The 3.2.0 update is now live on PC and consoles. For more information, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87832/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Battle Pass/Rift Discussion

MiniPixelsMiniPixels Member Posts: 43
edited September 11 in General Discussions

So did everyone just forget about this? It seems right after the release of Ghostface everyone dropped discussion. Originally I had disagreed with Behaviors decisions due to a misunderstanding, and I now see that I was clearly wrong, so please take my comments on this thread with a grain of salt.

Please voice your opinion below. I'd love to hear peoples comments and concerns.

Post edited by MiniPixels on

Comments

• MiniPixelsMiniPixels Member Posts: 43

This isn't as much of a concern about pricing or whether it is worth it or not, it's the fact that people hold grudges and people who drastically disagree with the changes will leave the game. It also looks incredibly poor on the companies behalf. Again, i'm fine with more ways of micro-transactions. This just isn't the way to do it.

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 193
    edited September 10

I'm just curious what the free pass will be will it rise to common cosmetics to uncommon to rare?

I agree that exclusive/timed skins should not be in the game and that everyone has access to them. I'm still worried about this monthly/timed pass that they are using, it's going to put a bad rep on both the devs and the company as a whole. Especially if they go the route they are doing by copying a pre-existing extremely poorly received format.

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 865

Boo to timed cosmetics. I'm willing to pay for things I like and want, or even just to support a company I enjoy, but I don't always have money right now to do it. I have to pay rent on pennies, and after that I have to feed myself somehow.

• SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 524

I didn't forget, but I was tired of talking about it so much...

I'm over it now and tomorrow's video will be about the battlepass again :)

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 3,107

The battle pass will be just another way to offer purchasable skins for those players who want them. How is that going to ruin the game?

The game won't be ruined but the community will be very cross with the decisions the devs are making. The battlepass system has always been frowned upon since it became a thing, and to have them add this to the game while knowing it is extremely unpopular does not look good on their part.

• joker7997joker7997 Member Posts: 126

This is incorrect. Players have a problem with pay to win. What they want to do is pay for cosmetics, as is already in the game. Anyone crying about this is just ridiculous. If you're a cheapass, or not that into the game, or can't afford it, then don't pay for it. Really easy. Those of us that do pay for stuff will keep carrying those that don't.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 2,589

i already stated my opinion on that matter when the battlepass got announced first, but i'll do it again:

it is fine.

a nice addition to the game, a reason for long time players to actually keep playing.

its literally free stuff for everyone! its just more stuff if you buy the pass, but no one forces you.

and no, its definitely NOT a scam.

no one forces you to buy a battle pass and if you do, you actively decide to purchase something that requires you to work for it in order to gain the rewards. therefore you can most likely gain more rewards than with just purchasing them directly with real money.

and no, the game wont end like fortnite.

• PrincessPoopPrincessPoop Member Posts: 399

I will have absolutely zero problems with the battlepass if there’s no timed exclusivity. In fact I’m pretty excited for a new method of earning cosmetics with playtime.

edited September 10

Again, I don't have a problem with ways to monetize the game. I just wish they wouldn't go with this route.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 5,858

I honestly already forgot how they work exactly.

But it's pretty simple to me: If i like what i see and think it's worth the money, i'll spend it.

• ReddRedd Member Posts: 792

I personally stopped complaining about it because I don’t see the point.

But as far as I understand it, its going to be timed cosmetics you have to grind just like other games based on the anniversary stream.

Honestly if it's timed cosmetics then everyone is going to throw a fit, not just the people that disagree with the battle pass itself.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 2,547

If we get something like this I will laugh so hard, any company who does something like this is a piece of [BAD WORD] and deserves nothing. I will drop this game so fast, respect is important.

There is a right way to monetize and there is the WRONG WAY.

• BlueFangBlueFang Member Posts: 679

Battle passes could be interesting I think

It just depends on how they do it

This is exactly what I've been trying to say, this is going to leave a bad reputation on the company, and will lead them in this direction.

• Ark_the_BonsaiArk_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 457

My issue is that it's a game you have to buy. Not only that, but a game with DLC. Adding a battlepass when most of the content is already locked behind a paywall seems scummy to me.

Thankfully it just seems to be cosmetics though, meaning the only paywall I have to care about is the paywall for teachables.

edited September 11

Because imagine a world where you pay $5-$10 dollars for a cosmetic in a video game, and you only get access to it for 2-3 months.

(please note at the time of writing this I misunderstood the meaning of "timed cosmetics". This has since been resolved, Thanks!)

Post edited by MiniPixels on
  • LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 1,657

I highly doubt they'll introduce cosmetics that leave your inventory after a set time. Typically when ppl talk about timed items, it's along the lines of "buy it now, you won't be able to buy it later".

• WeckWeck Member Posts: 690

What @LordGlint said.

But also, if someone wants to spend money on that...so what? It's their money. No one is forcing you to buy it

• KilmeranKilmeran Member Posts: 1,553

@MiniPixels That's not what people mean by timed cosmetics, especially in relation to cosmetics offered by battlepasses (in any game that has such a pass).

Each Battlepass exists for a set amount of time, be it two months or three months. Within that time, you have a chance to play a lot and grind Battlepass levels for rewards, with some levels granting Battlepass exclusive cosmetics.

When the battlepass time ends, you got the rewards you grinded out. Those levels you didn't achieve, you didn't get.

The battlepass goes away, and with it the chance to earn those rewards. Then a new battlepass with new rewards is put into the cash shop. Rinse, repeat.

By timed, it means to have a limited time to grind for them, and if you miss getting them, you miss owning them. Sometimes forever.

Those you earned, you keep for the life of the game.

• Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 364

So you have base paid game, then you have a lot of DLC's that in total cost 3x times more than base game, then you have store that each very rare cosmetics cost 5€ and full one outfit cost more than one DLC and now on top of that all you want add Battle pass.

I mean... I am not suprised that some people are and will complain about that.

• AChaoticKillerAChaoticKiller Member Posts: 480

I might just buy the pass depending if some of the awards are BP or shards. I play this game so much that a battlepass could be worth it since i will complete it.

• Ark_the_BonsaiArk_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 457

From what they showed all rewards that have a gameplay benefit (BP and Shards) would be on the free track as well

Which is good. You shouldn't be able to pay for an easier game

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 1,657

The benefit I'm seeing from a battle pass, free OR paid, is it's likely to encourage me to play in a way I usually don't. I've actually NEVER played hag, although I DID lvl her up to 40. If one of the battle pass lvls requires me to play her to progress though... I just might, and ya never know...I might like her. I probably won't get the paid battle pass, since I already don't buy cosmetics that require auric cells, but I don't mind having a system challenge me to different tasks and granting me rewards for it.