We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Withering Blight event is postponed until the release of the mid-chapter 3.3.0. We're working on getting the update ready as soon as possible and will keep you posted.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Is Legion in the middle of a massive, smoking crater from the nerf to them? Yes/No

2»

Comments

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 2,510

Those would help, not gonna lie. But I still feel in addition to add on changes, Legion needs a rework. Even a Freddy level rework to change everything.

edited September 1
    edited September 1

If you are talking the exploit, sure. If not, then no they just needed tweaking. If you have proof that they used to be broken other than the exploit, more so than an extra hit after only getting hit three times and fixing 100% to 25% of a gen INSTANTLY, then please go ahead and post it. If not, then don't be a troll.

• Karl_ChildersKarl_Childers Member Posts: 342

Legion = MoM, although I would argue Legion is still at least usable, whereas MoM is a meme now where only killer mains still say it’s a good perk but that survivors don’t want to work for it (complete nonsense)

So what you are saying, is only Survivor mains would say Legion is still usable, but Killers don't wanna work for it. If your Legion= MoM holds true.

• thisrandomguythisrandomguy Member Posts: 52

In my honest opinion

Legion is in a horrible spot. Top 5 worst killers. The only thing he has going for him is being able to stall the game just a lil bit, other than that his power has absolutely no chase potential other than getting a potential first hit if you don't miss.

There's not much you can do to make him better other than just removing a lot of his weaknesses

Make him faster in feral frenzy because if you detect someone at the edge of your killer instinct, you're not going to catch them with the low movement speed.

2nd, make the cooldown animation shorter. If you use the cooldown no matter where you are in your chase, chances are the amount of time you spend while in the animation is more than enough to get the survivor to a near by pallet or window.

3rd, remove him getting kicked out of his frenzy upon missing a hit, why is that even in the game?

4th, make him have a 2nd ability like pig and freddy. Something that would help in chase would be very nice.

Other than that it's either going to be a full rework or a big buff.

Basically what I was thinking. Full rework or something similar. I'm not sure why they made it where it all ends if you miss. I guess "Legion takes no skill!" or "Brain dead Legion, oh boy." They changed alot of Legion cause of the exploit and "If Legion starts chasing you, then you can't get away."

So they knocked them down to 5.0 m/s in Frenzy (125%), made his TR bigger, removed his ability to SEE BLOOD in his FF, made his recharge 20 seconds, made the stun 4 seconds, made him HAVE to have a full bar to FF, and FF hits no longer reduce the timer to "Deep Wound" (Which is a mending time of 15 seconds), made m1s reduce his power by 50% so if you hit someone you can't FF right after, and Finally, made it where if you miss you lose FF and your whole power bar.

This is all info right from the wiki. https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/F._J._S._J.

This nerf was very very excessive, and just cause they could chase good. You know who else can chase good? Clown, Spirit, Nurse, and (good) Billy. Guess who I see the most complaints about...

• justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 1,134

The exploit wasn't even the main reason for the legion nerf. He was an unhealthy killer for the game

Really? I am curious why you say that. What is your reasoning? (Also, cause text has no context etc, I am really curious and not being sarcastic at all.)

Well, the rework was needed cuz it was completely unskilled and unhealthy. You don't remember how old Legion was? Press m2, attack attack attack attack attack. There was no counter play in 1v1 situation. The skill of the survivors didn't matter. Someone who picked up Legion was able to "outplay" survivors with multiple thousand hours the same day. And tunneling was something everyone hated.

The rework was needed. Am I happy how Legion is now? Nope, to weak. But better and healthier than the old Legion.

edited September 2

I haven't said that we should go back to Old Legion. I, in fact, think it is a bad idea for that to happen. "No Counter play." I feel is very very thrown around these days though. That's just a band-aid excuse. People say it about literally every Killer they have issues with, regardless of if it's true or not. There is also no "rule" against tunneling other than being called every bad name under the sun as well. (Note That i DIDN'T say tunneling was OKAY.) There was counter play even in the Old Legion. Loop him, lose line of sight, be sneaky. Is there supposed to be a huge amount of counter play 1v1 any way? If so, what is the point of the Killer trying to kill anyone if he can't even get the lone people? Skill ALWAYS matters.

Now, all that said, I still only see opinions and not proof. I Prestige 3'ed Old Legion, lost as well. I had people counter play me. I had people get away. Guess why? I didn't even think of using the Exploit. Using the New Legion is just an exercise in frustration.

Why are we discussing this now when you don't want old Legion back aswell? We both agree old Legion was bad for the game, topic done.

No, I said I don't want Old Legion back cause of the exploit. Also, cause bringing Old Legion back would drown the game in salt (you know it would). You said "He was an unhealthy killer for the game." and I would like to know why. (Other than the Exploit, obviously)

Please, don't say something then when asked for proof suddenly not want to talk about it.

edited September 2

No, I said I don't want Old Legion back cause of the exploit. Also cause hating Legion is such a meme now, that bringing back Old Legion would drown us in salt. You said "He was an unhealthy killer for the game." and I want to know why. (Other than the Exploit of course)

Please, do not say something like its fact then turn around when asked for proof and suddenly not want to talk about it. ("No Counter Play." Is not a reason, its an excuse.)

Remember, this topic is about if you think Legion got nerfed too hard or not, and what could be done to fix it. Not "Bring back Old Legion BHVR! HoW DaRe YoU NeRf?!" (that was part was exactly made like that cause the upper case lower case thing makes the person look like an idiot.)

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,263

Legion before the nerf was the ultimate griefer's killer. Now, he is just middle of the pack.

edited September 2

I don't feel he is anywhere near the middle of the pack. He's one of the worst. Let's be real, the Top 3 are LEAGUES better than rank 4. Legion is low low tier now. What proof do you have that he is in the middle?

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,263

He's still better than Trapper, Wraith, Clown, and I'd put Legion above Plag. Legion is an effective killer when the player pressures the map and keeps everyone holding M1 instead of on gens. I've seen some really good killers run Legion and do quite well. Then, I've seen the typical Legion player, who tunnels a target until they are down and can't see the forest through the trees. I literally sat, untouched, working a gen next to a looping Legion because they were too stubborn to break off and wound me. Not the devs fault there.

edited September 2

I only agree with Legion being above Wraith. A good Trapper can get you without you even knowing it. A Good Clown can kill your looping. Plague can make everyone a one shot and if they cleanse she gets long range, liquid hatchets basically. You saying "I've seen some really good killers run Legion..." only seems to underline that average players can't do good with Legion. Also, The guy getting looped and not breaking off was merely a bad PLAYER and not a factor in the discussion going on.

You also say that they are good when they pressure the map and keep everyone holding m1 instead of on gens. 15 seconds of mend won't give you much pressure, cause to get everyone Legion has to run off. With the nerf to the FF speed, most times you will never get all 4 or even 3 for that matter. Maybe 2. FF is only good if you DON'T EVER MISS and they are grouped up, and even then its not that good. You get slashed, hold m1 as Legion goes to try and catch someone else, go back to gen.

Bottom line: FF is way too easy to counter and gives no reward.

Side Note: Everyone loves Mr. Bing Bong.

• VexTheHexVexTheHex Member Posts: 201

I disliked the cheese of old Legion, but I find the new Legion unbearable to play. Also, don't be a Susie. Susie is the worst.

This is exactly how I think about it. The exploit was utter garbage and if you used it, you should feel bad, cause that's why Legion is so terrible now. Though I do disagree on one point, Meg is the worst, followed by Nea.