Home Guides
About the issue where your game is showing as having deleted DLC's or lost game totally. Go to your Steam app. Go to Steam < Settings < Downloads < Clear Download Cache. This should restart Steam and you should have access to your game & DLCs.

Killer guide - beginner [picture/folder]

kamisenkamisen Member Posts: 620

Here's my guide! It's aimed towards someone brand spanking new.

Comments

• kamisenkamisen Member Posts: 620
    edited September 2019

There's a typo in one of the pictures, this is edited in the PDF-version!

Post edited by kamisen on
  • xEaxEa Member Posts: 1,798

Cool Guide, i like it!

@xEa thank you! Makes me so happy to hear <3

• DarkskiesDarkskies Member Posts: 718

Nicely done I especially love the end part of it.

❤️🐷

@Darkskies *happy oinks* <3

Its really cool to give them an understanding of spreading the love and not getting to frustrated by not doing what's considered the best. It's been long time but from what I remember of the tutorial was it really didn't tell you to leave the hook to spread damage ect. I remember actually smacking a survior on the hook thinking it made them die faster 😅

the tutorial needs some love especially for the new players coming in.

🐖💕

@Darkskies you read my mind! 😱 My aim was to create a guide that really helps new killers in understanding the different dynamics of the game and thus promoting a fun experience for everyone.

Hope you get some more upvotes and attention on this commendable effort really well put together.

🐷💕

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,289
    edited September 2019

I really like the design of this one, it's very well laid-out, which makes the information a lot easier to digest, I think. Nice work 😊

Thank you so much for the feedback <3 @Fibijean

• LegioPotaticaLegioPotatica Member Posts: 23

Hey, late to the party, but great guide, friendo :) i literally just started last night (id been curious about the game for a while, doing research and stuff), and guides like this have helped me hit the ground jogging lol

Especially that bit at the end; ive had a few games where everyone got away, but i know damn well i spooked em good lmao

• ReptileReptile Member Posts: 9

Thank you for the awesome run down. Very helpful!

I did have a question I've had the game two days and really enjoying it so far. :)

I did play a game last night, and at the end, the survivors were calling me a fu***ng camping ret*rd because I was in the hit some people trying to unhook survivors. While I wasn't just standing by one, I'm wondering if using them as bait isn't part of the game anyhow?

Should/shouldn't a killer do this? I know it would give the other survivors time to fix gens (hence I was moving around), but is this a tactic a killer might use in some cases?

Would love your thoughts.

Thanks again for the guide! I feel better equipped now. :)

@Reptile Hey! Welcome to the wonderful world of dbd. So glad you enjoyed my guide :-).

First things first. The type of communication harassment you received is never ok. Use the report button when this happens. I hope this didn’t spoil your night. You are not in the wrong!

Secondly, using survivors as bait is, as you said, a legit tactic. Especially if survivors swarm the hook! If you notice fast unhooks or survivors being overly altruistic, stick around and see what happens. You may be losing a generator or two in the process, so use this strategy wisely.

If the survivors complain, you can simply point them towards the perks that they can equip if they want to counter this strategy. Borrowed Time for instance. Camping is often looked down upon and certain players feel the need to point that out by being salty in the chat. Most often the critique is uncalled for. You should always play as you see fit. You’re playing killer, not them. -

Have fun and let me me know if you have further questions!