Something's strange about the next chapter...

How to make mori’s and insta heals fair for both sides

Cut the [BAD WORD], you know it killers hate insta heals and survivors hate Mori’s. So I came up with a idea to make them fair. first mori’s you can keep the ivory and cypress mori’s the same but the ebony Mori should be that when you hook all 4 survivors once you can kill them so this encourages not to tunnel and to get everybody hooked so you can use your Mori. Next insta heals don’t you hate it when you get stunned by a pallet and the injured person instantly heals him/her self with the med kit, well with this it should be so the styptic agent only heals half of the healing bar but you don’t lose your med kit, and the needle would instantly heal one health state but you will not lose your med kit. These are my ideas of making them fair tell me what you guys think.

Comments

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 1,206

Regarding Moris:

Yeah, all Survivors hooked one time to make it usable would be a good idea. But I would also use that for the Ivory Mori, usually I dont see those anyway. But when, they are only used for Dying Light, at least this is my experience.

Cypress Mori should be removed and made Baseline. For the last Survivor it does not matter if he gets morid or hooked (but then the points for the Killer should be the same so that there is no advantage or disadvantage). And if Cypress Mori is Baseline, there is at least a cool animation.

Regarding Insta Heals:

I would prefer Progress Bars. They are still way shorter than regular Healing Bars, but dont work instantly. The one for the Purple Add-On is obviously larger.

I dont have a problem with Insta Heals used Mid-Chase, I find it more annoying if I down someone and they get picked up instantly with the Pink Add-On. So giving them a Progress Bar can maybe be enough to balanace them, because then they will still be strong, but will not be usable in the most braindead Situations. LIke, the Survivor would need to get some Distance from the Killer to heal himself, instead of just dropping a Pallet and using the Insta-Heal.

• DeadbyThePlague123DeadbyThePlague123 Member Posts: 193

What you said about when someone goes down and they instantly heal I’ve experienced that before it hurt your right I hate that but I also love your ideas

• Financial_StabilityFinancial_Stability Member Posts: 116

I am happy with what is suggested to some extent.

This is just me going on a semantic tangent, but I hate the idea of consumable items and how game-changing they can be. It isn't an item that you can guarantee use of every round like perks, so it makes me feel like you can't be consistent with it. Killers that don't need addons are among my favorite, because I can consistently do well without relying on something that isn't permanent.

• HazeHoundHazeHound Member Posts: 664

Mories and instaheals are fine. If you fear them so much just don't get found and bring franklins.

Game is too random to be perfectly fair every time. Balancing maps should be first priority.

• prayer_survivorprayer_survivor Member Posts: 506

Ebony Mori is 4k 100% of games. Well, really 2k and 2 DC. Is the most unfair element in this game. Instaheals is unfair too, but with an instaheal you only can heal 1 survivor, and only if you are near him when he's hit and put in dying state.

• FiftyCalReaperFiftyCalReaper Member Posts: 24

I got [BAD WORD] over by an instaheal 4 times in a row earlier today so I started running NOED and Moris until rank reset. [BAD WORD] toxic man...I like your suggestions

• premiumRICEpremiumRICE Member Posts: 154

Mori activates after 5 min into the game that would be fair

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 2,473

For Moris, I'm gonna go with the idea I pitched in another thread: Scrap all the Mori offerings, make the yellow Bloodpoint offerings (minus Pudding and Shell) let you Mori one person who has been hooked twice, make the green Bloodpoint offerings (minus Bloody Party Streamers) let you Mori anyone who has been hooked twice. I'd also be okay with Cypress Mori being base kit.

For insta-heals, I'd like to see it so instead of recovering a health state immediately, it creates a progression bar under your health icon (similar to Deep Wounds) that recovers a health state when it is full. To differentiate them, maybe Styptic Agent makes you lose the heal if you are hit while Anti-Hemorrhagic Syringe will continue to heal even if you are down/hooked and store the auto-heal action until you are back on your feet similar to Adrenaline. Or maybe as a different way to differentiate them, Styptic Agent destroys the med-kit on use while AH Syringe only destroys the add-on.

• Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 280
    edited August 13

Cypress Mori should not be passive thing. That would be Nerf to all anti-tunnel/anti-slug perks at once that can give you last hope and escape.

