Play Deathgarden for free from August 14th-21st on STEAM.
If you own both Deathgarden and Dead by Daylight, you will receive two masks in each game. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/13799/deathgarden-x-dead-by-daylight/p1?new=1

New Changes Suck

SasukeKunSasukeKun Member Posts: 79

I'm speaking on behalf of only the Killer and Survivor Perk Changes that have to do with aura reading;
Revert these killer aura reading changes, i wanna play this game how it's originally intended not battle of the PSYCHICS. I've played this game since the start and these changes are a mass from people who just can't lose. They need this giant crutch for no reason, if you can't find the survivors too bad you lose. I don;t wanna know where the killer is every time i complete a generator either i want a CHALLENGE.

Comments

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 523
    edited July 11

I love the Perk changes, from both POV with te exception Sole Survivor.

• AlexAnarchyAlexAnarchy Member Posts: 291
    edited July 11

why would you be trying to stealth around the map when the gates are powered anyway? You should be GTFO of the map : P

• Aari_Piggy66Aari_Piggy66 Member Posts: 333
    SasukeKun said:

I'm speaking on behalf of only the Killer and Survivor Perk Changes that have to do with aura reading;
    Revert these killer aura reading changes, i wanna play this game how it's originally intended not battle of the PSYCHICS. I've played this game since the start and these changes are a mass from people who just can't lose. They need this giant crutch for no reason, if you can't find the survivors too bad you lose. I don;t wanna know where the killer is every time i complete a generator either i want a CHALLENGE.

So revert the survivor aura reading too it ruins a lot of stealth based killers like Amanda, Wraith and Myers.

Or you can stop complaining and notice that changes are fine.
  • MadjuraMadjura Member Posts: 39

Premonition mentions specifically that it trumps any stealth ability, Dark Sense does not. If Dark Sense works against them then it's a bug.

• chadnati0nchadnati0n Member Posts: 29

@DKOuToFConTRoL said:
    Agreed the aura reading is just too much.In my first game as killer, I literally did not see anyone until the last gen was powered, but continuing to play the game I got better at finding and hunting people; but there is not any of that now, no reason to learn to hunt.

Not to mention how worthless this makes perks like urban evasion. Personally, one of the best feelings as survivor is to successfully hide from the killer as they look all around you and never find you, so much for that.

i stopped playing f13 because it was too easy to find people as jason. i dont have it on pc but from the looks of it its starting to emulate f13 and that def takes the fun out of the hunt. please heed these guys as they are right revert those stupid aura changes..

@Madjura said:
    Premonition mentions specifically that it trumps any stealth ability, Dark Sense does not. If Dark Sense works against them then it's a bug.

Premonition is not an Aura-reading Perk, that's the key difference to Dark Sense.

• AlexAnarchyAlexAnarchy Member Posts: 291

@chadnati0n said:

@DKOuToFConTRoL said:
    Agreed the aura reading is just too much.In my first game as killer, I literally did not see anyone until the last gen was powered, but continuing to play the game I got better at finding and hunting people; but there is not any of that now, no reason to learn to hunt.

Not to mention how worthless this makes perks like urban evasion. Personally, one of the best feelings as survivor is to successfully hide from the killer as they look all around you and never find you, so much for that.

i stopped playing f13 because it was too easy to find people as jason. i dont have it on pc but from the looks of it its starting to emulate f13 and that def takes the fun out of the hunt. please heed these guys as they are right revert those stupid aura changes..

i doubt we have any issue with reverting killer aura reads, but they need to be fair and get rid of the survivor auras reads too then.

• Gunmech04Gunmech04 Member Posts: 48
    Killers didn't need anymore aura reading perks. It completely ruins any stealth build a Survivor might use because Bitter Murmur allows you to see all Survivors withim 16 meters of the gen at the time of completion. So that seriously hinders any stealth build.
    edited July 12

@Gunmech04 said:
    Killers didn't need anymore aura reading perks. It completely ruins any stealth build a Survivor might use because Bitter Murmur allows you to see all Survivors withim 16 meters of the gen at the time of completion. So that seriously hinders any stealth build.

Do you really think that Bitter Murmur will become a meta Perk? I doubt it.

Being able to read Auras means nothing other than you knowing where a Survivor is. It doesn't "solve" the main problem: you still have to catch them.

I think that is also something people forget about BBQ. A Killer seeing you with BBQ doesn't put you into the Dying State in an instant as you'd believe from the horror stories Survivors like to tell about BBQ Billies and Nurses.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member Posts: 25

The problem I see with Bitter Murmur is if your being chased when a gen pops, it negates the way I like to play as survivor which is to try and escape the killer breaking line of site and evading around objects, as killer I just wont use it as the hunt to me is a part of the game I really enjoy.

I agree aura perks need toned down for both sides, the changes to bitter murmur and dark sense are not needed imo, the game has already been ruined to a degree with all the notifications down the side and it keeps getting dumbed down with the suspense and need to think rapidly being removed.

I know its probably to give killers and survivors more tools to fight against or compete with SWF but as a solo player I feel the game is taking away little by little the need to actually know the maps as each side just keeps receiving crutch perks to show them the way rather than trying to predict it.

