The 3.2.0 update is now live on PC and consoles. For more information, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87832/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

I miss the weekly dev streams..

justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 545
edited September 11 in General Discussions

It was basically part of a weekly ritual, chilling in the live stream and watch them discussing things. I wish we could have them back again. With a bit more technical topics about coding, lighting etc. Let McLean talk more about about his work, what the difficulties were and how he solved issues etc. It was really interesting.

Post edited by justarandy on

Comments

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 275

The weekly what?

• FabFab Member Posts: 470

I miss them too, but they’re probably using that time to make the game better, instead of telling us about the game.

• MantaManta Member Posts: 113

Yea I miss them greatly. Was one of my favourite things to watch each week

• ChrisFuFuuChrisFuFuu Member Posts: 27

I miss them, too. I liked the weekly updates and streaming sessions. At least all 2 weeks would be awesome.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 5,801

Same, i used to join them live everytime.

After the whole overhaul, i just go to YouTube.

• JimsalabimJimsalabim Member Posts: 414

this game doesnt need a live stream every 2 weeks.. barely anything changes gameplay wise nowadays

• PeasantPeasant Member Posts: 3,569

Transparency is a good thing to have in a community, but with how slow the BHVR team is I'll take less transparency if it'll help the devs avoid being like that Yandere Dev.

(For those unaware, Yandere Dev is a developer that spends more time streaming than coding. This has led to the development of his most popular title "Yandere Simulator" slowing down to a snail's pace.)

• justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 545

It would be scary when the devs are streaming more than coding by having a 1 hour stream per week.

• PeasantPeasant Member Posts: 3,569

Each stream isn't really just one hour though, I imagine there's a decent amount of prep before each stream as well as a clean up time after. So who's to say how long it really takes?

• BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 2,232

I feel like at one point in the last few months they said streams would happen more often.

That definitely didn't go according to plan. Seems like the devs only stream when something is about to happen.

Have @Peanits or another CM come on once a week and chat/play a match or something.

Communication on the forums is good but having weekly dev streams even on slow weeks was cool. Every Thursday at 2pm they'd show up and say something. 🤷‍♀️

• FireHazardFireHazard Member Posts: 1,861

I have to agree with this one, its mostly for patches or what have you for that week, or its for the Q&As they sometimes have also.

This game only gets gameplay changes when new DLC drops, and that's mostly for Killers. Nothing really changes for Survivors except a new Survivor(s) or new perks.

• PrincessPoopPrincessPoop Member Posts: 392

I miss them too mostly because I liked seeing the devs react to the amazing fan art they would find.

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 425

Lore streams please!

I doubt that the actual game coders are doing all of that work. There are probably other people like community managers who set up and clean everything

• QuickStiQzQuickStiQz Member Posts: 152

They did say this next year will be mainly focused around the games health, so that would make sense

• ItzSoulzItzSoulz Member Posts: 281

i miss it too

• thedevalexthedevalex Member Posts: 214

Definitely miss the dev streams. I remember 2016 and 2017 getting eager for Friday mornings to come (OCE) so I could watch the stream playback in the mornings

Show us more stuff behind the scenes. The developers from inside and limbo made several streams explaining all the technical stuff about developing in the engine, modeling, problems and solutions. It was really interesting.

• GraveHunterGraveHunter Member Posts: 56

I'm still curious what happened to the campfire dildo that was there a few years ago, Kappa.

• theArashitheArashi Member Posts: 393

I have a feeling that people stopped watching streams because questions selected always skipped important issues that are on mind of many players (and if they did we got "We are looking into it") or we got lore question from page 9.

I'd love to see the stream when they address what they plan to do to nurse.

Some ideas what to expect, and get our feedback on it.

What should we expect to deal with current issues and not PR answer: "It's always a priority and we are putting great effort to deal with a problem" because it's so generic it can literally answer all questions. Maybe map creator can show some new tiles drafts, how loops balancing is going.