Join us on Twitch/YouTube this Thursday at 2pm ET as we uncover the strange things taking place in Hawkins.
Something's strange about the next chapter...

Issues with pig reverse traps

People are able to run out of the exit gates with the pig traps on their heads now and they haven't been going off after the 2.5 minutes anymore. Makes the traps a bit pointless. Is this a bug?

Tagged:

Comments

• Rizzo90Rizzo90 Member, Mod Posts: 1,187

If the traps aren't active, survivors can escape with them on.

• EntityDispleasedEntityDispleased Member Posts: 1,437

If the trap didn't start ticking they can escape without taking it off, which makes perfect [BAD WORD] sense apparently.

• mjayybbmjayybb Member Posts: 2

To be active, generators need to be being worked on, right? I can't figure it out. My pig capped out at level 50 and the traps are super helpful when they do work. But i have seen several people run out of the exits with traps on while the indicator is red but not beeping. I guess it's not a bug then.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member Posts: 1,716

It was changed due to the EGC.

If a trap isn't active before the last gen is done they can not activate.

It's to balance out it being overly strong due to the EGC implementation which makes sense as no power should make the timer have guaranteed kills.

The traps weren't designed to be an end game power but a way to slow the gens down. It was the players who adopted that strat to make her stronger. She needs some buffs after the change but I'd say more to her main power which is the stealth and ambush.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 2,417

Yes, generators need to be completed to activate the Traps. Long-story short, Traps you put on a Survivor after the last Generator is completed will do nothing.

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 1,133

Another mess thanks to the EGC

• MarcurieMarcurie Member Posts: 3

It's a messy balance...

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 713

When you place a trap on, it is inactive. It does nothing.

When a generator is completed all currently inactive traps become active, and their 2:30 timer starts, at the end of which the survivors die.

Survivors with ACTIVE traps cannot leave through exit gates, survivors with INACTIVE traps can.

If the last generator has been powered, no traps placed after that will ever be active, all remaining charges of your power are basically worthless.

It was a big old middle finger to Pig that should never have happened, there are so many other options they could have taken, like pausing the EGC timer a long as a trap is active which would be WAY more lore appropriate.