Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Can we get the long-awaited Operation Health after Stranger Things?

JudgementJudgement Member Posts: 789
edited August 2019 in General Discussions

I don’t believe I need to say anything else besides the title, but I will lmao

It’s been requested and awaited for the longest time; do what Ubisoft did with Rainbow Six Siege - abandon content releases to fix the damn game. As soon as Stranger Things is released, please start working on fixing the game.

If required, take even two ‘chapters’ off just to fix it. The game needs to be fixed desperately, because every single patch breaks something. Would six months be enough time to fix spaghetti code and a majority of the bugs?

In my personal opinion, BHVR should have tried to fix the spaghetti code problem last year - before they had the massive Killer, Survivor, and Perk roster they have now. It would have been much easier to do it so long ago, and the longer they wait, the harder it will be to fix the game and straighten out the spaghetti code.

Please consider doing this as soon as possible, BHVR. The game really needs it.

Comments

• JudgementJudgement Member Posts: 789
    edited August 2019

If I may make a suggestion; there’s gotta be a much earlier build of the game, long before we had 12+ Killers and Survivors, and 60+ perks for each side, saved and stored somewhere, right?

Perhaps BHVR could retrieve an older build from the archives, assuming they save previous versions of the game to roll back in case something ends up critically broken, and start working from there? Fix the code from the old build, and over time start adding each chapter’s worth of content, copied then refined and then placed in, and smooth it out at the end?

This could also help make do with the ‘multiple separate builds’ issue that was talked about by Peanits when I made my post asking why they prefer to fix critical bugs in mid-chapters - he explained it’s because they would need to make a separate build that will only be out for a week before releasing the bigger build that will need to be edited again.

I understand coding and game making is much - MUCH - easier said than done, of course, but maybe this suggestion could be taken into consideration to help fix the game?

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,441
    edited August 2019

I mean, we don't know the code and have no idea whether 6 months would be enough to fix the architecture. Let's assume it is. 6 months working on fixing the code, then more time to work on a new chapter - I'm afraid a lot of players would leave DbD if they don't get content for such a long amount of time.

Edit: On another note, I absolutely see the need for an operation health. Bugs aside, the game's performance is basically getting worse with every patch.

It's not an easy decision.

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,063
    edited August 2019

I'd settle for them to actually test things properly when they "fix" bugs. Usually fixing a bug brings several more. See: Sprint Burst Exploit fix.