Something's strange about the next chapter...

It's time for new things for survivors

FacelessFaceless Member Posts: 63

I believe the game should have more things to interact with other than just pallets or jumping windows.

New goals maybe, new methods for reacting to killers

The killers won the endgame collapse and a lot of news

Survivors rarely get a buff or rework

Sometimes I get the impression that the game is thinking a lot more about killers than survivors.

It is possible to bring new goals, new reactions, more attractive perks and something that is not limited to totems - gen rush - exit.

Left Behind needs a rework too, it's the most useless perk in the game today.

Comments

• ThaznarThaznar Member Posts: 869

To be fair survivors are in desperate need of additional objectives linked directly to gens, even at a cost of reducing gen times. Sitting in one spot and holdin M1 for 80s is not fun for anyone. This game needs to be more dynamic like Deathgarden is.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 533

Well, the last time Survivors got a new objective, many refused to do it. Then those same people, who "won't waste their time" with totems, will complain about NOED.

That is just another M1 objective which is not required to win and it does not affect the genrush meta.

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 2,113

i very much agree, the only thing is, as soon as anything new will come out, any task (like the events) some people will attack it like a bunch of locust....it's hard to bring out anything new i feel, just because any new ideas etc gets attacked. But i feel we do need something new, i would love to see more events but so many moaned about it i feel it's the real reason no summer event.

• PrincessPoopPrincessPoop Member Posts: 264

Survivor gameplay has been extremely stale for a long time. There desperately needs to be some other type of objective added to the base game to spice things up a bit. Also I would like to see new items added every now and then. We have the firecrackers as a holiday thing, but why not make those baseline and even give them some addons? Please just something new for survivors other than 3 underwhelming perks every 3 months.

Well, if people fear NOED enough, they will do totems. Slowing down the game. I totally agree that Survivors need something else but, last time it didn't go so well.

They said there is no summer event because they are trying to fix things, not add new stuff.

They said there is no summer event because they are trying to fix things, not add new stuff.

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 2,113

@Pulsar yes but who knows what the truth is i guess, i think we would of had a summer event if it had been more well regarded. Just my two pennies.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 2,300

Hallowed Blight and Lunar New Year had some interesting 2nd Objectives, the sacks in Blight brought out everyone's greed and led to some bad games, especially since Killers still needed certain hooks for their points. Lunar New Year tried the Lanterns which looked like a good idea but it still needed some work since it had a huge problem with being fair to both sides.

If they keep experimenting with things like this I'm confident they'll find a suitable alternate Objective for Survivors and maybe Killers. It can't just be for points though, it NEEDS to effect the match itself or else it will end up like the events and ruin the match for everyone.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 1,220

Please no more Bloodweb-Stuff. Lets say you put in Firecrackers on a regular basis with like 5 Add-Ons for them. This is too much. I mean, I already have tons of useless Key-Add Ons, Map-Add Ons and Flashlight Add-Ons, I will never use and only spend BPs on.

Regarding something to spice up the game: Sure, as long as it is reasonable. Not like "We double the time Survivors need for their Objective without any other Balancing".

edited August 13

Hollow blight event was bad because these flowers took ages to harvest and survivors mainly played for nectar not to survive or win. The Lunar Year event with lanterns in my opinion was the best event they have ever created.

@Thaznar I loved the aesthetic of Hallowed Blight but the Lunar solved that event's problem with the lantern. Before Killers had special hooks and that event made Lanterns which was the best idea, the problem was that it wasn't fair. The Killer didn't have enough time to find the Lantern and break it because Survivors could insta save and deny the Killer enough time to get to it before it turned back to normal. If they brought something like this back I would be really happy but it had better be improved upon or it will be a failure again.

They should create something like these lanterns for survivors in order so they can escape. Killers do not have to break it. But something else has to be introduced to the game and some killers tweak accordingly.

@Thaznar So what if there was a new thing called Praise The Entity, after the Gens are done every Survivor has to find a pedastal carrying a large bell and smack it a few times to call upon the Entity to let it know they're ready to leave and open the Exits. .

Each Survivor has their own Bell like every Survivor has their own Freddy clock. So when the Gen is done Survivors need to ring their bell before they can leave, even if the Exit is open they still need to ring that bell to Praise The Entity. Or maybe the Bell can be a Lantern and instead of lighting it they can take it, something along those lines.

@HatCreature I think survivors should not be able to repair gens only with their bare hands my massaging pistons. That is just dumb and ridiculous. Survivors should be required to explore the map and look for parts and also look for tools. These 2 components should be required in order for them to repair the gen. That would encourage more stealthy map exploration and gen time could have been reverted back to old 60s.

@Thaznar I would enjoy that personally, it feels more fun to do it that way tbh, more engaging.

Scenario---Dwight picks up a box of nuts, gears, and a socket wrench and is sprinting towards the Gen at the back of the Groaning Storehouse and as he turns a corner he gets caught in a bear trap. He can hear The Trapper on his way and knows he's going to go down even if he gets out of the trap so when he does manage to free himself he drops the box of parts and keeps running letting Jake know where he left it. Jake comes up behind both of them and takes them to the Gen just as Claudette and Meg arrive with the other parts and they finally begin to work on a Generator.

Now that's what a SWF group could look like with this, now in this scenario as of right now it would actually be catching Dwight just as the first Gen gets done, that's a huge time difference.

This game has 2 glaring issues:

• objective for survivors requires no effort and is too easy - can be completed very fast- genrushed,
    • it is very boring and requires no active participation in a match

If one person loops the killer others are just sitting on gens - this is bad for both parties involved. One person is having fun because of interactions with the killer - otheres are just holdin M1 for 80s. They will escape with a safety pip - both sides are losing in such matches and in terms of BPS such matches are just laughable.

@Thaznar I've brought that up too multiple times, the only reason Survivors are able to Gen rush is because the Killers are not strong enough to cause pressure on everyone. But it also has to do with the Objective itself being too easy.

There are couple factors which pile up:

• most killers lack the tools in their kit to put map pressure,
    • objective for survivors is too easy and can be completed quickly,
    • some maps are so safe for survivors killers waste a lot of time in chase and have to deal with spots with no mind-game potential
    • killers are not given enough time to chill - they have to be time managers rather than killers,
    • survivors can just tap a gen stopping it from regressing, killer has to kick it instead of smacking it with a weapon which should be the case