Basic tips from 2 of the best Killers

only1biggsonly1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

ZubatLEL - Best Billy and all round one of the best players generally. A few quick tips for beginners...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=LQyOOKRGVfo

Scott Jund - Best Huntress and good killer.. How NOT to suck as killer and Huntress guide...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0UoymuGcBzY

https://youtube.com/watch?v=IQRDijaX5Io&t=707s

When I reached a point in the game of hitting that killer wall..you know the one...where it's easier to blame everyone and everything else in the game, instead of taking responsibility for your own actions and learning from mistakes...listening to the echo chamber of whinging out there from the likes of Tyde, Tru3, Marth et al (not starting a flame war or anything, just stating facts)... I turned to these guys; Zubat and Scott, two of the best killers out there for Billy and Huntress respectively. Now, I give less [BAD WORD] about any losses and my losses are few and far between. I will link their Twitch channels also and I urge you to follow them if you don't already.

twitch.tv/zubatlel

twitch.tv/ScottJund

There are of course others out there that can help your gameplay, but these two guys I have the utmost respect for in regards to this great game.

If you find yourself hitting a wall and can't figure out what to do, maybe you can get better and learn even more than what you already know. The amount of killers posting videos or walls of text complaining about survivors but making mistake after mistake, instead of just thinking for a moment is unreal. Just stop and look somewhere else for answers and get out of the echo chambers.

Comments

• CecaeliaCecaelia Member Posts: 21

LOL no. Umbra is best Huntress, anything and anyone else saying anything different...

Well they are entitled to their wrong opinion. LOL <3

• only1biggsonly1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

@Cecaelia said:
    LOL no. Umbra is best Huntress, anything and anyone else saying anything different...

@Cecaelia said:

Okay? I haven't heard of Umbra... My opinion can be changed as I'm rational. Can you link him/her?

• Doom_PunkDoom_Punk Member Posts: 371

Both are pretty overrated, pretty much stomping those who are bad.

I've met far better players that don't stream. Their guides/tips also don't really teach much.

@Doom_Punk said:

I've met far better players that don't stream. Their guides/tips also don't really teach much.

I wouldn't say that, considering both Scott and Zubat consistently kill the better known survivors in DbD. Pretty sure Scott didn't de-pip against the de-pip aids squad either, which says a lot considering the play style they used in such circumstances. Also, saying "overrated" or "underrated" just means YOU like or DON'T like something as much as the rest. It means little.

Anyway, thanks for your input? :/

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

I wouldn't say that, considering both Scott and Zubat consistently kill the better known survivors in DbD. Pretty sure Scott didn't de-pip against the de-pip aids squad either, which says a lot considering the play style they used in such circumstances. Also, saying "overrated" or "underrated" just means YOU like or DON'T like something as much as the rest. It means little.

I mean you can suck them off, fine with that, but just watch them and notice the mistakes Survivors make that they shouldn't be making.

Scott I think got 1 kill on them (or 2) and that was them without perks.

I say they're overrated because people suck them off so hard when they should be taking a look at what they go up against.

Any Killer player will have to rely on mistakes from Survivors unless they're Nurse, and I've seen better players than them. I don't personally dislike them, but the people who act as if they're some gods, no, they're not, they're alright.

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

I mean you can suck them off, fine with that, but just watch them and notice the mistakes Survivors make that they shouldn't be making.

I say they're overrated because people suck them off so hard when they should be taking a look at what they go up against.

Any Killer player will have to rely on mistakes from Survivors unless they're Nurse, and I've seen better players than them. I don't personally dislike them, but the people who act as if they're some gods, no, they're not, they're alright.

Are you serious right now? That's what you think I'm doing?

I just offered up their basic videos for people on the forums that seem to find it easier to moan than get better is all. I also stated that I have learned from them and that they are both excellent killers...I'm not "sucking them off" you weirdo LOL

I also don't act like they're gods. Everyone makes mistakes including them, they just don't blame the game for their own mistakes.

I would love to know of others to watch if you feel like contributing something worthwhile, like a link to some videos or a stream?

edited July 2018

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

I just offered up their basic videos for people on the forums that seem to find it easier to moan than get better is all. I also stated that I have learned from them and that they are both excellent killers...I'm not "sucking them off" you weirdo LOL

I also don't act like they're gods. Everyone makes mistakes including them, they just don't blame the game for their own mistakes.

I would love to know of others to watch if you feel like contributing something worthwhile, like a link to some videos or a stream?

I don't really take the game too seriously anymore and the only people that I watch are people that are not boring, like Monto or Panda, Tru3, Puppers, even Tyde sometimes. In that aspect I can't offer anything if you're looking for 'pro' players, cause typically some of the better streamers in games have no personality and truthfully, if it isn't something along the lines of Quake requiring huge skill to do well, are just average at best. Every other streamer/tuber just really isn't that entertaining to me.

To call them the 'best billy' and 'best huntress' when there's all types of players out there that do better and don't stream is a pet peeve of mine, when they're good, but not amazing. And the truth is, nobody can be as those Killers, you really gotta pray the Survivors you get are hot garbage or atleast make enough mistakes for you to capitalize.

That's all I've got, have a good day.

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

I don't really take the game too seriously anymore and the only people that I watch are people that are not boring, like Monto or Panda, Tru3, Puppers, even Tyde sometimes. In that aspect I can't offer anything if you're looking for 'pro' players, cause typically some of the better streamers in games have no personality and truthfully, if it isn't something along the lines of Quake requiring huge skill to do well, are just average at best. Every other streamer/tuber just really isn't that entertaining to me.

