Something's strange about the next chapter...

Will Quentin's perks ever get reworked/buffed?

Quentin's perks are pretty much underwhelming in their current state and no one really uses them. I've never personally seen anyone using Wake Up! and Vigil.

The only perk used more often is Pharmacy, mainly because it's good for item hunt.

Vigil used to be a decent perk, however, since you don't recover from Exhaustion while running anymore, it has lost its main purpose. The other status effect affected by Vigil are mostly permanent till something else is done (e. g. if the killer has Sloppy Butcher, you need to heal in order to get rid of the status effects).

Wake Up! wasn't really used at any time.

Pharmacy just needs a buff. Wake Up! should get an update, similar to the Legion. Vigil, in my opinion, should get a major rework.

Comments

• FichteHiroFichteHiro Member Posts: 52
    edited August 15

Lol, no. It's just not a major rework.

• indieeden7indieeden7 Member Posts: 512

I'd be happy if they made vigil recover exhaustion while running but reduce the the rate by 67% (or more) so it would take 2 full minutes (or longer) to recover while running.

I feel like 20% doesn't make a big difference. Maybe 50% on Tier III.

Status Effects are not a default feature of any match, so the perk remains a bit situational.

If it applied to exposed, then it would be a bit OP, but...

Yeah, if you could recover from Exhaustion while running if you have Vigil on, it'd be a nice feature.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 2,277
    edited August 15

Is this a repost? I swear I commented on this exact thread.

Not exactly.

I guess Vigil could just get a buff in its percentage and work on all status effects. A new feature such as recovering from exhaustion while running would be nice.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 2,277

I wonder if Vigil will be the new meta if Vigil allowed recovery while running with Exhaustion. My bet is it will, I know Megs used to be able to infinitely kite the Killer with Sprint Burst before they changed it.

edited August 15

Yeah, but it's still better to have a new meta perk than another bad perk.

edited August 15

It could also be a bit different for exhaustion (e. g. you recover at 50% of the normal exhaustion recovery speed). This would apply only if you are running

I don't really have any ideas for Wake Up!

edited August 15
  • Nescau_FernandoNescau_Fernando Member Posts: 39

Vigil should allow exhaustion to recover while running.

Yeah, yeah...recovering from exhaustion while running was OP as a baseline ability, but would it really be too much if it took a perk slot?

edited August 15

I don't think so. It could be implemented so that you recover from exhaustion at 50% or 60% of the base exhaustion recovery speed while running. This means it would take approximately 80 seconds to recover from exhaustion while running. Pretty much what it was before but now it take a perk slot.

Post edited by FichteHiro on

I don't know if Vigil should apply to Exposed, as it would be pretty OP. The only way this could be implemented is so that it only works on Exposed inflicted by perks.

• MewMew Member Posts: 158

Id like if vigil shortened status effect time (idk by how much tbh) and also make permanent status effects go away in a certain amount of time (like having Sloppy butcher give you mangled, itll go away in x amount of seconds)

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 1,277

There was a reason recovering from exhaustion while running was removed. It's still possible to run a killer around some loops for more than 80 seconds even without an exhaustion perk with no chance of counterplay.

My idea for Vigil was to make it just a global buff, much like Open Handed and Up The Ante are, and is able to stack with other Vigils. 4 vigils on a team means 80% increased recovery speed from status effects -- including exhaustion, nearly cutting the cooldowns or status effect durations in half for the entire team.

The change from small radius buff to global immediately makes it much more useful, but not overpowered, even when stacked.

If it's still underperforming after that, we can change it further.

edited August 15

I think it would still be underwhelming as not many people use/have Vigil. You would also need to be nearby for the perk to stack. The exhaustion recovery speed could be decreased further, it could get a buff at its percentage, it could apply to all status effects, or even be reworked fully (different functions).

Please read my post fully. Literally the first sentence in the second paragraph.

edited August 15

Yeah, they can only stack together if other people have it. It's very unlikely that all four Survivors have Vigil on, unless you've got a 4-man SWF.

It could be pretty OP if they did, but it's unlikely to happen. Having an 80% faster time recovering from exhaustion sounds very OP, but it doesn't help mid-chase. As for other status effects, it could be absolutely massive.

• Angelicus23Angelicus23 Member Posts: 558

In my opinion, they're ok

edited August 15

I think Pharmacy is ok, but I think Wake Up! and Vigil need some kind of update, buff or rework. No one uses them.

• PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 1,797

That isnt the problem though. Range isnt the reason why Vigil is weak. The real problem is how its effect, when it does trigger, is useless. How many times have you seen in the past year a situation in which you wished Clown's/Wraith's blindness add-ons lasted slightly less, or Huntress'/Chainsaws' mangled add-ons lasted a few seconds less?

Vigil needs something else entirely.

I can think of a lot of situations where even having a 4 second less cooldown on my exhaustion perk would have saved my life. More so if I didn't even need to run the perk but someone else was running it and I still got the benefit.

And like I said, if it's still underwhelming, there's still more that could be added to it. I'm not against a full rework either, but last thing I want is another MoM situation, unless you want 10 minute queues as survivor again because a single perk was so strong, that nobody wanted to play the opposing side, and that's what will happen if things like exhaustion is reduced while sprinting again. It was removed, because using an exhaustion perk more than once in a chase was unbalanced. Making a perk do that means it will be unbalanced.

• PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 1,797

I do disagree with having the ability to recover exhaustion while running. That should never make it back in no way or form.