The 3.2.0 hotfix will release on Tuesday. For patch notes and release schedule, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/89886/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Faulty logic? From Dying State to Hooked/Unhooked to Injured State ???

It just occurred to me the somewhat faulty logic / realism when a survivor in the dying state, a person who has been brought to the brink of death by a ruthless homicidal maniac, gets picked up by said killer, placed on a meat hook which inflicts more trauma if it doesn't pierce the lung, gets unhooked (more trauma), then miraculously returns to an injured state, instead of the same dying state, or worse, than they were in just moments before being hooked.

Was this addressed before? Was this how the game USED to work after initial launch?

What about some kind of timer? Okay, so maybe the unhooked survivor who is still on the brink of death has somehow managed to find extra adrenaline to scamper away. But they have 30 seconds to heal before returning to a dying state.

I'm not whining. Don't get me wrong. It was just a thought that occurred to me. I'm not looking to punish survivors or make an easier game for the killer.

Comments

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 1,482

Gameplay>Realism.

• DonnieTheZombieDonnieTheZombie Member Posts: 123

Its a game dude.. ? Most killers attacks would kill you in real life. Plus if youre just going to die on your first down no matter what then the entire purpose of the game would be defeated. I mean the list goes on.. Its game.

Theres not monsters or people who can teleport in real life, go invisible etc. (Probably not at least)

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 437

Someone brought this up in a different post, but a healthy survivor can be grabbed off a gen or out of a locker, dropped, and somehow be in the dying state. Or if they wiggle off, be injured because.....?

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 1,118

DBD is not "supposed" to be realistic because:

1) it's a game which means gameplay > realism

2) it plays in the entity's realm where literally everything follows the entity's rules.

Not even "time" exists in the entity's realm which is why we have Adiris AND Rin (to name a sample) in the same realm.

• PrincessPoopPrincessPoop Member Posts: 407

Sorry but I stopped reading after the word realism. Games do not need to be realistic to be good. If you want realism just go outside.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 2,854

You know what's really kooky and logic-defying? Survivors can't attack the killers back! Like wtf is up with that? I'd be revving up one of those combines and making mincemeat pie out of every killer I saw.

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 3,145

Let's talk about that but not the fact that everyone in the realm has been trapped by some mysterious god like figure that controls everything and is basically all powerful. Unless of course OP has had something like that happen to him?

• SureSpearSureSpear Member Posts: 211

Chainsaws really aren't even effective weapons to begin with, and turning one on most certainly will not send you zooming around at the speed of sound Sanic style.

It's a game based off 80s slasher films. We just have to turn the disbelieving parts of our brains off and enjoy accordingly.

• SureSpearSureSpear Member Posts: 211

What, you haven't been to the Velvet Room or Entity's Realm yet? You're missing out bro.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 598

The best answer to your question will come about if you go on a brief logic journey with me.

Survivors can recover on the ground over a period of time. Another survivor has to come over and complete a short animation to bring the survivor back into the injured state. Theoretically, scraping a survivor's body along the ground as he or she crawls would make it harder for a weak person to get up again. Therefore, all survivors must have some kind of passive resilience to being in a bad state.

When on the hook, a survivor could be recovering himself or herself to the point where another survivor can come and perform a small animation to bring the survivor back into the injured state. Given the resilience to adversity from before, it makes sense that a survivor would be able to deal with a rusty metal hook in his/her shoulder if he/she was exposed to it long enough.

The only place where this logic falls apart is when survivors insta-save from the hook. Otherwise, the follow through is sound.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 1,541
    edited September 12

Ehm... didn't you notice that literally everything in this game is unrealistic?

Expecting realism form this kind of game is being unrealistic...

• HP150HP150 Member Posts: 256

Everything gameplay/lore/realism related can be explained away with "lol the entity did it".

• MewMew Member Posts: 292

By this logic, most of the killers powers wouldnt even make sense. Spirits soul (or something along those lines) leaves her body when phasing, to then come back into reality and hit somebody.

also we’re talking about this game that has a spider god abducting people to perform cat and mouse games for itself. Realism isnt really a key factor for anything in this game lol

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 572

I think it's a bit harsh to be going on about how silly it is to expect realism from a game. Nowhere in their post did OP imply that they thought there was something wrong with the game or that it ought to be realistic. They were just harmlessly speculating.

This is your answer, though, OP. The Entity is omnipotent within the game, so anything it says goes. And if it says survivors get magically healed on the hook, so be it. And yes, this has been the case since launch.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 1,430

Yeah we're going for realism.

Being chainsawed by Bubba or Billy would be an insta kill

I'm pretty sure nurse would not be able to inflict enough damage to you to put you into the dying state yeah a bone saw being slashed at your back would probably hurt a lot maybe even give you a sick nasty injury it wouldn't drop you to the ground.

Ghostface Myers and every Legion member but Susie could also kill you with one stab. ( Susie honey you don't have enough force to make that broken ruler inflict fatal damage)

Clown and Amanda are probably also not going to be able to inflict enough damage to you to put you in the dying state especially if they're slashing not stabbing

Spirit would most likely also put you into the down state with one hit

Yeah the plague sickness doesn't work that fast.

Multiple shocks from the doctor will most likely kill or knockout the survivors.

Yeah Nea I don't give two craps about how agile you are jumping from the top of the Asylum is going to break your damn legs.

• TheHoodedOneTheHoodedOne Member Posts: 5,660

Realism in this game isn't real

How can killers like Ghostface and Michael stare at you then be able to cripple you instantly

Doctor is literally a living breathing electric chair

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,148

I get what your saying @mrpeabody, but it is one of many aspects that we have to suspend disbelief in order to enjoy the game. How complex would the game design become if we worked in the issue you bring up as well as:

David, Tapp and at least Jeff should be able to easily overpower Legion and Pig. David is a pit fighter and Tapp is a trained officer

How does Legion and Pig so easily throw Jeff and others on their shoulder with one hand?

Why can't survivors use the foreign objects laying all around to attack the killer?

What is keeping the survivors from just piling boxes up at the exit gates and climbing over?

Why can't survivors hide in the cars on some of the maps?

There has to be a cleaver or knife somewhere on the Game map....

You suspend disbelief to play the game. How many people can run around after being hit with a chainsaw in the back, but someone else comes up and applies bandages?

• WateryWatery Member Posts: 801

So... wait.

You’re concerned about the realism of a game with:

• Ghosts
    • Teleporting
    • Everyone apparently taking an engineering class
    • Invisibility
    • Everyone being a track star athlete
    • Nine feet tall super fast super strong humans

And you’re concerned on realism?