We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Withering Blight event is postponed until the release of the mid-chapter 3.3.0. We're working on getting the update ready as soon as possible and will keep you posted.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

I have some... Concerns about Second Wind.

I'm sure we all know about our newest mechanic, heals over time. It's a wonderful idea on paper and balanced in practice.

That has nothing to do with my concern.

The no-heal meta is the most popular one right now. This may change with the upcoming chapter, however I'm not betting on it. I don't think Second Wind is healthy in the game's current meta.

Why?

The no-heal meta is not what it seems. The point of it is not to stay injured. The point is to not waste time on healing.

What does Second Wind do?

It saves you a heal. Time you would normally spend healing is instead converted into gen time. Furthering the true purpose of the no-heal meta: Don't waste time healing. This perk saves you a whole 16 seconds. Times 2, because it takes 2 to tango. A whole 32 seconds is converted into gen time. Per proc. Per Survivor.

Thoughts?

Comments

• MasantonioMasantonio Member Posts: 1,840

I also think, while it is a legitimate strategy, the perk encourages tunneling and I'm sure nobody wants that.

• Sauceman_TimSauceman_Tim Member Posts: 101

I agree

• KilmeranKilmeran Member Posts: 1,891

@Masantonio It's funny you should say that. The first thing I thought when I saw that perk was: Well, I tried like hell not to tunnel thus far, but with that perk in the game, guess that's going to change.

• 8obot1c8obot1c Member Posts: 761

Well healing somebody else is faster than healing yourself sooooooo

• 8obot1c8obot1c Member Posts: 761

But you don’t have to wait 8 seconds in a locker instead you can do gems and get healed up

• MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 1,156

But for this perk to activate, you need a full heal on other survivors and that wastes time. If you are the firstt being chased and then tunneled, then you won''t see any use from this perk. Plus, if a person with We'll Make It unhooks you when you have this perk activated, then his perk just become useless on you because you are affected by the broken status effect. This perk can be strong in certain situations, but it's still too situational to need a nerf. You are still better to take Adrenaline over this and rush the last gen while injured.

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,263

Second Wind is a waste of a perk slot. You might see it the first couple of weeks, then it will be rare to see.

• BloodyNightsBloodyNights Member Posts: 239

I don't think Second Wind is all that amazing. The full heal requirement makes it difficult to get off more than once or twice a match. And if a teammate comes by and then starts healing at any point while you are healing it completely screws the perk up. Not to mention the broken status making the killer want to tunnel if they are anywhere close to the hook. When it works it's cool I guess, but not overpowered, or game changing.

I'd honestly rather have self care than second wind in most cases, if healing up is my concern simply because I can use it if I haven't been hooked. Also I don't have to have healed someone a full health state before it's active. I know it quote on quote wastes time. But sometimes it's needed.

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 2,661

Inner Strength is stronger. Second Wind seemed niche whenever I used it.

• KenshinKenshin Member Posts: 580

its the oposite. second wind is way stronger, and even stronger with swf because you dont waste time searching for totems and just gen rush after getting unhooked.

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 2,661
    edited September 5

But you waste time healing and Second Wind can only activate once per match.

Cleansing totems are better since they not only deny Hex perks, its heals faster, and can activate 5 times per match.

People, please. I'm not complaining about how strong the perk is. I'm talking about how it fits into the meta. I don't think in the current meta it changes anything. The perk itself is balanced. It just doesn't change anything.

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 3,364

I don't think it will be that strong. It requires you to heal another survivor so unless you're running a We'll Make it, Second Wind,Adrenaline combo it won't be that good for the meta so I think it is completely fine. I see your concern about it though it could be a problem but we'll see.

• KenshinKenshin Member Posts: 580
    edited September 5

u really think u will get it 5 times? there will be more ppl playint it too. you will get it maybe 2 times at best. also just think about the anti tunnel combo with DS. its insane strong.

