The 3.2.0 update is now live on PC and consoles. For more information, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87832/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Should no mither completely reduce grunts of pain while injured?

ExerlinExerlin Member Posts: 225

The fact that this perk only reduces grunts by 50% has been bugging me a lot. Running iron will alongside no mither feels redundant, and running no mither without it makes the no blood effect nearly useless since the killer can still track you easily with their ears.

I'd really like if a dev could fill me in on their policy with buffing no mither. I remember them saying a while ago that they didn't want to touch it because it's supposed to be a challenge, but I feel like changing it to be as effective as iron will while injured (not downed) would make it a more fun challenge. I'd certainly run it a lot more since I could pair it with 3 other perks without feeling exposed all the time.

Tagged:

Comments

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 417

This is a tough one. If no mither is buffed to reduce injured sounds there would be two perks doing the same thing.

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 1,591

If you run the both together, you completely counter Stridor though. :P

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 185

I really wish tier 3 was 100% that way with iron will stridor does absolutely nothing

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 3,145

It really isn't a needed buff for NM. Sadly the perk is probably considered a meme perk by the devs when it can be really useful especially if they added more synergies. Something they need to do is to please...remove...the....[BAD WORD]....music....

I don't think we'll see anything special happen with it though ):

• ExerlinExerlin Member Posts: 225
    edited September 11

Bump

[who upvotes bumps wth]

Post edited by Exerlin on
  • pemberleypemberley Member Posts: 992

Agreed. Something can be challenging without screwing over the other survivors (or making them think the game is a lost cause so they dc.)

No Mither should have either built in iron will or resilience/Unbreakable speed (not both because it should still be a personal challenge.)

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 2,727

Yes, it should. Even at 50% the groans are very noticeable.

• WeckWeck Member Posts: 623

Iron will with no mither already counter stridor 100%

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 262

Only change that should happen to No Mither is the injured music removal.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 1,652

I could see changing it to 100% while standing, but have the moans in place while on the ground.

Yeah, having it be reduced by 100% while downed would be busted. That's not what I want at all

• SaitamfedSaitamfed Member Posts: 201

Well, I think it needs some kind of a buff. I mean, yes, recovering from Dying State at any point is not a bad idea (on paper), but the truth is, the killer hardly will let you stay on the floor, specially because he knows from the start of the match that you're running it. I mean, bad killers (level 20) could commit that mistake, an experienced killer would not. And having a teammate running "No Mither" is hard when the killer has Thanatophobia because that means you have a speed penalty in all the game.

• terumisanterumisan Member Posts: 160

It needs that and BP bonus to actually make it worth running

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 4,584
    edited September 10

Nah. It's supposed to be a hard mode.

• Jack11803Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited September 10

It’s already unbreakable and any future blood perk.

Thats not tough at all, the perk is garbage, and is meant to have several effects.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 1,652

Actually, many killers have "hardmode" addons, in the form of speed limiter or similar.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 4,584

You're not understanding what I meant, the devs have stated they want No Mither to be a hard mode perk. And some people do find it hard. I mean It's for fun not to be viable.

Sure, but why add any benefits to it at all if it's solely for a challenge? It's useful in certain scenarios, and a large part that makes it fun are the builds you can build around it. My issue is that the 50% noise reduction is not useful when evading the killer, and with the blood trail negation also attached to the perk, that seems to be part of the perk's goal: To make yourself permanently injured, but have little to no stealth penalty while injured. You can't achieve this goal without running iron will alongside no mither, which only leaves you two perk slots to play with.

• MasantonioMasantonio Member Posts: 1,214

Wdym speed limiter is the most OP add-on in the game.

I'm sorry if pinging is annoying, but I would really like some insight from a dev on this. This would make the perk so much more fun to run, and it would have a huge impact on us other no mither lovers' enjoyment of the game. @Peanits @not_Queen @Patricia

• Star99erStar99er Member Posts: 462

They should make it to where you don’t have injured state mucic playing while running No Mither.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 2,530

I love No Mither, I don't have it unlocked on everyone yet but I love it and it would make sense that it would block injured noises 100% and the argument that 2 perks do the same thing is silly because we have several healing perks that ''do the same thing'' yet we have them anyway. Self-Care, Botany Knowledge, We'll Make It, Autodidact, Solidarity and so on they all heal but they act different just like No Mither has no injured noises but is STILL DIFFERENT, it's hypocrisy.

No Mither should block all injured noises and increase your Bloodpoints in Boldness just because it makes sense in usage and not in mechanics. If you're intending to go in injured like a dumbass then you're brave i.e Bold and insane.

• PrincessPoopPrincessPoop Member Posts: 388

No mither just needs some kind of buff, wether it’s completely reducing the injured noises, turning off injured music, or starting off the trial healthy.. just something to make the perk not total trash.