The 3.2.0 hotfix will release on Tuesday. For patch notes and release schedule, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/89886/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Mettle of Man rework idea

I think that whole idea of punishing M1 killers was just a bad design from the start. I was thinking about how could this perk be changed without making it way too broken, while being useful at the same time and I've come up with a possible solution.

Instead of protecting you while you're injured, it should protect you from anything that would put you into dying state from healthy.

• Evil has a way of always finding you.
  • After you stun the killer 3 times, Mettle of Man activates.
  • Once activated, the next occasion that would put you into the dying state from the healthy state, will put you into injured state instead. The next time you heal back to full health, your Aura will be revealed to the Killer when you are farther than 12/14/16 metres from the Killer.
  • Mettle of Man will deactivate the next time you are put into the Dying State.
  • Increases your chances of being the Obsession.

This could make MOM a viable pick once again without making it super frustrating for Killers, especially those, that can only use Basic attack to down survivors. Let me know what you think of this rework suggestion.

Tagged:

Comments

• LastShoeLastShoe Member Posts: 468

It wouldn't be a meta perk, but it would still be a good perk.

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 1,892

Making it a exposed down perk is not good, I was thinking after you pick up a Survivor from Dying to Injured, you get the same appliances.

• JFFJFF Member Posts: 30

I don't quite understand what you mean, but the whole point of this idea is to counter perks like NOED, Make your choice and killers with 1 shot power, etc. But you need to get 3 stuns and you can use it only once per match, which makes it fair IMO.

• LastShoeLastShoe Member Posts: 468

In the worst case it can always be changed to the pallet stuns.

• HazeHoundHazeHound Member Posts: 680
    edited September 11

I agree with your reasoning, but everyone would run it with dead hard, borrowed, ds or adrenaline. Your proposition is unacceptable, but i agree that perk is useless now.

I have 2 propositions to not make it broken again.

1. Obsession - your idea. Non obsession - 5 stuns but no aura reading. In my opinion it fits lorewise and with perk desq. Also prevents beeing hit by it 4 times a match, one or two are fine.

2. Once perk is activated its not working automatically rather you activate it to negate one time beeing downed within next 3/4/5 seconds. Can be baited and needs at least a pinch of skill and thought to use.

Biggest problem of old mom was getting hit by it 4 times with no counterplay. While it is fine by itself bt, ds, dh and adrenaline combo so well with it survivor actually had to actually want to die to get downed.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 1,251

It would be a counter to NOED, if played well, which I can be ok with. At least it's not Deliverance or Second wind...

• JFFJFF Member Posts: 30

Numbers can be always tweaked, but 5 stuns in one match might bit be a bit too much. Also don't forget it works only against an action that would put you from HEALTHY State to DYING state, which means MOM has two counters: 1. Injure the survivor 2. Don't get stunned by the same survivor 3 times.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 1,759

Honestly, I actually really like this idea. Typically MoM ideas are either way too OP, with trying to pretty much bring back old MoM, or completely pointless. This I think fits a nice middle ground. The only thing that youd really have to adjust IMO is the aura reading ranges. Typically perks that make survivors the obsession has varying effects based off if the survivor is the obsession or not, which I think can be the case with different aura ranges.