We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Withering Blight event is postponed until the release of the mid-chapter 3.3.0. We're working on getting the update ready as soon as possible and will keep you posted.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Left Behind is getting a rework!

Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 1,673

An underappreciated thing, but in the PTB, Left Behind now shows the aura of the hatch in 32 meters instead of increased gen progress as last man standing. Now it has a use! : D

Rejoice!

What do people think about the change? I like it. : )

Comments

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 1,754

It is a good change, but will not make the perk being used. Maybe if someone has Hatch-Achievements to do, but thats it. Its basically a Perk which only works when being the last Survivor, but the effect is much better than before. Before it only worked when you are the last guy alive and the Killer does not close the Hatch (which can only happen vs Pig, Ghostface and Wraith most likely, but it is really, really rare).

Dont think it will used much, still one of the worst Perks in the game.

• PolarBearPolarBear Member Posts: 1,562

The change will only promote not doing objective. Not healthy for the game.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 1,673

Just because a perk isn't going to be used all the time doesn't mean the change isn't good for it. I'm just happy it's getting some attention.

Not really? Only when a game is going really badly will they try to find the hatch, so I don't see how this is a problem.

Just knowing it's location doesn't create a problem, similar to the doors. I'd see it being abused with a key, but that's about it.

It will promote a selfish playstyle.

Survivors won't do generators because the hatch will spawn either way no matter how many generators are done. Because it only spawns after the 3rd survivor is killer, the killer won't know the location and with Left Behind the survivor will have a better chance at finding it than the killer.

This will be the mindset of those who use Left Behind, don't do more than 2 generators so you'll find the hatch faster than the killer with the help of the perk.

Not a good change. They should totally scrap the idea of the perk and create something entirely new for Bill.

• SaitamfedSaitamfed Member Posts: 281

You need to be the last survivor still, it's useless if you're killed before that. And is a bad playstyle, you won't get a lot of points about it. And if you manage to reach the hatch while using this perk that means the killer already has killed three of four (DC's count as well).

It doesn't matter if it's a bad playstyle some people still play like that. Camping isn't a good playstyle, but still, somehow, some killer still camp.

Like I said, the perk will promote a selfish playstyle. Those people don't care if the killer killed 3 people, they only care about escaping and for them the easiest way is to just wait it out and let their team die.

• SaitamfedSaitamfed Member Posts: 281

Yes, I see your point but what I mean, some of them already do.

They get punished for camping. Through rank, gen pressure, and the meta perks punish this already...

• DustinDustin Member Posts: 396
    edited September 5

While I still think the perk won't be used much I believe it's much better than it previously was. I tried it a few games and I felt like I actually had a chance to use it.

I feel like it's a great beginners perk but outside of that I can't see it getting much use. Although I'm fine with more beginner perks being in the game.

To also clarify when I say beginners perk I mostly just mean it's easy to get because Bill is free so the perk is easier to acquire.

Also while I agree with PolarBear on the selfish playstyle point I don't think that's a bad thing. There are many many perks in DBD that cater to selfish survivor gameplay so this wouldn't be an exclusive issue.

Yes and some more will do so when this perk goes live.

BHVR shouldn't make perks that incentivize players to play in a selfish playstyle.

Nah, I think dividing survivors is a good thing! It's not fun as a killer when they all communicate and stuff, it's far more interesting when survivors don't know who to trust. It also allows survivors to actually learn from their mistakes, instead of relying on others. Such as, is this a good time to go for the gen, or should I go for hatch? Questions like that can doom a team, and you don't get those in SWF matches.

That kind of discordance makes the game more interesting than just a typical gen rush team.

• Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,793

It's fine, peeps said this bout many perks. Works as only last survivor.

Yeah, when players play selfishly, more interesting things happen, in my experience.

Dividing survivors is not a good thing.

The game is balanced around the fact that survivors work as a team. If even one of them decides to [BAD WORD] around then it can screw the entire team. Survivors shouldn't be questioning who they can trust or not. As a survivor if you're not being chased, you should always work on a generator, not look for hatch.

This perk will not affect swf at all, no one in a swf is going to use this, this will only affect solo players negatively.

Not a good thing for survivors, no. But for killers it's a nice buff.

The whole point is to not know who to trust, every trailer leans to this. It adds unpredictability, and dare I say it, fun for the killer.

To be honest, survivor is very easy. And boring, since there is no intrigue, no downside to working together. If you have trouble with it, then you just need to practice and get better.

Never said it would. I wish there were some that incentivised division for better point gain or something like that. Maybe make SWFs less about rushing everything and actually about messing about with friends, which is what its' for.