Dead by Daylight will be in Europe for the first time at Gamescom. If you are around the area, there will be a get together on Wednesday, August 21st at 6PM CEST! Come chat, drink, snack and have fun with DBD team members [18+]
To book your ticket:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dead-by-daylight-gamescom-meetup-tickets-68832392539

Not a fan of new Badham layouts

Before people assume anything, I think the new pallets spawns, fixes to the houses, and generally better designed tiles are all good. Those kinds of changes should definitely stay.

My problem with the new Badham maps is there are 5 different versions of the same map, which is REALLY confusing when you get different versions each time. I get it was done to bolster the map count, but I would rather 2-3 completely different maps than 5 variants of the same map. They are all too similar and it seems really hard to learn the layouts. Like even when a new map comes out I can learn the layout pretty easily, but with these they are too same-y and I constantly feel like I'm lost because I'm thinking of a different layout.

Please reconsider this change. Give us 1 or 2 more NEW maps for this realm instead.

Comments

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 4,803
    edited August 16

Exactly! It's so confusing. The pallets and all that is great but I never know where I am or where to go, and because it's different every time it makes it that much harder to learn.

I woulda been fine with a tile/pallet rework and 1 new map for the realm. Maybe do Nancy's house or something, or maybe the warehouse where he was caught by the parents. Or both.

• PrincessPoopPrincessPoop Member Posts: 206

I’m pretty sure the devs said they will only do the map variations for licensed realms since adding new maps entirely would be much more difficult.

• CornpopersCornpopers Member Posts: 245

I honestly think that five variations are a little over board, I think 3 variations would be perfect. I do understand why they did what they did though, they wanted to give players as much variety as possible.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 957

I believe that was the point? The number of similar maps was to reintroduce the notion of not knowing you next step thus reintroducing that fear factor most lost b the time they left rank 20

• Tzeentchling9Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,472

Good, because as @DudeDelicious said, that is the [BAD WORD] point of the way the maps are generated.

Survivors are too used to running through planned routes of safe spots to occupy the killer while their buddies gen rush. Honestly, more maps need to be shaken up.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 2,127

I agree with this statement, because it's the same map but with 5 variations it gives the map more variety and confuses everyone. Survivor not being able to learn the layout is good for the Killer and vice versa, uncertainty is an advantage to both sides.

Also think about this for a moment, all the licensed maps are going to get this treatment, maybe not 5 each but more variations of those maps. This means we may not be getting the Corn maps as often <3

But even on other maps you still have to check out areas before you run them. Different pallets and windows can spawn and IMO that's plenty variation to add some unknown element to the maps.

But this is just a clusterfunk. With the changes to pallets and some spots, having so much variation honestly isn't necessary. It would have been just fine if they made those changes and nothing else.

Plus you have to remember it works both ways. You can still get lost as killer because the tiles are so out of whack from what the norm is. Granted it's not as bad because you can just orient yourself based on the gens, but it can happen to killer also. Not to mention, the tiles themselves are the same across each variant. So when a survivor runs to say, preschool they know the orientation of the tile.

It's just not enjoyable I don't know how else to say it. Give us 1 entirely new map, keep the changes to tiles, and ditch this v1/v2/etc nonsense.

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 2,293

Give us Temple of Purgation spawning in The Game 🤣🤣🤣

But they're not going to do this for every map, so....???

It just seems like it's better if we got a totally new map then a pass on tiles to improve pallet/window spawns and stuff.

Like I can see "it makes it harder to path" as a valid reason but is it necessary? I don't think so. Not to mention you are going to make it even harder for new players.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 957

How since new players don't know the layouts anyways?

@thesuicidefox I would prefer a new map in these realms tbh, I would rather have a completely new map with the same tile set rather than 1 map with several variations but Behavior said that wasn't possible or at least difficult to get permission to do.

Because if it's hard for an experienced player to learn each layout then it's going to be impossible for new players. At least I know what's on each tile and how the tiles themselves are built.

I can understand that, but if it's a matter of licensing I honestly would just want 1 version of the map, then combine some maps into the same realm if anything. Haddonfield and Badham should honestly be in the same realm because they are very similar and share some tiles that don't exist on other maps.

• CatbucketCatbucket Member Posts: 187

I really prefer the 5 variations, and actually really hope they keep doing that in the future.

@thesuicidefox I love the Haddonfield tiles, I adore the colors and the houses, the urban setting feels really good. I don't know if they can use the same types of tiles from licensed maps on normal maps but I would love another town map with houses, it just feel more real maybe. All the maps we have are these middle of nowhere maps that you wouldn't see very often in real life, factories, meat packing plant, the inside of estates and junk yards these are all places that exist but they're out there not for the general populace so they feel foreign. I want more maps that we can relate with.

• malloymkmalloymk Member Posts: 249

At least name them for crying out loud.

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 701

I think if they had names they'd be a lot better. I spawn in and I'm questioning if Badham 2 was the one I hated last time or if it was 4.

I find the different maps really lackluster though. They all still just feel like a rectangle with the 4 main buildings arranged in a square.

It would have been way better to see some significantly changed maps. Give us an Azarov's/Suffocation Pit style split map, Make the preschool's halls a different layout. It just doesn't feel different enough, just needlessly confusing.

• indieeden7indieeden7 Member Posts: 447

The devs could just release birds eye views of each of the variations and I'd be over the moon, just a quick reference to each layout would make it so much easier to plan effective movement around each of the maps.

• ThaznarThaznar Member Posts: 827
    edited August 16

I would love them to change Haddonfield to be honest.

This would help a lot, however I probably would still not like them LOL.

They haven't said this, but I'm extremely confident that Haddonfield is the next map to get a rework. This map is so horrible for killers. The only killers I feel aren't screwed by this map are Trapper (he can trap the house loops), Spirit (except when the infinite at Myers house is open, because windows like that crush her), and Freddy (if he has snares, he sets 2-3 along the loop and breaks it, also because he can gen teleport). Everyone else gets massively dumped on with this map, and even these guys it's not a good map for them just more neutral.

• MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 419
  • Eternal0088Eternal0088 Member Posts: 8

I love the 5 variations. I agree with whoever said that it keeps people on their toes. Frankly, if the maps could be 100% procedurally generated, therefore basically never the same, I would be completely on board with that.

You shouldn't be able to 'learn' the map. You should be running for your bloody life, thinking on the fly as I come at you with my knife. Would make both sides of play way better.

No more of this running straight to godloop A, running it 3 times and then straight to jungle gym B... oh gens are done, bye. The way it is now some of the maps and loops are literally mathed right out and as a survivor I know 100% of the time EXACTLY how to play them to a high degree of efficiency. I mean.. the killer can always go chase someone else but they also know the same loops and then its gg.

Change is good. Don't push back against one of the best things to happen to the game in a long time.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 2,353

I absolutely love the changes they made and that there are 5 variations. I hope they continue to do that as much as possible with existing maps.

• Salty_PearlSalty_Pearl Member Posts: 789

I really don't think 5 maps is necessary. I'd rather them have one map but just make it so that map's layout get changed like the others.

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneakyMrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 256

Im pretty sure in the lore and by the devs themselves, with each trail survivors and killers are brought into, it is always different