The 3.2.0 update is now live on PC and consoles. For more information, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87832/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

DBD Mobile Fixed The Grind

So for those of us that don't know, DBD on the phone has a different leveling system than the normal game. On every platform your Killer level is increased by spending Bloodpoints in the Bloodweb to get perks and add-ons/offerings. On the Mobile version your Killer level is increased by playing that Killer, when you level up your Killer you get a perk and Imagine at higher levels you can get 2 perks. Your BP are spent on their version of the Bloodweb, it is a bit different but mostly acts the same.

So with that in mind, the mobile version of Dead by Daylight has eliminated the grueling task of acquiring millions of BP to get good perks because you get perks by leveling. Now at first glance you might think you have no control over what perks you get that way but that is already true, every Bloodweb is random and at most webs below 40 you can only get 1 perk so in essence your choice of perks is an illusion. Most of the time you choose what perk you don't want but with this system you're just given a perk for playing the game. So like in every single game that exists, you get stronger by leveling up.

If the Devs could carry this form of leveling to get perks over to every platform then BP would only be used for add-ons and Offerings and by playing your favorite Killer you can unlock perks to make them stronger. This would erase the grind completely.

But in the next patch we are getting 2 perks per Bloodweb after 40 so I don't think the Devs are going to give us this change and just let it be really difficult for new players. Everyone who has already reached 40, veterans, get an easy time.

Comments

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 2,904

The downside is that if the perks are on a Killer you don't want to play (Getting Nurse's Calling will be a nightmare), you are kinda SOL.

Also, me no likey the Blood Market from a Killer standpoint (I like it for Survivors, though).

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 2,547

Well perks you want being on another Killer is what we have now so that's no different.

Also, I agree about the Bloodmarket on mobile, I'm not saying give us the Blood market lol we can keep the web but give us the perks lol

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 1,597

Yeah, but you just put blood points into the killer to get the perk, you don't need to play them.

Getting different offerings for killers you DON'T play is also a big oof on the killer side of things, and killers are the characters who already need the most blood points, as they can't just find items and add-ons through chests like survivors can, potentially keep them after a game, and each killer is vastly different, while one survivor is the same as all the rest aside from teachables and cosmetic theme so you only really need cap out one survivor.

Either way, there's pros and cons to each. One solves problems the other has while bringing about its own problems. I'm not saying one is better than the other at all. They're just kind of... different.

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 4,726

So what the devs should do is make it so you can level up your characters by just playing them and gaining a perk when they level up and still let us level them up with bps? Sounds good to me

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 5,855

Doesn't sound much more appealing to me.

You're granted a Perk when leveling, that's it.

With the Bloodwebs i get, at least i have SOME choice later on.

The only thing i'm jealous at is the Get-2 deal the mobile provides, but that's coming here soon as well.

That's something I didn't see and it's a really good point. I don't use that method anymore because I'll be using add-ons on a Killer I'm not putting points in so I don't use that method unless I'm playing Pig or Clown because Pig doesn't need add-ons and Clown is just fun.

• BlueFangBlueFang Member Posts: 679

I'm going to use bluestacks to play DBD mobile

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 2,904

Well, currently if you want to get A Nurse's Calling on, say, PS4, you can just play every other Killer and funnel all your Bloodpoints into Nurse. On mobile, you have to play Nurse.

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 1,597
    edited September 11

I find bluestacks to be kind of iffy lately (especially since it's been recently bloated with adware). I've been using MuMu app player, instead. You can even bind things to the controller, or map a touch screen's analog controls and such. It's pretty nice, and runs nicely too.

I do think Bluestacks has more accurate emulation, but MuMu App Player was literally designed to play mobile games on the PC with either keyboard + mouse, or a controller, and runs said games pretty well enough. Also doesn't have the bloated adware.

Yeah someone else mentioned that, I forgot about that strategy as I don't normally do that because I'm using add-ons on a Killer I'm not putting points into etc.

When I was doing it I always did it with Clown because for a long time he was my only Killer with BBQ 3.

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 863

I can't find the DBD official game, but on the GP store there's "Dead Before Daylight" which is an identical clone to DBD, including an addon called Stranger Attack with the same font/style as the Stranger Things logo, and if you check screenshots there's a killer identical to the Trapper.