The 3.4.1 hotfix is rolling out on Steam and PS4, with Xbox and Windows Store following soon. For patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110295/
The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switchβ„’.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

How to play: the Legion.

Chaotic_RiddleChaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,809
edited August 30 in Guides

Hello! For anyone who has been curious/interested in playing Legion after their changes, a lot of players have been confused as to ‘how do I play them?!’ and ‘why am I doing this?’ Well, I can’t answer that second one for you, but I sure as can tell you the first part!

For starters:

Legion isn’t exactly what they used to be. They're a difficult Killer to learn and to master, but if you find them appealing mechanic-wise or visual-wise, then I’d like to help YOU, person who is curious as to how to play them effectively, on trying to make Legion somewhat viable.

Legion’s power is...Confusing. But don't worry, I'll explain. Legion has the Feral Frenzy ability, giving them a boost in movement speed for a certain duration that allows them to chain stab multiple Survivors for 10 seconds. When you stab your first Survivor, you'll be given Killer Instinct, an ability that allows you to see the location of the Survivors within your Terror Radius, and recharges your ability to last ten more seconds! Add-ons can help increase the time you have Frenzy, the amount of time it takes Survivors to mend, how far out you can see the Survivor's in Killer Instinct, and additional goodies!

Main build:

Thanatophobia, Sloppy, Ruin/PGTW (Pop Goes), and a fourth perk of your choice. Essentially, with the add-ons that I will state here in a bit, this build helps with keeping Legion’s power under lock and key to the Survivors, but making it manageable to the Killer to have that be an upside. Unlike the Plague, who, having her major power be locked away from her and only affected by the Survivors into getting, this is something beneficial to Legion. For add-ons, however, this is when the fun starts...Bring a cooldown add-on (because that’s a given) AND one of the blades.

The entire reason behind all of this is to essentially slow the game down entirely as Legion by having Survivors waste their time with mending, healing, and dealing with slower gen progress. Go to feral when given the chance (AGAINST UNINJURED SURVIVORS), try to hit as many as you can, and let them do the work. If they want to deal with wasting essentially an entire minute and a half just healing and mending, then let them, but if they want to stay injured for the rest of the match and make gen progress just a TINYYYYYY bit slower, but makes dealing with them a lot more easier on you!

Fun builds:

(Speed-gion)-Perks: Bamboozle, Fire It Up, Brutal Strength, and either Agitation or Save The Best.

Add-ons: Any add-ons consisting of Cooldown and Mending are viable, but you can also run two rulers to keep the speed-times going. Iridescent Button also works beautifully with this build.

(Bleed-gion)-Perks: Sloppy, Thanatophobia, Coulrophobia, and Nurse's/Distressing

Add-ons: Iridescent Button and any of the blades! Cooldown is also fine!

(Read-gion)-Perks: BBQ, Nurse's, Rancor, and Bitter Murmur

Add-ons: Any add-on that increases the duration of Frenzy and increase the range of Killer Instinct!

(Gen-gion)-Perks: Ruin, PGTW, Brutal/Discordance, and Overcharge

Add-ons: Anything will work for this build, but if you want to be the gen guardian Legion you always wish to be, bringing extended Frenzy duration and cooldowns will make your life easier.

Conclusion:

Legion takes a bit of time, but if you wish to make this Killer one of your mains or just personal favorites to play, then I hope that what I have suggested and helped you out with learning on how to be the Legion! If you have ANY questions, feel free to ask me, or anyone else whose experienced with Legion in their current state! Remember, learning them and their power might take some time, but in the end, as long as you're having fun, that's all that matters. Have a beautiful day! πŸ’œ

Post edited by Chaotic_Riddle on

Comments

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 2,237
    edited August 29

Darn, I was going to do this! : P

For Gengion, you could bring Fuming Mixtape for extra gen awareness.

• Chaotic_RiddleChaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,809
    edited August 29

You can still do it!! Be as creative as you want with it! Everyone has different builds and ideas for Killers, and I’m sure your guide could be better than mine! πŸ’œπŸ’œ

edited August 29

Maybe I'll make that after I finish my Freddy Guide. ; )

Seriously though, you did a good job and covered the builds really well.

• NMCKENMCKE Member, Trusted Posts: 6,037

Nice tutorial, it's really well organized! πŸ™‚

I might play some Legion now!

• Chaotic_RiddleChaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,809

Thanks, man. It's always nice to see your comments!! πŸ’œ

• One thing I'd like too add is this. Dont be afraid to Feral if you plan ahead. Even an injured survivor can be effected with Feral. One thing I like too do if the Survivor gets ahead is too close the gap and run past them abit and manually end Feral. It can be risky but it helps in closing the distance. Also love using with the Irredecent Pin to clear pallets during chases. Just remember as Legion pressure is your game, somtimes giving up a chase too go for a survivor who is unaware you see them with your Instinct can net you a hook over chasing a good looper.

• Lost_in_the_FogLost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 391

I agree with not being afraid to hit an injured survivor with Feral Frenzy. Sure you won't down them but it will put them back in Deep Wound which adds more pressure as they're forced to mend again. It is also a great way to locate more survivors when it triggers Killer Instinct. I have a lot of success tracking survivors this way. Definitely don't feel like you need to save your frenzy just because the survivor you've come across is injured.

• JnnsMuJnnsMu Member Posts: 127

You have a few interesting builds but, in my opinion, a good build should work even with brown or no add-ons. This is kind of tough for Legion, especially in red ranks but a fun build I've been doing is a very defensive Legion. I usually run BBQ, Surveillance, Pop goes the Weasel and, if you wanna commit to the 3-gen strat either Thanatophobia or Dying Light and if you wanna have a more consistent build Ruin. Just try to defend 3 generators especially heavily. Kicking them will be rewarded by Pop and when someone works on them, Surveillance will alert you. You can then go there and use what, in my opinion, is the only reason to play Legion: information. The 3 gen is kind of necessary because forcing survivors into a small area is the only way to use your power effectively. This build can be quite exhausting to play and it won't ever snowball like a Billy or Spirit could but it's the build that I could get the most consistent 4Ks on add-on-less Legion on rank 1.

• xnes_galaxxnes_galax Member Posts: 149

Thats really good and i like to see more people actually understanding how this killer work. However, you didnt tell much about the playstyle. In fact you focused more on suggesting builds. I think you could add some more details about how legion plays now.

Again good work

Really intrested to see this as a freddy main. You better impress me ^^

• Creepingcam1070Creepingcam1070 Member Posts: 256

As a Legion main I thoroughly enjoyed this guide especially the builds section.

edited October 8

I would like some feedback from Freddy Mains, since I don't play the rework as much as the previous one.

There you go. : )

• xBEATDOWNSxxBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 70

When I get home from work tomorrow morning, I'll make a post on how I play Legion. It's definitely worked for me and my main style. Thanks for the inspiration!