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 2,568

Why does nobody bring up the idea that would make everyone not care? Just make it so nobody can de-pip when such items are used

The only perk that really stands to lose anything (and not even that much) would be Decisive Strike, I think?

Nope, there are way more:

• Boil Over (very-rare case)
    • Tenacity (ultra-rare case)
    • Unbreakeble
    • No Mither
    • Flip-Flop
    • Decisive Strike
    • Deliverence (if hooked before last one is fully sacrifaced)
    • Slippery Meat (if hooked before last one is fully sacrifaced)

I know many of these perks listed here would most of time not saved you, but in same very rare case could be. So that would remove any possibility and would nerf all of these listed perks (some of them not much of course, but still it counts).

Boil Over - Barely, but okay

Tenacity - How?

Unbreakable - How?

No Mither - How?

Flip-Flop - Rarely, but fair

Decisive Strike - Yes, but not by much, given the usual ease of playing around it if the DS player is the last

Deliverance - Considering this is very easy to play around in that scenario, not really

Slippery Meat - Same as above

Tenacity, Unbreakeble and No Mither - you can all combo these with other perks listed below that can overall make you comeback.

I escaped with Tenacity againts Hag that lost me after downing me, no joking. Of course this situation is so rare like 1 out of 1000 games but it is possible. So that would remove this ultra-rare option too.

If you combo with Flip-Flop or Boil Over, it's not Tenacity/No Mither/Unbreakable that is negatively impacted. It's Flip-Flop/Boil Over (and again, barely). Tenacity/Unbreakable/No Mither are not affected.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 4,812
    edited August 13

I would rather something like this for mori:

• Remove all mori offerings except ultra rare. Rename it just "Memento Mori". It allows the Killers to kill a survivor if the survivor is on death hook. Obsessions can be killed after being hooked once (ie. same as old mori's).
    • Allow Killers to kill the last survivor remaining in the trial.
    • Remove the ability to cancel the mori animation and remove the activation bar.

For insta-heals:

• Styptic Agent will trigger an auto-heal process that heals an injured survivor to a healthy state over a period of 20 seconds. This auto-heal process ignores any healing buffs/debuffs (ie. it will always be 20 seconds). If the survivor gets hit during the auto-heal process they will be put into the dying state and be inflicted with the Broken status for 100 seconds.
    • Anti-Haemorrhagic Syringe is the same as Styptic Agent except it heals over a period of 12 seconds, and if the survivor is hit into the dying state the survivor will not gain the Broken status.
    • Both items are still applied instantly and will deplete the entire medkit on use. If used the survivor cannot Self Care or be healed to speed up the process. These items will not work on a survivor in the dying state, only survivors in the injured state.

This would make mori/insta-heals more fair. Mori would be more of a "fun" thing but it could also be used tactically to save time if you get 2 hooks on a survivor and kill them. Killers will also not need a mori to get the mori dailies, they just need to catch the last survivor. Insta-heals heal over time, basically allowing you the option to do other stuff while simultaneously being healed. Syringe is a less risky version of Styptic.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 8,029

This^ I don’t care if people use insta heals or moris, I just don’t wanna de pip.

@thesuicidefox I don't think mori the obsession in 2nd hook is as fair as healing in 12/20 secs.

edited August 13

It's specific to the obsession to make being the obsession a risk. But if it happens to be a game where no one has obsession perks but there's a mori, it wouldn't pick an obsession. Also so that Dying Light would still be relevant.

I see an obssesion in every game, due to DS for tunnelers.

• anonymous31337anonymous31337 Member Posts: 5
    edited August 13

You can touch ebony mori only if you remove SWF from game.

All it means is that if you are an obsession and the killer has a mori, it's basically the same as it is now. If you're not the obsession then you have to be hooked twice (or at least make it to phase 2). It's to add some weight to being an obsession.

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 488

Um..I've beaten several ebony mori killers so I must recut your statistics XD

• meepeemeepee Member Posts: 26

Personally I'd like a timer or something that if you get downed with in that timer the killer cannot mori. And I don't mean like a small or quick timer

• meepeemeepee Member Posts: 26

Oh and if you get chased said timer doesn't decrease sorta thing

• HazeHoundHazeHound Member Posts: 664

@prayer_survivor If you always die on mori games maybe its time to learn something about stealth bro, just saying.

Mories and instaheals are literally the lowest priority problem (for me those are not problem at all).