The 3.2.0 update is now live on PC and consoles. For more information, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87832/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

I don’t understand people tunneling as Spirit, Hag, Nurse.

You play very viable Killer, able to deal with strong survivors teams, you don’t have to tunnel ESPECIALLY if you use Ruin and it still work.

But there are many players actually doing it, why? For ez win? That’s sad.

Comments

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 275

Give an inch take a mile

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 3,145

OP are you telling us about the match you just had!? You know how that turns out!

• IcemanIceman Member Posts: 1,048

@Aztreonam78

Everyone play the way they want to. You can’t expect everyone to play the way that you vision them to.

The good thing is that devs are considering these as play styles. And they are creating perks that go against these play styles

1. The perk that holds the timer for killers who Camp
    2. The perk that blocks all windows when a gen is completed. This is great against survivors who know how to loop for several gens.

And there will will be plenty more perks.

I personally like going against killers who “tunnel/camp”. It gives me a challenge.

• Eternal0088Eternal0088 Member Posts: 20
    edited September 11

Seeing as the rank system is trash in this game... I tunnel. Who cares about pips? Snag some quick bps for some hooks and kills and onto the next game. Its the most efficient way to farm bps. Farm survivors as fast as humanly possible. Nurse hag and spirit some of the most viable, best tunneling farmers there are. Makes sense. I dont care about your game, I want my p3

• HP150HP150 Member Posts: 238

Survivors rush generators.

Killers rush kills.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

• MasantonioMasantonio Member Posts: 1,217

Too bad.

I can tunnel all I want.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 235

Even worse? I had a Spirit yesterday who started lagswitching when the gate opened because they hadn't managed to get a kill. A Spirit. Lagswitching. Baby killers, man.

• ElusivePukkaElusivePukka Member Posts: 534

People tunnel and camp because cowards aren't gonna change just because they're using something strong.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,302

Why are claudettes allowed to loop, theyre already stealthy.

Why are survivors allowed to finish 100% of a gen in one sitting. Theyre camping those gens. Gens should block progress every 20% for 20 seconds.

Also all gens should block for 30 seconds after a gen finishes to stop gen tunneling.

Sounds stupid? Welcome to what every killer thinks about your tunnel/camp complaints.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 4,584

Er if I see you and nobody else, I'm tunnelling you whether you like it or not.

• GalklifeGalklife Member Posts: 174

about tunneling survs tend to forgot if you got saved and youre the only 1 killer see (because you run straight forward or savior is P3 claudette that right after save blended in corner) thats not tunnel, that means you dont consider other side (i was called tunneler because i rehooked dwight after i hooked his 2 other teammates)

ofc damn ton of killers tunnel on purpose because they believe thats only viable strategy (well if youre bad it may be true) and some are looking for excuses (when its clown " i dont play top killers") but when they play top killers they wont tell you "i tunnel because i cant win other way, because im bad"

so you can just move on and bear it/play antitunnel perks or play killer which is tbh relaxing (like 900h in dbd earlier i changed more into killer main because i was done playing vs tunnelers/4Head teammates/spirits, first 100h were frustrating, after those 100h i dropped ruin and tbh game is neat)

so to summarize you wont teach killers to not tunnel (most of them dont think about other ppl playing same game), you can only use stuff to counter that or just became killer so you wont get tunneled ever again

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 1,791
    edited September 11

Just because the killer can be strong in the right hands that doesnt mean the match you were in had a player behind the screen capable of making them that way.

At the end of the day players will ultimately play how they wish too so just move on and play the next match it is what it is. People shouldn't call others out for playing the game they bought how they wish within the rules.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 669

You can't be mad at people for playing efficiently. Tunneling is often the best strategy with how fast gens go. I can't get mad at Survivors for rushing through gens either, simply the best strategy at the moment.

• AttackfrogAttackfrog Member Posts: 924

For newer killers:

Chasing = tunneling

You shouldn't have to chase a survivor if you are playing an A or S tier killer. Those killers are so OP that survivors stand no chance already, and if you chase (AKA: tunnel) them, then they REALLY stand no chance and they will not have fun.

You should stand at the edge of the map and if a survivor so desires, they may come to you for chase points.

Under NO circumstances should you chase them!

• ElusivePukkaElusivePukka Member Posts: 534

Chasing at the expense of hitting other survivors, or targeting only the unhooked survivors: that's tunneling, and it's the 'legit tactic' of cowards. It's gonna cost you gen protection unless the survivors are as bad as the people who think tunnels are smart - down them if they're dumb, but don't risk DS and leave them slugged to pull people off gens.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 9,144

Killers gonna kill

• YaiPaYaiPa Member Posts: 294

The only killer is stupid to tunnel with is pig.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,245
    edited September 11

Kind of a shitty way of thinking. People play to enjoy the game, not to sweat. I don’t take it seriously...there is no need to make other people’s experiences miserable just so I can prove I’m some badass. Just shows what your true character is really like to be honest.

Just run Decisive Strike and hop into a locker. Forces the killer to make a decision and you get a stun if they decide to pull you out. If they wait the time out, they’ve wasted an entire minute of gameplay. If they leave you then you have another chance of escape.

It’s a win/win for you.

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 1,232

People get fed up trying to play nice..believe me it sucks sometimes playing nice as a killer, sometimes everyone will escape two hooked and if I'd just finishes off one I would have snow balled..but sometimes my playstyle punishes me that way..I hate seeing players do it but..the alternative isnt any better for them

I don’t get why people get so mad. So what if they teabag? They’re literally spamming a button. If they wanna act that way then I’ll just kill them even faster and ensure they die.

I play nice according to how many gens I have left. If I have 4 gens left then why would I camp and slug? I want to make everyone’s game as enjoyable as possible, they’re humans to...not bots.

• SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 520

The OP forgot to mention that they were swarming the hook and looping around the hook while no one ran away so a rescue could happen...

tunneling trash lul

• ProfessorDunwichProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 102

Being tunneled sucks and ruins the whole game for the survivor being tunneled. It is up to the devs to fix it, hoping selfish people like Eternal0088 are going to change is a waste of time. The devs know it is a problem. How do we know? If you include the Stranger Things DLC, there are 3 perks meant to directly address tunneling. Borrowed Time, Breakdown, and Babysitter. None do it particularly well. The method of fixing fundamental issues with the game with new perks is flawed at best.

• joker7997joker7997 Member Posts: 123

Because the last game they got teabagged/flashlight clicked constantly by every idiot survivor they were facing, even after they killed 3 and the last survivor happened to find the hatch first, sat there, waited to see the killer, tea bagged, jumped in and sends the message gg ez. Next group must suffer for their transgressions.

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 425

Same reason why any killer would tunnel/camp/bm. They're tilted, want to play that way/enjoy it etc. Or any player of a multiplayer game

• DingDongsDingDongs Member Posts: 401
    edited September 12

Okay but who made a rule that Spirit, Hag, Nurse or any "viable" killer are not allowed to tunnel?

Guys, i think GF and Pig are not allowed to teabag. I made this rule, haha