Are you ready to see the Cursed Legacy trailer?
UPDATE: Upon further investigation, we are happy to say that no members of the Dead by Daylight forums had their data compromised in the breach over the past weekend. All passwords have been reset as a precautionary measure, please be sure to update your password as soon as possible using the password reset button.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused!
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Devs, are you gonna ignore Legion's problems for the next 6 months?

Comments

• justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 1,692

Freddy got a whole rework. This here are just number tweaking. Early 2020 should be alright

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 2,512
    edited September 11

The last response was they have no immediate plans to do anything with Legion as the stats show they are in a good place.

It's a hard power to balance as it always tethered on the edge of OP/UP. Easy free hits aren't good for the game. The current legion removes that aspect it's just they aren't that fun to play as now.

They could do with a freddy type rework imo but that will probably be way down in the list if ever.

• WateryWatery Member Posts: 956

I haven’t played against Legion in AGES.

• DBDbuildsYTDBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

The old Legion is gone, and it better stay gone but the new legion is trash and it needs quick addressing.

You are right about the deep wound mechanism, it's too difficult to balance, it went from strong in 1v1 to trash like it is now.

They need to completely redo legion, restart from scratch and give them a power that is good but not too op

• Pokerface303Pokerface303 Member Posts: 59

@Talmeer

The issue wasn't that he had a m2 that could down people because that's fine. The issue was in how his m2 worked to down people. With old legion there was literally nothing you could do to counter his power. When he was in frenzy he was very fast so you couldn't out run him, he could fast vault windows so those were useless, and he could fast vault pallets so those were usless. The only thing you could do was sit at a pallet and get hit the first time then drop that pallet to stun him and get him out of his power but at that point you have to waste a health state and a pallet so it wasn't really viable. When you look at nurse, billy, huntress, etc these killers have powers that potentially were even better than the old legion power but the reason people weren't complaining about those powers is because they were fair and had counter play. I really like legion, I think he has one of the coolest designs and concepts but his old power did need a change. I really hope he gets buffed soon, his power is weak and isn't unique at all.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 1,080

@UlvenDagoth That 1v1 post has nothing to do with how broken a mechanic can be.

Players understand that during the EGC it’s no longer a 50/50 chance to get out, but they want to make it interactive and yet it isn’t. So you’re confusing the request from some and summing up your own conclusion about who is the “power role”.

Back to Legion, he is not meant to be running around at a high speed (negating many of the mechanics that serve as survivors’ only defense) downing everyone in Frenzy mode. You have to be able to distinguish what is broken and what is not even if it is “fun”.

IMO Legion’s mend mechanic needs to change to something else because to me that has always been his most boring aspect from survivor perspective. He should be able to run around as much as he wants to gain distance (Kind of like the Hillbilly) but balance him around chases.

• DrazenDrazen Member Posts: 312

not 6 months maybe 6 years tbh

• Beepbop123Beepbop123 Member Posts: 21
    edited September 11

Just going to leave this here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/86798/devs-are-you-satisfied-with-pigs-addons#latest

Peanits -

The Legion is getting add-on changes in the near future. We've already confirmed this.

The Pig is also on the list for an add-on pass, but I can't say exactly when it'll be. We'll have to squeeze it in when we get a chance. We mentioned a short list of killers we would be revisiting (whether it be just add-ons or other changes) on a Q&A livestream. You can find the recap here if you missed it: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/77678/live-q-a-recap-july-25-2019#latest

• n2njauwun2njauwu Member Posts: 255

its not like addons will fix legion , and they dont make good addons anymore . reworked legion , ghostface , now demigorgon . no fun and impressive addons . compare their addons to old killers addons , thats why nurse addons will die soon

• TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 548
    edited September 11

You are right and wrong with your posting imo, but that I am also for sure sometimes.

You are right that the Legion was very fast and that the counterplay was not always given, but that was either because the Legion had use op addons, or the survivor has put himself in a terrible position and a killer should not be nerfed, because some survivor did something wrong.

A default Legion, you could indeed counter with pallets. Mostly on 2 ways. Either you jump over the pallet and then back (as long as the Legion had frenzy running). If you have done that in the right time, the Legion was not be able to hit you with his frenzy hits. There was a small time window, were the Legion could not hit his victim. I have one time search on YouTube for a survivor and also direct found an tutorial video for that, if you are interested (they are really not hard to find).

And you could simpley pallet stun a Legion. If the Legion got pallet stunned, she had lost all her power. If the Legion had something like Franks Mixtape attached it was nearly impossible to do that, because then the Legion had even the time to stay for the pallet and wait for the survivor, so that he puts it down.

