The 3.2.0 update is now live on PC and consoles. For more information, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87832/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

How spirit affects the game and why there should more of this

Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 2,526
edited September 10 in General Discussions

Before shatter bloodline came to the game there was the tired meta perk trend and yes to an extent that trend still exists but there is talk of how certain perks are "required" (this is false theres plenty that you can do against spirit to win a chase) to go against Rin..... this is a good thing for the game imo

This is the type of effect that the devs want for all the killers, they want players to think "well what if it's this killer, maybe I should bring this perk" .... but that's not the case........ most times you bring the big 3 (BT, adrenaline, DS) and an exhaustion perk and you're set!!! doesnt matter the killer (asides nurse)....

I give props to the devs....

And happy bday Rin <3

Post edited by Bravo0413 on

Comments

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited September 10

I say required because that's how you and other survivors feel.... the main point is that she makes players think about her when they queue, which is a good thing, more killers should do this but let's face it.... no one is threatened by a wraith or doctor unless you just started playing the game.... it's a way changing the tired meta and getting other perks in the mix which are still powerful.

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 406

Affects, not effects

@immortalls96 I only say "required" because that's how certain players think it is with Rin.... I'll edit my post so other dont think that I feel the sameway...

@RakimSockem fixed lol

Theres plenty of counterplay when going against spirit dude.

• ChuckyyoChuckyyo Member Posts: 57
    edited September 10

I also think that this chapter was the best yet. Not only because Spirit is a great killer, but also because of her perks. Spirit Fury is probably the greatest killer addition in recent history, absolute meta worthy, yet not unfair. Haunted Grounds a viable alternative that's also great for pure hex builds. Rancor is controversial, but at least it's interesting and not just forgettable. This chapter's perks did so much for killer build variety. Combined with Spirit herself, that's the best chapter for the killer side imo. I wish we'd get more chapters that are this well designed and impactful.

The chapter was a love note indeed to killers yes but also to the whole community.... I mean a perk that allows you to kobe?....I agree it's one of the best chapters they've done...

edited September 10

Its not BS what I say... saying there is no "counterplay" in a killer who is 1. Countered hard by stealth, 2. Is mind game able and 3. Punished hard for messing up with a cooldown is such bs its ridiculous.

The only killer that's came out of Bhvr that had no counterplay was pre nerf legion.... didnt matter if they missed an attack or were the worst chasers is in the game... you were down no matter what if legion got you with FF, that's not the case with spirit.

• Pokerface303Pokerface303 Member Posts: 11

When you think of running a autodidact healing build you are thinking that it will be really good against a sloppy thano Legion but it won't be as useful against a Plague. I think this is how thinking of what perks you use should be, so I agree that surivors should be thinking about the killers when picking perks verses running bt, ds, adrenaline, dead hard, etc that are good against every killer. But spirit does this in the worst way possible, with spirit if you don't have iron will you will die. Its not a situation were the perk is helpful but its needed. This makes for moments were you load into a spirit match and you don't have iron will and you are now at a gigantic disadvantage. I think that perk and killer variety is a good thing but spirit isn't the example we should be following for this.

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 905

Why do I lose frequently with this killer? That's not allowed.

I am entitled to my escape, do not give me this difficult killer. Gimme the easy stuff or this game is isn't fun and boring so I'm uninstalling.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 3,418

Any time you could avoid a hit with iron will you can avoid that same hit by avoiding the previous hit as well.

Obviously you will eventually take a hit, but you can stall it out long enough to still have a reasonably long chase and depending on if there is a pallet/window nearby you may be able to stall it out even while injured without iron will.

Simply having a pallet between you and the Spirit and a loop longer than like 1-2 metersish lets you mindgame her if she tries to phase no matter what perks either of you are running even if you are injured.

You're supposed to be at a disadvantage... at times players seem to forget this is 4v1 if the spirit is chasing you... 3 other people should be doing gens.... IW is not required, I've escaped perkless vs spirits... shes just like most characters if a players bad with her you'll have an easy, if a player has a ton of hours into her your chances of survival are low...

• Pokerface303Pokerface303 Member Posts: 11

More like if they are playing out of there tv speaker you'll have it easy, if a player has spent a ton of money into a headset your chances of survival are low...

