We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Withering Blight event is postponed until the release of the mid-chapter 3.3.0. We're working on getting the update ready as soon as possible and will keep you posted.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

I take back everything I've said about the Demogorgon ever

BottledWaterBottledWater Member Posts: 185

He is just straight up a fun and great Killer and I love him in every single way the only 2 things I want for him would be perk related and that would be;

-Surge should be dependent on the Killers terror radius

Cruel Limits should be renamed to Cruel Confinement because that name was cooler and they should make the duration of the effect 45 secs at lvl 3

The Demogorgon is probably the most fun Killer since spirit and I'm not counting the Freddy rework (which I absolutely loved and I thought that that was the best thing to ever happen to the game) but damn I love this Killer so much and the survivor perks aren't horridly good so that it would be tough to fight, they're just great and I love them.

I love this DLC, I love the Devs and I love the mods I just love everything now thanks to this DLC, world peace has basically been brough upon this world unless the Demogorgon get's nerfed in any way. If that would happen I could imagine a world war would break out.

Great job Devs this is a Killer that is super fun on release and will hopefully stay as fun as he is

Post edited by Inji on
Tagged:

Comments

• Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,793

Depending on radius for surge makes it inconsistent, 24 or 32 is good as smaller radius killers prob won't be able to use surge at all if it was based on their radius. This will help them have map presence and pressure on gens.

• csandman1977csandman1977 Member Posts: 253

Tr dependent would be absolutely broken on doc, with his add ons plus distressing and even with m&a imcreasing tr by 8 in a chase. Would be broken i think. Near map wide gen regression, throw thrilling tremors on it and thats 16 seconds where no gens are getting done

• n2njauwun2njauwu Member Posts: 241
  • NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 4,004

Does everyone keep forgetting that Surge has a cooldown?

3 gen doctor would be even more annoying to deal with. Cool down or no cooldown

• n2njauwun2njauwu Member Posts: 241

for a 3 gen strat u need make it to that point xf . its 100 x harder to make it to that point that 4 k as nurse

Its not hard at all to force a 3gen. Just ignore out lying generators and don't patrol too far. Just saying doc would be rough to deal with.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 184

How many docs do you see at the moment?

If you count all these perks to buff the effect of Surge: well yeah, that's called a build then. No tracking, no chasing, just a big effect on downing survivors. Would that ruin your game? I'm pretty sure you will find out quickly which perks the killer is running then and know "no NOED, no BBQ" and so on, so you know how to play against him.

And regarding other killers with less TR, I would say, you still can run this above build to increase TR or just accept that not every perk is useful on every killer. Remember old Freddy with Deerstalker? Huntress with Insidious? Totally useless. And several others that work but are simply not very good on several killers.

I would also think that it would improve the perk a bit. At the moment I would take Pop before Surge on almost any killer

• JanickJanick Dev Posts: 120

Hello

Thank you for the very nice comments! Glad you like the new killer.

About your Surge question, we felt that it would be problematic (OP) if we tied it to the TR, as over 24 theres an almost guaranty to hit at least 2 Gens. 32 would be insane, especially with map on multiple level. With certain Perks (and Killer...doctor) you would be able to create very unbalanced and frustrating build.

We like the idea of the effect but connecting it to a specific distance was easier to balance.

Thank you!

• phantasmalphantasmal Member Posts: 125
    edited September 9

With certain Perks (and Killer...doctor) you would be able to create very unbalanced and frustrating build.

I tremendously disagree. For one, you have to give up other perks and add-ons to be able to use these "unbalanced" combos. That alone is a major balancing factor.

Like let's say that I take Distressing+M&A with Surge to be able to affect an extra 1-2 gens (if Surge was TR instead of static). That means my tracking and chasing potential is massively gimped as I have to give up perks like Whispers, Infectious Fright, Save the Best for Last, etc.

And second, being able to combo perks is half the fun in making builds, both as survivor and killer. Combos and synergies should be encouraged not arbitrarily limited, it would go long way to shake up the stale meta we are currently stuck in.

Third, Surge is so easily counterplayed: as a Survivor you just have to run far away from gens. Or just don't let the killer build a 3-gen for himself. Boom, perk and therefore any build using it is countered. Not to mention the perk has cooldown which, at T3, equals 50% repair progression of a single gen. Don't cuddle players saying 'you would be able to create very unbalanced and frustrating build'. Let them play around with it and see if they can find a solution to it then nerf it if it's truly broken.

Also, if 'unbalanced and frustrating' is suddenly a deciding factor then why is [BAD WORD] like Insidious and DS in the game, perks that encourage and are used for toxic playstyles. If you really cared about frustrating and unfun builds then you could throw out like 60% of the existing perks, along with every killer as many people consider dying unfun and frustrating. :V

Post edited by phantasmal on
  • DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 184

Same opinion here. With builds you try to focus on your abilities or try to lessen your weaknesses. Or of the killer. Synergies are a big factor for this game, I think so too. Monto for example has so many videos trying to find synergies and test them.

For example the Spirit Fury / Enduring combo gives like 2 to 3 free hits per game. Especially strong on insta killers like Ghostface or Myers. But there is counter play. Once you see this happen, you start dropping pallets earlier, so the killer must destroy them. And as strong as it is, you need to spend half of your perks for that effect.

I think it is pretty fair, it will be learnable to deal with and is not 'that' OP. Remember you have to have multiple progressed gens around, untouched gens are not affected. If you get yourself 3-gen'd it is the survivors fault. And this build is one of the easier to identify ones.

If the perk is meant to occassionally let one gen explode, saving you time to kick it, I'd rather choose Pop Goes The Weasel or Surveillance.