On the other hand, if you had no addon running that changes the frenzy time, you was sometimes pressed to it, to still hunt the survivor even with the danger of a palletstun over your head (no pun intended), because the frenzy time of the Legion was so short in the times back then.

Also the people have and still will probably complain about every killer in the future. You just need to search in this forum and I bet you will find "nerf billy and huntress" threads.

I can remember very well on some nerf threads because of the Huntress hatchets.

Her flyling hatchets (or how ever they are called in english), are also a special abilitie of a killer, where is no counterplay to it, once you got hitten.

You can for sure try to avoid, getting hitten, but once you are - you are down. By the Legion you could at least heal yourself, or get a heal by a friendly survivor.

And all that, you could also see in the statistics. While bhvr was working on the Legion patch, they showed also a "kill rate" statistic of every killer and the Legion was one of the last ones (don't know how good she performes today, since bhvr had taken the fun out the Legion). If I remember correctly, only the Clown was worse in this statistic as the Legion.

Would be there no counterplay and would have been the Legion so op, the Legion would have been not one of the worst killers - she would have instead fight with the best killers for place 1 of the best killrate.

So at the end, the Legion had counterplay. It just had take a different skill as only running around in loops and I have speak with survivors also about that and read also sometimes some of them in this or the steamforums and some of them miss that pressure and that different counterplay the Legion has force them to do.

Of course not everyone has this opinion but as said before, while we as players can either try to see every opinion or decide to see just oure side... A game should ->always<- try to get every playertype on board.

• MiniPixelsMiniPixels Member Posts: 130

Unfortunately the dev team can only work on so many things at once, so while i don't think he needs a complete rework like freddy, I do think it will take them a bit to get to him, I would expect by the end of next year at the latest.

• WeckWeck Member Posts: 1,554

Nurse's add-ons will change because range add-ons are broken on her

• TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 548
    edited September 11

And that I find not really good preperated.

-They have clearley not listen to the wishes of the Legion mains. (otherwise you can't explain the patch notes of the Legion patch)

-They have also not listen to the warnings from the Legion mains and also sometimes survivors that this patch will be a desaster.

Imo... by this 2 big red flags on the horizon, to a time where they were working on the Legion patch, they should have hold a little time back for the case that their upcoming patch would make things worse.

• n2njauwun2njauwu Member Posts: 255

ye i know and i dont say its bad its just new killers addons are just little buff to stats of their powers rather than add something new to gameplay like myers funny addons

• GhostingmyteammatesGhostingmyteammates Member Posts: 216

Going for nurse addons while my boy leatherface has little to no addons to use cuz most of them are useless or they outright don't work at all.

• DarkskiesDarkskies Member Posts: 539

Can not catch a brake huh lol I really feel for you guy working on these things so many demands.

Personally thank you on for giving the Legion this information I knew a few that will be happy to hear this. Thanks to the team hard at work looking into killers giving them tweeks and changes also.

🐷❤️

• GhostingmyteammatesGhostingmyteammates Member Posts: 216

That was promised after he was releasedn please dont give him the freddy treatment by making him wait almost 2 years.

• KenshinKenshin Member Posts: 668

just pray and we may get a rework in 2-3 years.

• ProfessorDunwichProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 343

Most people hate going against Legion. Such a poorly designed killer. He will probably need a complete rework like Freddy. Funny he came between two well-designed and interesting killers, Plague and Spirit. Sure, Plague needs some tweaks, but she is interesting, fun to play against and fun to play as (unless you are at high ranks).

• HorusHorus Member Posts: 850

How hard is it to give her addons hemorrhage or blindness and other useless status effects like you gave freddy

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,730

For one, those add ons are pretty lazy by design. And second, add ons are meant to aid a killer, if the Devs aren't careful then the Nurse will just come out even stronger then she is now with add ons. Especially since her add ons might come on line with other killers, like not having any downside to using them.

• FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 3,924

Its pretty accurate though. His entire concept of what made him unique is fairly dead now, and it was mostly due to the community pressuring them to do it.

Now people want it reversed? Too bad lmao, that's not how it works. If the community yells loud enough for something to get nerfed, it will not just get nerfed, but buried. This may be different for some cases, for DS it took them 2 years, for Legion it took them a few months after his inception. I guess a Killer has more priority over a broken perk... (I'm talking Pre-Patch DS.)

• HorusHorus Member Posts: 850

So people wanted here nerfed which caused the revisions in the first place so just give her crappy addons and she will balanced

• ProfessorDunwichProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 343

You don't make a mistake, botch the fix, and call it a day.

• FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 3,924

Hes honestly just a dead concept now sadly, and other Killers like LeatherFace are next in line for a rework anyways.

• DemodogDemodog Member Posts: 9

Devs doing something about an issue? 😂 In what world do you think that’s gonna happen?