the slowdown, i mean it's an instant stronger dying light). Bleedout is imo too much game slowing, it would become the most hated perk in the game, being nerfed few weeks after (but still, survivor deserve this for at least a month for running MoM). Overexertion, giving haste for survivors is probably the strongest thing you can, that's why hope is end game based, since you clearly said it works in chase, it's too strong.

For every other aura reading perk, i mean it's good buffing solos, but i probably wouldn't run these perk just to know what my team mates are doing.

My original idea for Bleedout was to speed up the death timer while survivors were slugged, but I thought that would be even more degenerate so I tried to think of something else. I do agree that it's a bit too powerful. Perhaps it could have a certain condition to activate? As for Overexertion, I've said before that I'm not satisfied with its effect, but I wanted to come up with a perk that makes you exhausted for the entire game. The problem is that if it doesn't work in chase at all then there would be no reason to use it. Then again, No Mither is kind of a bad tradeoff as well, so perhaps it could be a bigger speed boost, but only outside of a chase. Perhaps it could also grant a speed boost to action speed, but neither of the effects will stack so you can't combo it with hope or a prove thyself perk. Thanks for your feedback!

Killer Perk: Hex: Festering Rage

One trapped Hex Totem will spawn in the Trial.

Earn a Token each time a Survivor is hooked. When a Survivor dies, you lose 4/3/2 Tokens. You can earn up to 8 Tokens. You cannot earn or lose Tokens after the Hex Totem is cleansed.

When the trapped Hex Totem is cleansed by a Survivor, the following effects are activated:

• The Survivor who cleansed the Hex Totem becomes the Obsession. No other survivor can become the Obsession until the Obsession dies, in which case this perk and its effects deactivate. This effect trumps all other perks.
    • 2 or more Tokens: Gain a Haste Status Effect with a percentage equal to the amount of Tokens for 60 seconds.
    • 4 or more Tokens: While the Obsession is alive, all Survivors receive an action speed penalty of 4% for each Token.
    • 6 or more Tokens: Your Obsession's Aura is revealed to you for 1 second for each Token. Your Obsession also has the Exposed Status Effect. This effect lasts until the Obsession is put into the Dying State.
    • 8 Tokens: You can kill the Obsession.

I wanted to make a trapped hex that built up in power the longer it lasted. The way this hex is designed, you can only have 8 tokens if you hooked each survivor twice. Sacrificing a survivor would make you lose 1 token while killing a survivor would make you lose 2. This encourages attacking survivors equally.

Some people don't like Haunted Ground because it punishes every survivor for the actions of one. While this hex also does that to an extent, the most severe punishments are applied to the Survivor who cleansed the trapped hex. You can decide to kill the obsession immediately or leave them alive to keep the effects for a little longer.

To counter this hex, survivors can try to cleanse the totem early or avoid cleansing it altogether.

Survivor Perk: Peace of Mind

Purging evil keeps your mind at ease.

Each time you cleanse a Dull Totem, gain 1 Token. Each time another Survivor cleanses a Hex Totem, gain 1 Token. Each time you cleanse a Hex Totem, gain 2 tokens. For each Token:

• Skill Check trigger odds are decreased by 5%
    • Your speed for actions that trigger Skill Checks is increased by 3%.

This perk gives an additional benefit to cleansing totems. I understand that lower skill check odds can actually be bad for more skilled survivors, but the action speed bonus should compensate for this.