Dead by Daylight will be in Europe for the first time at Gamescom. If you are around the area, there will be a get together on Wednesday, August 21st at 6PM CEST! Come chat, drink, snack and have fun with DBD team members [18+]
To book your ticket:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dead-by-daylight-gamescom-meetup-tickets-68832392539

Perk idea

KingBKingB Member Posts: 736
edited August 16 in Fan Creations

Couldn't think of a good name, just the concept.

Crippling hooks

At the start of the trial, 4/5/6 random hooks are chosen. If a survivor is hooked on one of these hooks, the survivor will lose a random perk for the remainder of the trial. Survivors can only lose one perk each. Hooking a survivor who has already lost a hook on a special hook will not cause the hook to lose special properties.

Comments

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 2,126

It feels incredibly painful to have a perk taken away from you lol Survivors and Killers get this. It would combat D-Strike, Adrenaline, Self-Care, everything; and it would suck. I can't say it's a good idea or a bad idea but I will say that if it came into the game I wouldn't complain.

The bright side of this perk though is that it would incentivize Sabotaging Hooks because Survivors would want to get these out of the way ASAP. This also gives Hangman's Trick a viable build :) So this perk does have benefits for both sides.

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 2,575

To clarify: Would the hooks be recognizable as crippling hooks for the survivors and the killer?

• Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 243

Interesting idea, but I don't like how much luck based that is. It would be very good but at the same time lot of frustration for Survivors (rip combo builds) or almost worthless for Killer (only the weaker Perk from Survivors would be removed)

Btw. Imagine playing No Mither and lose it. #NoMitherOP

• KingBKingB Member Posts: 736

@NoShinyPony For the killer absolutely. The impacted hooks will glow blue like they are in an event. I think testing would be needed first to see how strong it is then maybe give the hooks some visual differences.

• KingBKingB Member Posts: 736

@Buily09 that's the beauty. It's completely luck/rng based. Its basically the closest to survivor hex totems possible.