• Jack11803Jack11803 Member Posts: 2,687

@DocOctober said:

@Gunmech04 said:

Do you really think that Bitter Murmur will become a meta Perk? I doubt it.

Being able to read Auras means nothing other than you knowing where a Survivor is. It doesn't "solve" the main problem: you still have to catch them.

I think that is also something people forget about BBQ. A Killer seeing you with BBQ doesn't put you into the Dying State in an instant as you'd believe from the horror stories Survivors like to tell about BBQ Billies and Nurses.

Steath is a playstyle and should be just as useful as chase. You don’t have killer perks that HURT detection, but make chases instantly end. Though that IS nurse.

• SasukeKunSasukeKun Member Posts: 79

I DO NOT want to verse Hill Billy with these aura reading changes. It's utterly ridiculous. a Rank 1 Hillbilly with BBQ is a big enough problem. These changes make other killers more useful but make Hillbilly too strong

• SeducedByDaemonetteSeducedByDaemonette Member Posts: 22
    SasukeKun said:

I DO NOT want to verse Hill Billy with these aura reading changes. It's utterly ridiculous. a Rank 1 Hillbilly with BBQ is a big enough problem. These changes make other killers more useful but make Hillbilly too strong

As a Hillbilly main I can say for sure that bitter murmur won't make things any different , this perk won't become meta for sure (why the heck do I need perk that doesn't give me anything except brief wallhack which can be used only 6 times per game and not at my will) neither hurt ninja playstyle . 

@SeducedByDaemonette said:
    SasukeKun said:

As a Hillbilly main I can say for sure that bitter murmur won't make things any different , this perk won't become meta for sure (why the heck do I need perk that doesn't give me anything except brief wallhack which can be used only 6 times per game and not at my will) neither hurt ninja playstyle . 

So, You have bbq and chili, x how many chances you get to hook someone before death, you would get to see everyone every time we complete a gen, when it's 90% your terror radius goes to 0. Then when the game ends you have NOED and now your swing now 1 hits. It's frustrating, yes we can adapt but this something major that drastically changes from killer to killer and their kits plus add ons.

• Sn0wJobSn0wJob Member Posts: 134

The perk changes are the bandaid answer to SWF, but it also punishes solo player.
    Tbh I'd much rather see a very targeted nerf to swf so that solo players aren't hurt, something like "Every 20s the killer gets vision on swf for 5seconds" as a basic thing and not a perk even.
    This is the right way to nerf how overpowered comms is.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 2,602

@SasukeKun said:

Deves decided in favour of the nascar sim when they introduced loops, its too late to change that now because they dont want to change all the maps^^

• RailYRailY Member Posts: 48

Nah nobody cares about those perk changes they are still weak.
    Stop crying for all the wrong stuff

@Sn0wJob said:
    The perk changes are the bandaid answer to SWF, but it also punishes solo player.
    Tbh I'd much rather see a very targeted nerf to swf so that solo players aren't hurt, something like "Every 20s the killer gets vision on swf for 5seconds" as a basic thing and not a perk even.
    This is the right way to nerf how overpowered comms is.

???????????? that's ridiculous

• Sn0wJobSn0wJob Member Posts: 134

So is comms.

@Sn0wJob said:
    So is comms.

Its been part of the game since get go

• xGREENCATxxGREENCATx Member Posts: 11

Sole survivor was already the most underused perk, and then they nerf it again. Makes ZERO sense lmao. 

@xGREENCATx said:
    DocOctober said:

Sole survivor was already the most underused perk, and then they nerf it again. Makes ZERO sense lmao. 

I'm not happy with that either like making ALL Laurie's perks useless to use, it was fun and rewarding surviving till the end and getting that sick benefit

Well, I was able to contact a dev directly and pass my suggestion along to Horvath, to increase Sole Survivor's ranges by 4 metres, that would reinstate its synergy with Object of Obsession and de facto immunity to the Killer's Aura-reading regarding most of their Perks.

• Doom_PunkDoom_Punk Member Posts: 371

@SasukeKun said:

@xGREENCATx said:
    DocOctober said:

I'm not happy with that either like making ALL Laurie's perks useless to use, it was fun and rewarding surviving till the end and getting that sick benefit

You still have Cancer Decisive Strike.

And if that gets nerfed, then who cares if her perks suck. Look at Shape, Wraith, Huntress.. All of their perks suck, and yet nothing's done about them (except for Shape with STBFL) in addition to a lot of Killer perks being bad.

• foxofthestarsfoxofthestars Member Posts: 41
    I agree with most of the above statement's. The quote " hide and seek " aspect of the game is taken away with these aura reading perks. IMO it is no fun when you can find someone ALMOST instantly. 
    I honestly hope the devs read some of these statement's and try a different route with these perks.  :)

@foxofthestars said:
    I agree with most of the above statement's. The quote " hide and seek " aspect of the game is taken away with these aura reading perks. IMO it is no fun when you can find someone ALMOST instantly. 
    I honestly hope the devs read some of these statement's and try a different route with these perks.  :)

yeah seems like we have to come to seeing auras with everything. that's not what this game is about i thought