Something's strange about the next chapter...

I am a crap survivor.

DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 2,414
edited August 14 in General Discussions

I can do most everything well or semi-competently as survivor except 360 the killer.

I play on PS4 and have the controller sensitivity set to max.

I have watched dozens of YouTube tutorials.

I watch dozens upon dozens of streams from PS Live of players successfully juking a killer with a 360.

But it’s safe to say out of all the practice and my hundreds upon hundreds of attempts, I have 100% failure rate. The killer never misses. Embarrassingly I’m even hit by rank 20 newbies.

Lol. Gotta laugh I guess.

Comments

• ClocksoClockso Member Posts: 324

killers adapted to getting 360'd, these videos you watched are probably really old were killers didn't even know how to counter a pallet loop, or they were facing a rank 20 trapper. but don't feel down if it never works

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 2,105

@DudeDelicious you are better then me, i can't even 360 i am such a potato :( @GrootDude will tell you that lol

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 2,414

@Clockso @Mushwin oh ok, lol, that’s encouraging.

Like i’m super good at avoiding getting into a chase in the first place, but once I’m spotted, i’m fudged.

Nothing more humiliating than dying on first hook, then seeing on the results screen they’re a rank 20 noob without any perks or add ons.

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 2,105

Mushwin is usually the first on hook or to die, also i am usually the one who always without fail, cleanses haunted ground lol (though sometimes i did it on purpose just to have the fun) billy always finds me, i am getting a lil bit better, if i try and 360 i end up hitting a crate or the wall, a tree....yep and looping.....well i can't lol

• Maelstrom10Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,003

Being unable to 360 doesn't make you a bad survivor....

Like that's just fancy movement tech, dw about it expecially since it will rarely save you.

Focus on your ability to mindgame loops, to know every killer inside and out. That will help you be a better survivor

• ImpalaImpala Member Posts: 48
    edited August 14

You must know when to 360, I usually do it when I am about to vault something cuz most probably the killer will swing to get the hit before I vault or in the corn cuz they can't really see me and even these work only against unexperienced killers. I can remember achieveing a 360 against a red rank killer only once against a Plague and that was more likely because I performed it in the corn and she didn't see me well.

Killers indeed adapted to these 360s so it's pretty hard to trick them, I'm not a console player and I imagine it's even harder to 360 on a controller.

However, that doesn't make you a crap survivor, you survivor skill depends on your ability to stall the killer's time or do gens as fast as you can, one of them doesn't even require a 360, the other one is achievable without a 360. Most streamers stopped trying to 360 anyways and that allowed the survivor role as a whole to evolve into more of a looping machine.

• Scal3rScal3r Member Posts: 66

360s don't work 90% of the time anyway

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 8,027

@Mushwin can’t loop. :P

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 893

If you watch any current videos or streams of killers you will see that most survivors they chase don't even bother trying to 360 them any more. That's how ineffective they are.

A successful 360 is done when the killer messes up.

I also cannot 360.

btw, its good that some people on the forum are happy to admit their weaknesses. If you believed everyone on here, you would think everyone was a rank 1 killer and a rank 1 survivor that can loop the killer for 5 gens and 4K every match.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 8,027

I’m a better killer than I am a survivor, I can loop, 360 and stealth but I’m not as good at looping as Mushwin would tell you. :P

• Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 1,498

I can 360 about 60% of the time. However, I have a special little mindgame i like to perform before I do a 360. I'd be happy to show you sometime.

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 3,288

A 360 doesn't make you a good survivor. Not being the Meg that goes down ten seconds into a chase is what makes you a good survivor. 360s don't really work against good killers, and even against bad ones, it's a total gamble. They don't do anything themselves, you're just hoping that the killer freaks and and whips their mouse (or stick) across the room while trying to hit someone that isn't really moving.

• ThaznarThaznar Member Posts: 846
    edited August 14

I always had a feeling that 360s worked better before the 1st engine update to the game. After that survivor's movement felt a little different to me and 360s harder to pull off effectively. Am I being deluded or was that a thing?

• May_Be_AFKMay_Be_AFK Member Posts: 38

To be honest 360 is last ditch effort not to get hit. But it can also be used to take a hit and confuse killer while they reset. It can tell you pretty quick what type of killer you're dealing with too. Top killers may even wait until you get it out of your system before hitting you. Think dead hard or even head on. If they think you have it, they'll let you do it and then smack you in the beans afterwards.

It's fun to do. I've had my best outcomes in higher ranks by not being chased but going head on at someone. Being chased usually leads to a hit with a good killer.

• May_Be_AFKMay_Be_AFK Member Posts: 38

Well, a m1 killer. You can pull them off better with a killer using an ability, like blinking or saw revving, etc.