The 3.2.0 update is now live on PC and consoles. For more information, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87832/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

I don't want to slug to guarantee a 4k

2»

Comments

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 2,887

I mean, a 4k should be no more guaranteed than a 1, 2, or 3k. You can either slug to try and raises your chances of that happening, or you can sacrifice/kill the third and roll the dice on the last one. Your call.

Dammit, I just realized I'm gonna have to do this again on PC.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,301

Do yourself a favor and stop caring about survivors' "fun". They dont care about yours either.

If they get angry, just point put they were worse than the [expletive language] they just lost against.

• ASAPTurtleASAPTurtle Member Posts: 286

Who said you have to slug to get a 4K?

• FireHazardFireHazard Member Posts: 1,851

I get 4ks just fine, even in Red Ranks. Granted, its not all the time so don't automatically assume that i'm talking like an elitist.

Of course I won't 4k all the time, but saying you have to slug to get a 4k at all is completely false...

• ASAPTurtleASAPTurtle Member Posts: 286

How are you able to tell if the killer or survivors are having fun in the first place. That's what I don't get from comments like this.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,244

Ghostface? Not really. His reveal mechanic is buggy as hell. You can stare DIRECTLY at him like five feet away and he won’t get reveal. Sometimes he even gets revealed after crouching behind a wall.

His gameplay mechanic is cheesy and not exactly stealth orientated. It’s more-so just to cheese the stalk mechanic to get an instadown. Not the way I think he was intended to be played. Ghostface is a hot mess.

Freddy and Demogorgon however are great.

• PoochkipsPoochkips Member Posts: 15

It's a strat. I wouldn't feel too bad.

• GroxiverdeGroxiverde Member Posts: 407

I didn't say that I must slug to get a 4k. I said that I can get a guaranteed 4k by slugging the 3th one

edited September 12

@Groxiverde It isn't really though, if you know they're slugging the other Survivor they really wont bother getting them. This in turn wastes both the two Survivors time, and yours as well.

Once they drop dead, you can go find the hatch. OR if you're lucky, you can find the hatch before they die and just wait around it (not in a locker, that's a terrible idea.) You'd have more fun, and an overall quicker end to the game if you hook the 3rd Survivor and sacrifice them. This in turn will let both of you find The Hatch, and the rest follows suit.

• RougeRouge Member Posts: 85

Slugging is in the game so the killer can provide map pressure by not hooking, which is amazing for them at high level play. If you don't like slugging as a killer then don't, you don't have to. If you are a survivor then bring unbreakable! There, slugging for a 4k has been solved! :)

• MegsAreEvilMegsAreEvil Member Posts: 644

There is nothing like a guarantee for anything. Its a game. Youre not supposed to get a 4k every game.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 3,398

Improvement is a relative term.

And it's the balance that improved. Not their quality control. That doesn't seem to have.

• savevatznicksavevatznick Member Posts: 176

I mean, you 4k to ensure a pip and entertain a double pip. There's no point in ranking up as killer when you go up against better and better survivors as you level up, and the cracks in the games balance begin to show.

Do what you want. If you want to rank, get used to slugging.

Quality and Balance never mix well when it comes to Killers and their Patches.

Legion was patched to meet the "suggestions" even though it was demands... of the community that was against him since the beginning. Hows Legion doing now? Hes a husk of what originally made him unique.

Quality can also be abolished when the pressure of the community weighs down on the devs. So we can't always blame them for some things not working out, we also must take into account the community and the pressure they exert onto everyone that works on a certain project in this game. If demands are not made, riots ensue.

We've seen it before with MoM, DS, Legion, Plague, anything that isn't really balanced... And we'll continue to see this until the end of Dead by Daylight as we know it.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 2,530

I usually don't slug for the 4k unless I find the other guy while I'm chasing. Like in horror movies the last person alive has a desperate struggle to escape and that's what I like, the chase. If I get them huzzah, if I don't then good for them they got out and hopefully they don't think they're super good and gloat.

Gloating is unbecoming