The 3.4.1 hotfix is rolling out on Steam and PS4, with Xbox and Windows Store following soon. For patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110295/
The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switch™.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Not healing is a permanent exposed status effect

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• ClogWenchClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

The thing about it is that by opting not to heal you're putting more time into gens. Meanwhile it doesn't hinder your ability to loop making it overall more time efficient. If you're skilled at looping, being injured or exposed is very non threatening against the majority of killers.

For one, it existed when looping wasn't as common of an occurence. Secondly it's still threatening against low to mid tier players. And sure, being oneshot all match sounds hefty but when the counterpoint is a match that lasts 5 minutes, and then thanks to the Adrenaline meta everyone is healthy again, that all balances it out. The reason there's such a prevalent no-heal meta is because it just outright is the optiomal way to play at high tiers. Not complaining about it or saying its OP, but that's the reality of things right now.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

I didn't say it was non-threatening, I said the devs perceived it to be more threatening than it actually is. Still, arguably the Hillbilly's chainsaw is only threatening because it allows him to move very quickly, thus potentially cutting down on loops.

• SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 3,306

Billy is incredibly loopable when using his ability, what?

I know you don't play this game very much but lets pretend billy chainsaws every loop.

95% of downs I've seen with a billy are when the killer is revving up 2cm away from the survivor.

When the exposed status effect/oneshot mechanic was created (ie: since day 1) no, looping was NOT a common tactic.

Those infinites killers rightly complained about were non-existent, then?

I literally said "potentially". Look it up. You seem to have a serious problem with adverbs.

I'm not saying it didn't exist early on. I'm saying WHEN ONESHOTS WERE CREATED looping wasn't happening. You know, before people actually played the game at all? Before the devs realized survivors could effectively loop for extended periods of time.

I'm saying the devs think they're more threatening than they are. You're the one putting words in my mouth and then getting upset when I (rightfully) correct you.

rightfully correcting me by pretending billys ability somehow makes him less likely to be looped? lmao

Again, potentially. You're always ignoring adverbs and conditionals to pretend I said something I didn't say.

It's like arguing with a brick wall with them dude, it's truly not worth the effort.

"less likely to be looped?"

Is what I said, I didn't completely disregard what you said, maybe you're the one having trouble here?

• WeederickWeederick Member Posts: 754

Finally a well thought post about healing, that goes beyond "Selfcare is for nubs, you couldve done gens instead" while understanding nothing of the gameflow.

If you've got all four survivors injured, that's between 32 and 128 seconds of healing time, since they can heal simultaneously.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 4,707
    edited August 13

Injured is more dangerous than exposed. But generally exposed perks have additional benefits or trigger in situations where it is disproportionately effective.

EX:

Haunted grounds also gives decoys for other Hex perks thus slowing the game down

Devour hope also comes with extra movement speed (technically) and a Mori

Rancor comes with information and a Mori (technically)

NOED comes with a movement speed increase

MYC procs in the situation where a Survivor is the most likely to be out of position and thus too far from a loop to outlast it. Otherwise it's one of the weaker exposed perks on M1 Killers

Iron maiden... no [BAD WORD] this perk

The 2 Killer powers that apply exposed also have additional effects that make it more dangerous

Myers: Faster Vaults and longer lunges

Ghostface: He is still in stealth and thus might be able to down you before you can initiate a proper chase (in theory)

Billy has additional utility on his saw besides an instant down as well:

• Mobility for map pressure
    • Chainsaw flicking for burst movement in a chase
    • Breaking pallets faster

Plague meanwhile has amazing perk synergies with things like Thanataphobia and M&A

Meanwhile Legion and Leatherface who also use their powers to injure exclusively or instadown are considered to be bottom tier because they DON'T get additional utility.

Legion I consider to be higher tier (than leatherface) because he does get tracking from it, but unlike Plague they can still heal if you are running thanataphobia and M&A in order to counter them and he doesn't have addons to capitalize with either.

And of course Exposed on M2 Killers like Nurse and Hag are great.

• YaiPaYaiPa Member Posts: 709

Well yes but actually no. Chasing an exposed survivor is always preferable over chasing an injured one, because dead hard exist. Also no matter whatyou say, healing is half of the times useless, unless it's a double heal/we'll make it after unhook.

it's easily understandable that if dead hard didn't existed, keeping every other exhaustion perk, everybody would start healing again. Adrenaline gives confidence to survivors for the last 2 gens, dead hard gives it for the entire match.

• ArecBalrinArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

This puts the cart before the horse.

If not-healing can be characterised as a 'permanent Exposed effect', then every single instance where a 2nd-chance perk is in play can be characterised as 'healing done before the fact', which makes general healing surplus to requirements.