• NMCKENMCKE Member, Trusted Posts: 5,621
    edited September 5

I think people are talking about the condition, you must heal someone to activate the perk. As we all know, healing is the last thing you wanna to do as you will be better off spending that time on generators. :)

Don't worry, I understand your concern, but if the meta calls for no healing, then you won't see a Last Wind in your game (it requires the owner to heal a health state).

Edit: Did you know the perk got buffed? The timer doesn't pause while in the killer's terror radius anymore. :)

While I do see that, it still saves a heal. Saving time on healing is always going to fit in, especially on the build @KillermainBTWm8 said, +DS or Inner Strength.

• NMCKENMCKE Member, Trusted Posts: 5,621

Personally, I like the perk because it punishes tunneling. Imagine chasing a survivor off the hook, then they instantly heal a healthy state.

I think Inner Strength is more worrisome because it doesn't require the owner to get hooked, and it takes a totem for the cost of a heal. Not only they get bones, but they can save a lot of time healing!

The only time I can really see Second Wind be a problem is in a SWF because they can make the most of everything. :)

I don't think it will fit into the meta, perk really isn't strong enough to be meta defining. You also asked for peoples thoughts on it, and people are giving it to you. Even if no heal meta is the meta, this one is kind of out due to sheer rng, and how difficult it is to utilize in game. It's not the worst perk ever, it's just typically not worth a slot even over Self Care imo.

I don't think it will fit into the meta, perk really isn't strong enough to be meta defining. You also asked for peoples thoughts on it, and people are giving it to you. Even if no heal meta is the meta, this one is kind of out due to sheer rng, and how difficult it is to utilize in game. It's not the worst perk ever, it's just typically not worth a slot even over Self Care imo.

• JimsalabimJimsalabim Member Posts: 474

i'm not a fan of these "you have to do this first before you get this" conditional perks. but hey that's just me i guess

• SaitamfedSaitamfed Member Posts: 281

I didn't think about it but yes.

It may get problematic in toxic SWF, this may sounds a bit delusional but, imagine that the one with second wind is the one who bothered you all the match, finally you caught him but another player with BT save him (generally those players get camped because they're annoying). That means they have one free hit and you need two hits more if they manage to loop you. But that's not all, imagine that you manage to give the three hits but... another members use their flashlight. Sometimes the SWF members go one in front of you, and one behind you, and they stun you, the toxic survivor get away but... he has adrenaline...

I'ld rather face the previous SWF with MoM.

• KingKobraKingKobra Member Posts: 2

I've got a change that would fix it and also make it work with babysitter. Change it to activate whenever you rescue another survivor from a hook.

Plus I think Steve's biggest problem of a perk is Camaraderie, seeing it only works in a pretty rare situation; being face camped

• NenkieNenkie Member Posts: 39

Perk is fine

• MegsAreEvilMegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

You know how long it takes to find an injured survivor and heal him a full health state? Thats exactly the timewasting which means that second wind is not gonna be used much. Youre reasoning is just wrong at all.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 184

Wondering how many no-heal games you all run. Against Legion or Plague, ok. But from time to time you need to heal. Noone runs self care in higher ranks as this takes half a gen of time. But if you need to do a gen in an area where the pallets are already gone? Like god pallet in the killer shack is gone with the basement inside? Would you guys do this gen injured and just rely on the window?

I'm pretty sure every game has at least a handful of saves. "Wasting time" healing another survivor? I think that is not a waste of time, especially because not everyone is a looping god. Some people need the second chance.

@Saitamfed "(generally those players get camped because they're annoying)" Nice you think that is happening "generally". Do you do that generally? I don't.

• SaitamfedSaitamfed Member Posts: 281
    edited September 10

@Deadeye I don't really understand your point. What are you trying to tell me?

I just run Spine Chill, so I have ample opportunity to make like a drum and beat it.

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 1,265

Not to mention on the survivor side, I'm going to be denied altruism bloodpoints because some tool gets to passively heal himself.