Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

Should base luck be increased?

HorusHorus Member Posts: 850

The current chance to jump off hook is 4% and has been for a lomg time should it be increased to something like 10% or 15% or 20% what do you think?

Comments

• AIG1992AIG1992 Member Posts: 98

No

• StrancolStrancol Member Posts: 127

No.

• doitagain_doitagain_ Member Posts: 374

Base luck is fine but luck in general needs more purpose besides hooks and traps.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 4,375

base luck includes many more topics than just jumping off a hook.

it does also affect what item rarity you will find in a chest, how fast you escape a beartrap, etc.

i wouldnt like to see a increased base luck, since it would affect quite a lot of different aspects and might, depending on how big the increase is, have tremendous impacts on the game.

as for hook escapes in particular, i wouldnt like that very much. some time back in the past the devs stated in one of their streams (somewhere around the time that bubba got released) that the hooks were heavily influenced by one scene from the texas chainsaw massacre, where a girl unhooks herself after a couple of attempts and almost gets away from bubba, who was extremely surprised by that.

they also said the hook escapes were ment to be something very rare to happen and that the survivor shouldnt go for them out of greed, but because they see no other way of escaping, since they would injure themselves a lot more if they tried majority of the time.

• yeetyeet Member Posts: 1,698

No.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 2,597

I mean imagine a 20% chance to unhook yourself. And you've always got 3 tries. It really shouldn't be higher than 4%.

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 3,347

tier 3 plunderers shouldn't spawn common or uncommon items

• SaitamfedSaitamfed Member Posts: 781

Maybe slightly, like 7% but unhooking chances needs to be very rare (like iridiscent mori's or insta- heals). Also, it would be cool to see if the luck affect some other things, more than hooks, chest and bear traps, like Jigsaw boxes.

I don't know what more it could affect but you know, it will be cool having more uses for luck.

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 4,626

Luck is a dumb mechanic in my opinion anyways.

"What's that? I can win or lose purely based on RNG? What fun!"

• Star99erStar99er Member Posts: 821
    edited August 2019

I think base luck is fine, The Offering should offer more than 1/2/3% though imo. Maybe 2/4/6%?