Hey Devs, can we get Slenderman as a NEW KILLER?
I was talking it over with my buddies, and although Slenderman hasn't exactly been the scariest or best rendered game of the ages, it's one that nearly everyone over the age of 8 knows. I think DBD can make a Slenderman killer as scary as he deserves. Here are some thoughts on what I think the killer could include and why I put them here. (Reminder that all numbers are only guesswork.)
- Passively has an annoyingly staticy terror radius that plays the high pitch noise like in the games
Possible Abilities (One or a Combination of These)
- Compress Terror Radius for a small duration
This would be for the jump scare like in the games. It wouldn't be THAT worthy of an ability, so probably pair it with something?
- Can attach up to 4 pages on generators to cause those generators to be repaired slower and emit a small terror radius. Pages last X seconds/until taken off.
I chose this mostly for the originality of the game and as an original perk idea. The terror radius would mostly be to throw off survivors that are working on the gen with a page attached. This would also work well with something like Unnerving Presence.
- Can see auras of survivors that are more than 64 meters from another survivor, but farther than 24 meters from killer. (Can make this an active with a cooldown or keep it a passive)
Slenderman is know for killing people that are alone or lost, so I like the idea of making people who are solo players be punished.
- Stopping an generator/sabotage while within a 8/16/24 meter radius of killer causes it to automatically explode.
Based off past experiences, I knew if Slenderman was there you got the [email protected]#$ out of there. This will mostly be a perk that punishes people from being too daring when running away. Not exactly god-tier, but I think it's a pretty neat idea.
- Scratch marks also create bright footprints but disappear 2/1/0 seconds sooner.
Slenderman never loses you; he lets you get away. It would just make tracking so much easier but still not exactly an overpowered perk. These footprints would have a direction, so you'd even know which way you need to look.
- Negative survivor effects (hindered/exhausted/broken/etc) last 10/20/30% longer and positive effects (sprint/borrowed time/we'll make it/etc) are 10/20/30% shorter. (Can even be a Hex)
Depending on the game, you could only sprint for so long until you had to hide. I like the idea of making these bonuses much less useful, but it might be a little too good if this isn't a Hex perk.
- Downed survivors are unable to recover on their own.
Another slugging perk XD. But let's face it: smart killers are usually picking up downed survivors right away. It's more of just an idea to prevent people from healing a downed survivor after getting ahead in a chase.
- Items have a chance to malfunction and no longer work for 3/4/5 seconds while being used. (Similar odds/chances as skill checks.)
Anyone who's played Slenderman has the feel for the flashlight battery or crappy controls. This will make you have the feel that you cannot totally depend on your items.