Something's strange about the next chapter...

Can we just remove keys?

Comments

• malloymkmalloymk Member Posts: 263

There would still be complaints, probably over genrushing, camping, tbagging, tunnelling, sandbagging, swf, and so forth.

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 1,520

Keys are fine the way they are.

• CarlosyluCarlosylu Member Posts: 217

I would actually buff keys and moris, keys work for 2 people max then hatch closes and exit gates trigger and moris can be done after two hooks (as a new final hook WITH AN ADECUATE BP AMOUNT PER KILL). What do you think?

• jeyersjeyers Member Posts: 163

And keys have a counter: simply kill all survivors before they get to see hatch.

Mori is way stronger than a key though.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,712
    edited August 14

Not possible to do on purpose, since the hatch is guaranteed to spawn and open in every single trial, no matter what the killer does or how well they play. If the survivors don't get to see the hatch, it's only because they weren't lucky enough to run past it at some point.

Post edited by Orion on
  • YaiPaYaiPa Member Posts: 237
    edited August 14

Moris cannot be found in chests, keys are hard to see in the lobbies while moris clearly appear in the loading screen, if you easily win a match as survivor you keep the key, while you waste the mori if you're the killer, keys have addons to save from losing them, to use moris at least you have to won chases and if you want to tunnel you'll to deal with bt, ds, bodyblocks and so on, to use keys just press one button to get your free escape even after playing badly, starting egc isn't a counter either, since survivor can still reopen the hatch.

No way moris are stronger than keys.

• Th3EntityTh3Entity Member Posts: 21

You should listen to yourself and see if you can have a straight face while saying that an ebony memento mori isn't more op than a key.If 3 survivors want to escape with a key they have to be a swf so most of the time 1 guy gets the hatch with it but ebony mori's you just need to hook someone once and then tunnel him it's easy to do that as wraith huntress ghostface etc also mori's are a free win for the killer. Btw I don't think either the mori's or the keys should be removed they are fine how they are. Memento Mori in Latin means "remember that you are mortal" and mori's should also serve survivors as a reminder of that.

Ps: In the loading screen you are never sure if it is a Mori or a bone splinter or any other offering that makes you spawn as another killer.

• DaS_onlyDaS_only Member Posts: 659

Keys are just strong in the hands of tryhard swf groups who also use a map to track the hatch.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 927

I agree somewhat, keys need to be changed. Same with moris honestly.

• drkiwiedrkiwie Member Posts: 52

I wouldn't mind if keys only opened the hatch for said person who opened it. Mori's on the other hand need to be looked at I think...sure animation is cool the first few times but other than that your losing a ton of points as killer by using them. :/ I avoid them as much as I can in my killer blood webs

• FruityMemesFruityMemes Member Posts: 10

Keys aren't that big of a deal. If you despise them so much use franklins and remember where it was dropped. If you are trapper or hag trap the item. You can also kill the person with the key because it is noticable if they have one. Not to mention you can use a key when downed and the killer can grab the person when doing it

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 429

Keys are fine.

• Feck3Feck3 Member Posts: 10

I don't want to be rude but y'all complain about the stupidest things, first it was a discussion about the keys than it became about moris, and then on top of that y'all just trash talk one another for no reason. All i have to say is if you don't like something don't complain about it learn how to overcome it and theres no reason to talk crap about someone you don't know.

• altruisticaltruistic Member Posts: 498

“They were only supposed to be in the game a limited time.”

What universe are you living in?

Take out all Mori’s, and I would gladly give up all my keys.

• jorklejorkle Member Posts: 2

Way i see it as long as moris exist then keys have a right to exist. It's a balance.

• Mak0Mak0 Member Posts: 26

4 man SWF rarely bring keys anyways cause you have to do all the gens for the hatch to appear if no one has died yet

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 2,588

Keys have a counter, simply don't let gens be done that's not sarcastic that's just it. If the Killer is good enough they can still win against a key. Yet, even as survivor if a survivor plays well and gets gens done the killer can get their free kill because any killer that is half way decent can get two hooks worth. And differently from keys the killer can still put on two very good add-ons AND a mori.

• DeadbyblakeDeadbyblake Member Posts: 14

Can we just remove you?

• FreudentraumaFreudentrauma Member Posts: 566

Killers can still slug the second last survivor and prevent the hatch from spawning. Even with EGC changes, it's still a very common killer behaviour actually.

• martin27martin27 Member Posts: 400

My opinion is that keys should be left in but shod be made harder to get, along with mori's

• GalklifeGalklife Member Posts: 148

what is more common? key or mori?

well if you play billy or LF or nurse you get ebony mori on each bloodweb :) which is fun and fair :)

or surv that get key once per x bloodwebs? :)

so lets talk about counters, killer can A) kill person with key, B) prevent doing gens C)bring franklins

Surv can not get chased :) :) very optimal counter, give me perk that counters Mori :) give me perk that erase Mori from my game :)

• MemberBerryMemberBerry Member Posts: 102

They should remove add-ons that allow you to keep the key if you use it/die and they should make the hatch close after 1 person jumps in with the key.

• s0cial_outc4sts0cial_outc4st Member Posts: 55

Somebody is always going to complain about something, friend.

@MemberBerry with that logic, killer should be unable to use add ons while using mori :)

• NickNick Member Posts: 623

Ugh that feeling when you're doing well as a killer, get a kill, 1 gen left, they [BAD WORD] up on the gens and 3 gen'd themselves, winning position. And you see that hatch open up, FeelsFOOKINBadMan

edited August 15

@Nick that feeling when on 5 gens with ruin killer tunneled to mori 1st surv :) equal fun, 3ppl 5 gens with ruin up, equal fun :) because survs know this game is lost :)

Edit and tunnel of the hook to mori isnt as rare as keys xd its MUCH MUCH common xd and some generous killers even bring dying light :)

• NickNick Member Posts: 623

This is a great form of 'whataboutism', just like Julius Caesar and Pompey in the senate.

This thread is about keys, not moris, dont bring moris up. Moris are bad, yes. Keys are bad, yes. Insta heals are bad, yes. SWF is bad, yes. Killers not respecting unwritten rules are bad, yes, i mean no, i mean what?

This game is not perfect, and it will never be perfect. But is it possible to work together as a community, instead of fighting like a bunch of children defending one 'side'. It's the same game!!

• not_Queefnot_Queef Member Posts: 101
    edited August 15

There is an achievement which can only be completed by using a key, so it would be hard for them to remove keys entirely.

I would suggest making it so the hatch doesn't spawn at all until the gates are powered or there is one person left. That way you wouldn't have survivors ruining the game by leaving early.