The 3.2.0 update is now live on PC and consoles. For more information, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87832/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Graphic Glitches on Farm Maps (Pig Tree)

GMan79GMan79 Member Posts: 116
edited September 8 in Technical Issues

Since I've changed my hardware to a Ryzen 9 and a x570 board, I have graphical glitches on every Farm Map. Maybe the hardware is a coincidence.

Mostly Buildings and the pig tree begin to flicker and throw all kinds of weird Polygones on the screen.

Using latest NVIDIA Driver with an RTX2070 and latest Windows 10 1903

I thought it's maybe NVIDIAS new low latency setting's fault, but I tried with out it with the same results.

Only happening on the farm maps. It's there since the last patch.

I've also added the log file.

//EDIT:

It's always the Pig-Tree

the nearer I come the glitches get badder

Post edited by GMan79 on
Tagged:

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 278

Try removing your graphics driver with Display Driver Uninstaller (3rd party program) and reinstall them. If that doesn't work, next step would be to totally delete the game from your HDD to force a completely clean download.

And if THAT doesn't work... then the only thing I can think is bad GPU (just because I had one do the exact same thing... on like... 2 specific games)

• GMan79GMan79 Member Posts: 116

I've already tried DDU - no difference

I'll try to reinstall the game.

And it surely can't be a faulty GPU. 1. I play the game since it's release. 2nd I was playing the game fine with my actual GPU since a year and never had any pig tree glitches. They started with the last patch + changing from PTB and back. Also I don't have any glitches like that in any other game.

Nevertheless it's that particular map tile that makes the GPU do such things.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 278

It actually can be. Let me give you a much older example.

When I had a Radeon X1900XTX, it ran fine on every single game... until one day. EverQuest 2 (which was my main game at the time) had issues on some maps. Not all, but some, and it was doing stuff like putting blocks where there should be textures, stretching out other textures, etc. Other games ran fine.

Eventually gave up and replaced it with a GeForce 8800 GTX. Problem solved. DbD seems to push hardware in juuuuuuust the right way to cause issues. Has yours been cleaned out recently? Just in case it's a dust bunny.