The 3.2.0 update is now live on PC and consoles. For more information, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87832/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

PC Crashing upon "press spacebar to continue" screen.

CryobossCryoboss Member Posts: 3

Hey everyone,

Been playing DBD for 3 years on the same system. Never really had any issues but lately when launching the game I get past the cutscene and the game freezes up (all the particles etc) for about 3-10 seconds and then my computer crashes.

At first I thought this was a hardware issue but I don't have any issues with any other games for example I can play hunt showdown or Star wars battlefront 2 which are much more hardware intensive games without any issues, after this started occurring after a patch i'm thinking maybe its a bug.

If anyone has any suggestions/ideas/similar experiences that would be great, submitted a support ticket but its been a month so hoping maybe the forum can help me.

Thanks!

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 250
    edited August 30

Can you post up your PC specs? And a log file of when it crashes would be VERY helpful. :) You can find the log file this way.

1. Press Windows Key + R to bring up "Run".

2. Type this in the "Run" prompt: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs

3. The file called "DeadByDaylight.log" is your log file.

• CryobossCryoboss Member Posts: 3

Submitted logs with my support ticket but here it is :) hope it helps. THanks for your response.

PC Specs:

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i5 6400 @ 2.70GHz 60 °C

Skylake 14nm Technology

RAM

16.0GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1063MHz (15-15-15-36)

Motherboard

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. B150M-PLUS (LGA1151) 117 °C (no idea why it says 117, says it even when i leave my PC turned off for a day and turn it on, assuming its a bug with the display)

Graphics

BenQ RL2455 ([email protected])

MP59HT ([email protected])

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (Gigabyte) 52 °C

Storage

465GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 (SATA ) 38 °C

111GB SanDisk SDSSDX120GG25 (SATA (SSD)) 32 °C

931GB Seagate BUP Slim BK SCSI Disk Device (USB (SATA) )

Ok, so there's good news and bad news.

The good news is that it looks like it's working. The log says it's loading all the menu stuff.

The bad news... is that it looks like it's working. There's no crash listed.

Have you tried the obvious? Totally delete the game and reinstall?

And don't worry about your motherboard temp sensor. It does it on my ASUS STRIX X470 too. :)

• CryobossCryoboss Member Posts: 3

Thanks so much for your response, been a month since DBD support responded so i really appreciate it.

Totally reinstalled

Cleared the cache on steam etc.

Got the game to launch 2 times today. Froze on the press spacebar to continue screen for like 15 seconds then loaded, but I was getting a FAT 2 FPS which then went up to 30, then after aaages went up to the 60 cap. I have no idea whats causing this as its completely out of the blue, never happened before, doesn't with any other game either.

It must be something to do when the new patch came out, I'm going to wait till the Stranger Things chapter hits and if the problem still persists I don't know what i'm going to do, it's not my hardware or software :/

Maybe try backdating my graphics driver?

Thanks so much for your response.

Actually that gave me an idea.

Try downloading the latest nvidia driver. Then download Display Driver Uninstaller and run that to purge your system of nvidia drivers.

Then try reinstalling. That MIGHT fix the issue. Since you seem to be having FPS issues when it does finally kick in, it might just do it.

• blackrider1000blackrider1000 Member Posts: 9

I have the same problem on ps4 due to that screen. Making it just black it would fix the problem