To call them the 'best billy' and 'best huntress' when there's all types of players out there that do better and don't stream is a pet peeve of mine, when they're good, but not amazing. And the truth is, nobody can be as those Killers, you really gotta pray the Survivors you get are hot garbage or atleast make enough mistakes for you to capitalize.

Okay...well, I can't stand to watch True and Tyde as they just moan when they make mistake after mistake, (which was kinda the point of my post)..Monto is cool, Puppers too.. I'm not after entertainment though. If you are going to say that there are better killers then I'd like to know so I can learn more. If they don't stream then okay...I know what you mean. But in my opinion, Zubat is one of the best Billy's and Scott one of the best Huntress. Many agree with that sentiment.

Killers can force survivors to make mistakes..many can. I don't expect any killer to just hope they are going against "hot garbage", but the player base is pretty stupid/average to be fair.

Sorry I pressed your pet peeve button. The thread was just to help those who have hit a wall in terms of coming here to moan and complain when it's clear that they are making mistakes and not willing to learn.

Take it easy o/

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

Okay...well, I can't stand to watch True and Tyde as they just moan when they make mistake after mistake, (which was kinda the point of my post)..Monto is cool, Puppers too.. I'm not after entertainment though. If you are going to say that there are better killers then I'd like to know so I can learn more. If they don't stream then okay...I know what you mean. But in my opinion, Zubat is one of the best Billy's and Scott one of the best Huntress. Many agree with that sentiment.

Killers can force survivors to make mistakes..many can. I don't expect any killer to just hope they are going against "hot garbage", but the player base is pretty stupid/average to be fair.

Sorry I pressed your pet peeve button. The thread was just to help those who have hit a wall in terms of coming here to moan and complain when it's clear that they are making mistakes and not willing to learn.

Take it easy o/

I can live with people saying they're really good but it just doesn't feel fair when I've seen those that are better but just don't care about streaming.

As for Killers forcing mistakes... they can't really. I've 2200 hours and playing both Killer and Survivor at rank 1, this just doesn't work out. I've heard suggestions throughout the 2 years I've been playing and they just don't work, since gens are too fast and looping wastes too much time, the only counter being Nurse.

We all learn up to a point in this game where we do hit a wall. Where we're doing the same thing every match, playing the exact same layout and format of matches that ends up in 1 or no kills if the Survivors and Killer are playing their best. Good thread to new players, but to vets, it's not going to change much I'm afraid.

I see so many games where both sides are not making any mistakes, and because of this, Survivors will win every time. I've seen countless 3v1 games end in Survivors winning, having been part of those myself many a time. They may have a good mindset for not blaming the game for their loss but they really should. Nothing much you can do as a Killer.

You can have the last words here if you like, I'll read, but I'll stop replying. It's a thread for good intensions on new players but I just don't see it for vets, despite the claims of them being the best. Are they good? Yeah. Are their tips average? Absolutely. They help new players but I know they know there's a certain point as Killer where you hit a wall and nothing much else is under your control.

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

Take it easy o/

I can live with people saying they're really good but it just doesn't feel fair when I've seen those that are better but just don't care about streaming.

As for Killers forcing mistakes... they can't really. I've 2200 hours and playing both Killer and Survivor at rank 1, this just doesn't work out. I've heard suggestions throughout the 2 years I've been playing and they just don't work, since gens are too fast and looping wastes too much time, the only counter being Nurse.

We all learn up to a point in this game where we do hit a wall. Where we're doing the same thing every match, playing the exact same layout and format of matches that ends up in 1 or no kills if the Survivors and Killer are playing their best. Good thread to new players, but to vets, it's not going to change much I'm afraid.

I see so many games where both sides are not making any mistakes, and because of this, Survivors will win every time. I've seen countless 3v1 games end in Survivors winning, having been part of those myself many a time. They may have a good mindset for not blaming the game for their loss but they really should. Nothing much you can do as a Killer.

You can have the last words here if you like, I'll read, but I'll stop replying. It's a thread for good intensions on new players but I just don't see it for vets, despite the claims of them being the best. Are they good? Yeah. Are their tips average? Absolutely. They help new players but I know they know there's a certain point as Killer where you hit a wall and nothing much else is under your control.

But, most vets still complain about flashlight using SWF's, which are easy to deal with..there's an example in the video Scott made. Vets still moan about DS when it can be played around..etc etc. So, yeah, vets CAN still learn. I watched them and others when I was a "vet" and I learned way more and am now much more efficient and make more intelligent choices. Again, that was the point of the post.

Hours and rank mean little in terms of actual skill and ability to learn in this game I'm afraid. Which is why I'm tired of killers just complaining all the time instead of trying something else and thinking differently. I'm not saying there's not a bunch of issues for killer, there is, but for the most part, it's a case of making mistake after mistake and then not accepting responsibility.

o/

@Cecaelia I'll check her out. ty

In the future, just because I didn't mention your favourite or someone I didn't know about yet, no need for the "LOL your opinion is wrong" bullshit. My opinions are informed, I was unaware of Umbra.

@only1biggs said:

In the future, just because I didn't mention your favourite or someone I didn't know about yet, no need for the "LOL your opinion is wrong" bullshit. My opinions are informed, I was unaware of Umbra.

Don't know how informed it is when you default to overhyped mediocre Huntress players. >_<

@Cecaelia said:

@only1biggs said:

Don't know how informed it is when you default to overhyped mediocre Huntress players. >_<

Jesus, what's your problem? I'm saying..my opinion is informed. I now have more information than I did before, which I will look into and my opinion can be changed -.-

Scott is far from mediocre nor is he "over hyped". I'm not sure what you mean or why you hold so much hostility toward him, but, you be you.

Thanks again for the link..am watching her last stream now.

Are you aware if she uses a crosshair for her huntress?