The 3.2.0 update is now live on PC and consoles. For more information, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87832/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Why does Mind breaker only work under 50% gen progression?

In case you don't know, one of the new perks, Mindbreaker, prevents survivors recovering from exhaustion while working on a generator. As most survivors run exhaustion perks, this has potential to be really good but it only works under 50% gen progression.

Unless I'm mistaken, most survivors will be exhausted in the mid game after a few chases. At the same time that's when most of the generators have been worked on so the perk doesn't have a great effect. Also even if an exhausted survivor works on a generator from 0% to completion, they will still recover from exhaustion as 50% of a generator is 40 seconds, the same as the exhaustion cool down.

In my opinion I think the gen progression requirement should be removed. As it stands the perk is only good for countering Sprint Burst and the occasional Dead Hard.

Tagged:

Comments

• Objectively_speakingObjectively_speaking Member Posts: 41

This perk seems to focus on late game 3 gen, injured all generators somewhat low.

• Maelstrom10Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,152

Its not really an early game perk, though it will stop sprint bursting right off a gen at the beggining of a game unless they take time to get off the gen whilst within the killers terror radius which then again might not even be enough.

its main use is to help in the late game, to combat exhaustion perks usage whilst their are 1-3 gens left, similar to surge which is going to be an amazing 3gen prevention tool.

• AgentApple50AgentApple50 Member Posts: 27

Even if it worked beyond 50% it would still be a very bad perk.

• JimsalabimJimsalabim Member Posts: 409

it's a very bad perk. period

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 324

Mindbreaker is trash, buff him so it works 24/7 and it's niche.

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 2,602

I think they should change it to if you are within 18/24/30 meters of a gen that was completed in the last 40 seconds then any exhaustion perk doesn't trigger.

now i wonder is the repair condition also in place for the 3 sec exhaustion status after leaven a gen?

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 132

all of demo's perk are bad. If they got right buffs, they'd be good. if they added like 4 extra seconds of exhaustion, removed 50% condition generators, i can see it being used to weaken exhaustion perks that everyone runs as survivor. but I'd be surprised if any perks get buffed.

maybe we can expect some small buffs, but nothing major

• MegsAreEvilMegsAreEvil Member Posts: 644

Its such a bad perk that it counters any exhaustion perks. Sooo bad. lol

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,302

Do you want a killer perk to be somewhat good? How dare you suggest such a thing.