We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Withering Blight event is postponed until the release of the mid-chapter 3.3.0. We're working on getting the update ready as soon as possible and will keep you posted.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

New Killer Perks Play It Too Safe

ChuckyyoChuckyyo Member Posts: 58

Let me start by saying that I love the Demogorgon. He is a great addition to the game, fun and balanced. However, his teachable perks aren't nearly as good as he is, and I think none of them will see a lot of play. Which is a shame, because they all have promising basic ideas.

Getting gen regression for hitting a survivor, blocking vaults after a gen is completed, inflicting surivors ith exhaustion while reparing - all have the potential to be good perks. But they all end up ultimately being lackluster due to the numeric values attached to them.

For Surge and Cruel Limits, 24 meters is simply to small. If you aren't Nurse or Spirit, being at the right point to get something off these perks comes down to sheer luck. If there is even just one pallett in close proximity to the gen, that's enough for a survivor to get out of the effective range. If the Survivor runs away from gens (Surge) or a gen pops when you aren't near (Cruel Limits), both effects go to waste entirely. On top of that, Surge even has a timer attached how fast it can trigger again, and Cruel Limits only pops 5 times per game. Mindbreaker has such a great premise. But it loses all effect if the survivors lose their exhaustion anyways during the second 50% of the gen. All these perks have too many safety nets build in.

Looking at this, it seems to me like you're being very cautious with these values to not create overpowered perks. Which is good thinking, because we don't want that either. But having so many conditions and detriments will keep these perks from ever being viable alternatives to existing perks. The new Dying Light is another example for the same problem.

The good thing is that all could be viable with just some tweaks to their numbers. Surge could work with your Terror Radius. On top of eaning an increase to 32 meters for most killers, that would promote perk synergy with Monitor & Abuse or Distressing. The time limit would still keep it from being too strong. I don't think Mindbreaker would be too strong even if it worked for the entire duration of the gen. Dying Light wouldn't be too strong if it affected the obsesssion as well, and if it kept the effect after the obsession died, but you just couldn't gain more tokens.

I like the ideas for all perks, I'd like to use them and I'd like them to be viable alternatives to the current meta. And I think it's possible. So I encourage you to just be a bit braver with them. If these perks were good, on top of the great killer and cool survivor perks, this could be the best chapter in the game's history.

TLDR: All perks have cool ideas but the numeric values make them bad. With some tweaks, they could become viable.

Comments

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 1,676

Yeah. Making surge tied to TR would be a good boost, and making confinement (because the new phrase is dumb) extend to 32 m would be a good change.

Mindbreaker should just be for any gen, regardless of progress, and maybe it takes 5/10/15 seconds to get rid of it when leaving a gen.

Maybe then these perks will be used.

• Luigifan64Luigifan64 Member Posts: 583

Nope, don’t want super TR Doc (or any killer) that can just blow 4 gens in a short time span, on top of whatever gen perks they’re most likely running. Closed Confinement should have a range buff. The exhaustion one should be 10 seconds at most with nothing else changed about it.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 4,002

I'd argue that we DO want 4 gens blowing from this perk.

Why? Because the timer exists and such situations require the Survivor gets outplayed in not only losing the chase but losing in an inopportune position while their team has been spreading out their progress, thus implying that beforehand the Killer had forced one or more Survivor's to switch what generator they are doing.

Remember. PGTW is 25% regression. This perk is only 12% regression.

If you are taking this perk over PGTW that means you are expecting to get about 2 gen pops per proc.

During the PTB I've had that happen maybe twice. Usually no gens are in range and even when they are it's just 1.

• ChuckyyoChuckyyo Member Posts: 58

I understand your point with TR Doc. I think NuclearBurrito makes a compelling counter argument that the perk still has quite a few hurdles, but I get where you're coming from. I didn't think of extreme cases like this.

For Mindbreaker, the time sure is debatable. What I don't get is why you want to keep the 50% clause. Why do you think this one should stay?

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 1,676

That's the point of the perk, to get multiple gens. You're sacrificing the huge regression potential of Pop, for increased map pressure on more gens. Paired with Surveillance, it'll be a great tool for finding survivors. The range right now is pathetic.

Confinement absolutely needs that buff, that we agree.

I don't get why it has the arbitrary 50% clause on it. That makes it only useful in early game or against those who spread out gens. It encourages people to rush a gen when they're on it, or at least to 50% to counter the perk.

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 713

At the very least I'd want mindbreaker to cause exhaustion for the last 50% rather than the first 50%