We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/
Got a question about dedicated servers? Read up on all the info here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87216/status-update-dedicated-servers#latest
Stranger Things and the 3.2.0 update will release on all platforms September 17th!

We need more BP perks.

It's about time we start getting more perks for farming BP. In my opinion, they should be a new archetype of perks, like Exhaustion perks. You can run more than one, but you won't get more than a 100% BP boost overall.

In addition to adding new BP perks, I think some older perks should be reworked. Here are some examples:

• We're Gonna Live Forever: Give it an effect, like the unhooked survivor gets a 7% Haste Effect for 30 seconds or something. If we're giving survivors more farming perks, this one should have its own effect so it has a reason to be used.
  • Deja Vu: Every time you complete a Generator that was most recently revealed by the perk, gain a 25% BP bonus. You probably won't get 4 stacks with this, but you can use it in conjunction with another BP perk to make sure you get the 100% boost.
  • Thrill of the Hunt: For each totem remaining, gain a 20% BP bonus. Again, this perk should be used with other BP perks.
  • Monstrous Shrine: Like BBQ, but with basement hooks only. You could stack this with BBQ to get 100% in 2 hooks.
  • Dying Light: 10% for each stack. 10 is the max possible amount of stacks that would have an effect (and you'd need DS to activate to get them all), so I decided on 10%. Use with other BP perks for more consistency.
  • Autodidact: 20% for each stack.
  • Small Game: Get a 20% stack for each totem you cleanse.
  • No One Left Behind: Get a 25% stack for each full heal you complete after the exit gates have been powered.

Those are a few of my ideas. I'm not saying all of these perks need to be reworked or that it should be only these perks, but I wanted to give an idea of what it would look like.

Comments

• 8obot1c8obot1c Member Posts: 247

WGLF should boost altruistic speed

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 3,915

You mean like WGLF/BBQ/Pudding/Cake bonus?

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 476

Using Thrill of the Hunt for BP never works out for me. Survivors immediately start trying to cleanse it, so I either waste time protecting it all game or I lose it right at the start and get no BP, just a wasted perk slot. I've thrown many games just to stand in front of TotH and protect it out of spite: if I can't get BP from my own perk, then no one else can, either. Now do the gens and get off my map.

Anyway, what I'd really like is a perk that boosts Brutality gain for killers. There's Beast of Prey for Hunting, Distressing for Deviousness, and BBQ gives a multiplier for hooking. Brutality is missing its own perk.

• Yung_SlugYung_Slug Member Posts: 208

Yes, the post game bonus. Specifically WGLF and BBQ. The idea is that there are multiple perks for the bonus, but they don't stack over 100% so you can't run 4 for 5 times the BP.

My idea is to replace the hunting BP bonus (beast of prey already does it and getting 8k hunting is already super easy) with a post-game bonus that grants you BP for each remaining totem at the end of the match (regardless of whether the hex was destroyed).

This new version should be used with other BP perks (like BBQ) to make sure you reach the 100% bonus. (So for instance if a survivor DCs before you hook them, but you still have at least 2 totems, you can still get double BP).

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 476

With dedicated servers, BHVR has said they're going to make it so that the bodies of disconnected survivors remain, so you should be able to hook them for the BBQ stack even if they disconnected.

edited September 12

Okay but I was giving an example of how ToTH could be used as a "support" BP perk. So instead of DCs, say 1 survivor is immersed the whole game and they get hatch before you hook them. ToTH would make up for that.

You would also be able to use it with other BP perks, so you could run ToTH and dying light together and you'd have a good chance to get a good total boost.

Post edited by Yung_Slug on