• CorruptedCorrupted Member Posts: 90

As a great Spirit, you need IW to vs her. If you don't then you are screwed.

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 1,232

Nah..I've tried both ways and lacking iron will is not an instant down..foolish thinking

• Ark_the_BonsaiArk_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 453

I'm just gonna quietly note that all these posts about needing Iron Will to vs spirit are silly. I've stomped her with and without it, it's all about knowing how to run and bait her. You want her power on cooldown as much as possible. Tricking her into using it and then losing you for a few seconds turns her into a basic bitch M1 killer with Huntress movement speed.

Only time she genuinely feels unfair is when she's running prayer beads (and, occasionally, that bleeding addon. That damn thing is so underrated by spirit players despite the fact that it ensures you never lose a surv that's injured, ever)

Exactly this /\ it's so satisfying when outplaying them because you're rewarded with with the easiest killer to loop cor a period of time.... the devs did outstanding with spirit.. I do agree that they need to do something with prayer beeds..

• GalklifeGalklife Member Posts: 174

about "I'm just gonna quietly note that all these posts about needing Iron Will to vs spirit are silly. I've stomped her with and without it," well not every player is good and if you "tricked" spirit without Iron will (while being injured) that only means she doesnt use her headset xd, i played spirit only when i was prestiging her games were too easy xd ( i never did "standing still is a mindgame" and i didnt used red/purple add ons) if you have headset (even if surv has iron will you hear footsteps/grass move/or you can just feel him next to you) and tbh when it comes to spirits "mindgames" its like playing rock paper scissors but as spirit you can wait 5 sec longer before you pick a shape

spirit is great (dont get me wrong) but vs good spirit you feel more hopeless than vs good nurse, she is great to play as and worst to play against

and about "well what if it's this killer, maybe I should bring this perk" well its great that its an option (in theory) but in practice you have big % of chance that perk will be useless (like calm spirit to counter doc), BUT in contrary to killer you have almost 100% chance your perk/killer will works because you SEE survivors xd franklin/doc/restraint add on and some other stuff you dont take that blind

and about talk 3 same perks + exhaustion xd wait let me see killers vs which i play, ruin/pop/noed/bbq xd ppl love meta perks too much which is sad (for both sides)

my builds: as surv bond, SB, small games, plunderers

as killer: whispers,bbq(those 2 on every), enduring, dev hope(those 2 on most)

ppl just loves to be meta slaves and dont want to leave their comfort zones which were made by someone else

• FireHazardFireHazard Member Posts: 1,861
    edited September 12

Its just a basic understand of the Killers power and mechanics and that's really it...

Perks help, but its not required. Some people believe perks are the only way to counter certain Killers, but that's completely false. This stigma is either created out of anger from losing to that specific Killer so often, or just the classic "herd mentality." If someone says this about something, it must be true right? Wrong.

Also, if you've played the role of Killer, that also helps in understanding that specific Killers weaknesses as well. I feel Killer mains have a better understanding of how to play against other Killer mains due to them having a basic understanding of that Killer themselves.

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 3,145

While Spirit has plenty of counterplay. We should not consider perks as counterplay... If we do I can come up with the logical conclusion that old MoM was perfectly balanced because you should just run an insta down killer 4 head or insta perks 4 head. Perks shouldn't be counterplay. That goes for both sides.

• MegsAreEvilMegsAreEvil Member Posts: 650

How should survivors know which killer they get to bring in specific perks for certain killers? Also a guessing game has no counter for the one with exactly Zero Information.

• justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 545

Agreeing here. No more spirit like killers who "mindgame" you by standing still aka just flipping coins from survivors side. Its already hardly bareable to verse multiple spirits in a row. Versing tryhard Nurse killers is actually really refreshing and I appreciate versing Nurse.

• CorruptedCorrupted Member Posts: 90

Lacking Iron will is 95% an instadown in a chase unless you aren't using headphones but any good Spirit main will tell you that you should be using headphones. Even if you stealth, I can hear you loud as day. There's nothing you can do without it. If you aren't running IW in a chase against Spirit and don't die shortly after then she's messing up.

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 1,232

Or I know what I'm doing..mental gymnastics wont get you anywhere with me