Chapter 14 Teaser:
Give us your opinion! Complete the Players Satisfaction Survey! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DbDCSAT
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

My observation on forum members attitude towards balance.

2»

Comments

• WeederickWeederick Member Posts: 639

My favorite posts start with "As a X main...". Then you can mentally prepare for extremely biased, uninformed and noobish opinions. They're always Y mains

• PoisonNPoisonN Member Posts: 374

Not everyone is imparcial. I'm consider myself as a Spirit main (also, killer main) and I really want a nerf in prayer beads. Same to iri heads from Huntress and other bs. Some people have maturity to listen to both sides, having an opinion, agree or disagree and that's normal lol 

• Locker_MonsterLocker_Monster Member Posts: 496

My favorite is when someone posts an idea/balance suggestion that's completely broken, because they can't think objectively & just want easier wins.

Then the forums give them legit reasons why the idea is not good and they just yell 'You're biased!' or 'CLEARLY you did not understand what I said!'

• WeederickWeederick Member Posts: 639

Ok, not everyone. The minority follows it up with reasonable arguments like you. Most of the "As a X main" are just frustrated people whose ideas get ignored, so they say it to give it more weight and believability. But "As a killer main, i want to see old MoM back" sounds even worse than just asking for MoM buffs.

• darktrixdarktrix Member Posts: 1,076

Well you know what they say - if people have nothing bad to say, they say nothing at all.

Or was that supposed to be another way? /shrug

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 620

Nothing inherently wrong with being biased, everyone is biased in some way. Some are overall biased in one way or another, others are biased in different ways on different issues.

There is a very clear "all or nothing, us vs them" mindset that went full speed past the point of no return though. Just look at the "you probably deserved it" posts that sometimes pop up in threads about stuff like camping, tbagging, post-game trash talk or whatever else, or the accusations towards people of pushing some sort of "agenda".

This is also incredibly true. It's impossible to open a thread about moris without seeing half the thread turn into a discussion on adrenaline and/or keys, or a thread about some issue you're having without someone from "the other side" coming in to tell you how much worse they have it.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

To be clear, there's a fine line between saying "X is OK because Y exists" and "X? But what about Y?". The former is just pointing out potential counters. The latter is whataboutism, whose only purpose is to change the topic of conversation. I'm quite familiar with it since it's used to try to discredit me in the vast majority of comments I make that focus on the matter at hand.