Something's strange about the next chapter...

Maps should start in one sides favour, and dynamically change based on gens being completed.

Maelstrom10Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,005

A good example of this is the game map. Killer sided in that it's a small Locked off map (easy to patrol, terror radius effects more of it), where there are select paths to loop until doors are opened and pallets become more easily accessible as more paths to them are opened. However I think we should have maps be more.. dynamic in their changes even if there basic. It doesn't become completely survivor sided, but those doors certainly help with routing on occasion.

As a pure example of something that could be added - the corn maps which are rather survivor sided, create the symptom of corn blindness, making it hard to find survivors at the start of the match. What if as gens were done, the corn wilted and fell to the ground dead. Revealing large open spaces where survivors find it more difficult to hide. Ie the map becoming easier on killers as survivors progress their objective.

Other changes that could be made are things such as having naturally foggier maps (Ormond would fit this asthetic immensely.) Which then have the fog lift more and more as the generators "light up the map", hell this could even be added as a base feature of the game allowing for the fog add-ons to be more significant.

Other more survivor styled options (though I'm not suggesting this is added I'm using it as an example) in the boiler room of the game map, there is a very high ledge which survivors can leap down which usually leads to a pallet and killers can have a hard time following expecially when the survivor has balanced landing. Instead there could be a small gate powered by the generator that is usually next to it, that once powered will open the staircase allowing the player to drop down. - the same principle even could be used on haddonfields windows, being locked until they are later opened by generators powering the area.

There could also be map "mirages of the fog" things that are there that disapear and appear conditionally based on a killer/survivors influence over the area (ie gens done, hooked survivors etc) which could lead to loops or objects appearing and disapearing making the entity's realm feel even more incoherent and ever changing.

Tldr: having maps dynamically change based on the current power of killer or survivors allowing the game to equal out in favour of the other side if one side is winning.

Comments

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 2,254

This would be really cool and actually bring more depth the Collapse. The Collapse is the destruction of the map and when the Survivor should leave, if the Survivors are getting the Gens done then the corn wilting is a sign that the world is slowly...collapsing lol

I am all for this because the maps are cool and loops are the main thing right now but having something small like this would bring a lot of fun. Something I really enjoyed in old James Bond games were the things you could to the map, press a button and the floor opens up or a door closes etc. That's cool and brings more life to the map and not just there for us to run around and loop and hide, the map is alive y'all use it.

• Maelstrom10Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,005

Ooh the old James bond games are a good example. Having elevators and possibly entire rooms open up from buttons being activated by killers/survivors would be neat

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 2,429

+1

Love these ideas.

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 2,668

A map should be balanced the entire game and not favour any side at any point.

Often matches are decided early in the game (Gets the killer a couple of hooks before the first gen gets done? Are 3 gens done when the killer gets his first hook?).

Now imagine in the beginning of the match, one side gets favoured. The match can easily be decided at that point so that it doesn't matter anymore that the map conditions now turn around.

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 2,429

Ok, those are fair points. Maybe not have maps favour either side as they change dynamically, but have more dynamic changes in maps nonetheless would be cool.

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 2,668

As long as it is a gimicky bonus and doesn't favour one side, sure. I just don't see how the devs would have time to implement something like that. There are a lot of issues that need dealing with, I can't imagine that they have ressources to spend on gimicks.

• Maelstrom10Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,005

It wouldn't be meant to be gimmicky. i want it to be more one way of swinging a map in a sides favour, if one side is winning. ie the gens being finished on corn fields, makes the corn die and thus killers can find survivors easier towards the end of the match :) that way when survivors are winning killers get a "buff" same could be said in reverse as well. No huge changes, like idk a gas that makes people exposed or anything crazy like that. but the doors opening on lerys, autohaven and the game is a very good example of this being done well. it doesn't crazily influence the balance of the map, but simply opens new paths for looping.

now if it was some crazy huge bonus which is what it seems to be what your thinking then yeah i can most definitely agree. But even something as simple as having fog impacted by generator progress, and light level increasing as the match goes (ie allowing easier stealth at the beginning of the match before the "realm" is lit up) would be a welcome change imo. not drastically altering the game in any form, but giving a bonus to one side till progress is done.

a slight catch up mechanic if you will