Something's strange about the next chapter...

Can we just remove keys?

Keys are just another nail in the coffin as to why it's unfun to play killer a lot of the time. I've accepted that the hatch is always gonna be a thing even though I initially thought it was a stupid idea, but keys are the real stupid idea. They were supposed to be in the game for a limited time (which was a lie) and toxic SWF teams are all the more grateful that they weren't. They know that they can get a 3-man escape without completing the gens as long as they find the hatch. Tell me: What is the point of having gens and exit gates as an objective if there's an item that allows the same number or more survivors to escape? That just shouldn't exist. Let me know if you agree or if I'm just crazy.

Comments

• YaiPaYaiPa Member Posts: 232
    edited August 14

To everybody inb4: moris are not equals to keys.

Now, we don't need keys to be removed, just to create a new interaction "opening the hatch", which will take roughly 5 seconds and have its unique sound. That's it.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 159

You need to specify what mori, bud. If you mean ebony, I'd change it to only activate on the third down, instead of second.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 159

Lol. Getting three gens done makes them skillful. That's funny.

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 983

Mori and key is equal. Each remove a player from the game. Key is only useable once, but multiple can escape for a short time. Mori (ebony) is useable all game.

No to removing either. Would not mind seeing both tweaked though. Perhaps 2 hooks for the mori and purple key only lets holder out, while pink will let others out, but only a 3 second window.

Moris have a counter, simply don't go down, not sarcastic that's it. If the survivor are good enough they can win against a mori. Yet, even if they cuck themselves up with a three gen situation, they can still get their sweet second chance and win the game, and differently from moris, they don't have to bring keys in the match, so that the opponent know what he's facing, they can find it randomly.

• AceonfireAceonfire Member Posts: 164

IMHO, the biggest problem is how common they are in the bloodweb. These things need to actually be something you see in 1 in 30 games and not 1 in 5. That's not even uncommon at that point and approaching normal.

The devs really fortnited it up when it comes to the stats on these things. pink mori's are even more common than green and yellow which is just so stupid. Just remove the titles of "ultra rare, rare etc.." they mean nothing at this point.

• seven1redseven1red Member Posts: 3

>simply dont go down

Enduring + Spirit Fury: Am I a joke to you?

Tell me we are memeing please. The combo can easily be countered by dropping pallets early, and survivors can easily loop efficiently. From what i read, and the amount of post, you're probably somebody that started playing the game. If not, well you're just bad (and you're bad even at having a discussion, since by not quoting or tagging me, you're making real difficult to me knowing when you replied me).

• FacelessFaceless Member Posts: 63

No.

Git Gud.

Close hatch - Franklin demise - Memento

• thekatethekate Member Posts: 14

Like tunneling survivors and mori them makes you skillful.

• ImpalaImpala Member Posts: 48
    edited August 14

As far as I'm aware, both moris and keys have counters. They won't simply remove one of these just because one salty player demanded it after a not so fortunate game. Even if they think of removing one of these (which they won't), they will probably make a poll and I assure you the majority will vote them to stay. It's a more diverse game with these 2 in it. You literally have Franklin's demise and/or a mori to counter keys. Use them instead of whining.

• ArcticWolfArcticWolf Member Posts: 5
    edited August 14

I don't even see keys as a killer and i haven't used one ever since i got the achievement of all survivors getting out in the hatch so almost a year and half now. So keys I dont think are needed as much but if they were removed something new should be added in.

• PickCollinsPickCollins Member Posts: 168

Remove Moris and then remove keys. Problem solved.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 8,029

Leave keys and moris alone.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,709

You, as in the key holder, don't have to do jack squat to make use of it. You can just wait for other people to repair gens.

• malloymkmalloymk Member Posts: 260

It's true, but I like bloodpoints. So i do gens and chase. The killer literally can hit a survivor 3 times and mori him. I played a match yesterday against a nurse with an ebony. They hooked a decent rando. I unhooked him. They immediately tunneled him. By the time he was downed again (and mori'd) we completed the 3rd gen. We finished a fourth and got out with a key. The killer had the gall to complain about the gen rush after the match. Great stuff. Now if the killer actually applied pressure to more than one player maybe it would have been a different story.

• MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 483

I would be very happy if devs would remove both, Moris and Keys + Instant Heals as well.

• JESUS_CHRISTJESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 240

I had two toolboxes and a key in my match the other day and they wouldn't stop complaining because I mori'd one of them on what would have been their third hook. It wasn't even a quick down after the second hook. The complaining was after they made their two man hatch escape too. Some people...

• malloymkmalloymk Member Posts: 260

Agreed. True ranked mode should definetly be no offernings (other than bp) and items (besides what is found in chests).

It would probably split the player base too much though.