Something's strange about the next chapter...

Not healing is a permanent exposed status effect

13»

Comments

• GorgoniaGorgonia Member Posts: 988

Being injured is worse than being exposed both for the survivor and the killer. As a survivor, if you don’t have Iron Will, you will be heard, and even if you do you still bleed. The chances of being found are higher.

Now; from the killer’s perspective, an exposed survivor won’t have dead hard available to use so it’s better to go after in a chase.

• AceonfireAceonfire Member Posts: 164

I've never had a killer get mad for survs. not healing and I've not seen it come up on the forums as killer complaint before either. What info led you to think killers get upset if you don't? Even the kings of gen-rushing 4 man swf's heal but as with most things, it's very situational.

• woundcowboywoundcowboy Member Posts: 83

“Adapted” as in equipping a broken perk. Okay....

• DaS_onlyDaS_only Member Posts: 659

Adapted as in removing a perk (self care) and deal with it to be injured most of the time. Nice mental gymnastics you are doing, hardcore killer main or just newbie?

Rank 1 survivor and killer, actually. Adrenaline is obviously busted, especially in a group.

• Financial_StabilityFinancial_Stability Member Posts: 119

Honestly, there should be a downside to being injured at base. There are a good few ideas that were in here, and I'd also think something along the lines of a scaling repair debuff, say 20% over 70 seconds regardless of proximity to killer would be neat. I'm just spewing ideas, but you have the same running potential being injured as you are healthy. I think there's a lot you could do with that.

So hardcore killer main. Good to know, nice to avoid.

Uhm, there us a downside. You leave blood, killer can hear your pain noises and you are one-shot. U can't see the forest with all the trees.

Me playing survivor makes me a hardcore killer? Interesting logic 🤔

Just because you play survivor doesn't make you automatically unbiased.

It also doesn’t make me a hardcore killer main lol. I see the game through both perspectives. Survivor is incredibly easy compared to killer. I have limited juking ability as survivor but since i know the loops and tiles, I can abuse them and waste a ton of the killer’s time. And that’s just basic survivor; add perks like adrenaline and dstrike and we reach crazy levels of OP.

• MadjuraMadjura Member Posts: 719

And just because you throw around ad hominems your argument doesn't automatically get good

Not healing for the last gens to get Adrenaline to go off was always a thing. The Self-Care nerf didn't improve this tactic at all

• avilmaskavilmask Member Posts: 158

Jokes on you, not healing counters exposed effect (by making it irrelevant).

When I see injured people do gens, and it's 1-2 gen situation, it's an obvious adrenaline play. When survivors do gens injured "it's a high risk high reward adrenaline play" (no way survs use it for whoopnig 5 seconds of speed boost). On another hand, when killer let gens go to get noed activated faster it's "bad killer gets rewarded for being bad".

Anyway, being injured is dangerous most of the time, but dangerous play stops being dangerous when the danger gets removed in matter of seconds. So basically the whole complain about survivors not healing themselves is actually more about survivors getting healed without actually spending time healing.

• KenshinKenshin Member Posts: 442

ppl dont heal against m1 killers since they are no threat and can be easily looped to death (depends on the map too). but they usually heal against spirit/nurse since this two killers are feared. i think there should be a penalty for staying injured for too long.

• UsuiUsui Member Posts: 294

YEEEP!! NAILED IT! THEY WANT YET ANOTHER PERK NERFED.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 1,452
    edited August 14

That's not true. The exposed status effect applies often in unexpected moments taking survivors off guard*, but a injured survivor knows and changes his playstyle to be sure to always have his guard up and not be taken by surprise.

*and when it doesn't, it's way less effective and there are high chances it will be wasted.

• MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 498

But killers with NOED also plays with just 3 perks untill the end game, so that is a major draw back ( especially because killers needs perks more than survivors ). Also, if survivors find the Hex totem ( which they will, totem placements are garbage ), then the killer gets just a single down due to NOED.

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 769

We aren't talking time in the sense of "128 seconds from all survivors injured to all survivors healed," we're talking about 128 second of work between the survivors.

In the same sense a generator takes 80 seconds, but 4 survivors completing a gen in slightly more than 20 seconds is still 80 seconds spent between them.

It's important to know the distinction, as it's why things like self care need AT LEAST a 50% penalty, as any less would make it take less time for the whole team.

• BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,288
    edited August 14

Not healing sounds like It'd work in the killers favor on paper but in actuality it all depends on the situation.

There's a couple of killers that could capitalize on it like Nurse, Spirit, Hag, Huntress, Freddy or Hillbilly but against these killers people know it's dangerous to be always injured so they will in fact heal.

The problem lies with the Weaker killers being essentially just M1 killers with nothing to help in a chase so they can be looped for long periods of time. Just look at the Plague, She's a perfect example of this. When all survivors are Broken and refuse to cleanse to heal she has instadowns but becomes an M1 Killer with no real power.

If a Survivor is somewhat decent at running why would they waste time healing against a killer who has nothing to help in a chase when they could just sit on Generators and Loop until they get adrenaline.