The 3.2.0 hotfix will release on Tuesday. For patch notes and release schedule, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/89886/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Wendigo is also likely after addition of Demogorgan

AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 2,664

Just saying that in Until Dawn the Wendigo actually used meathooks to hang one or two of its victims.

I did imagine that the Wendigo could have a pounce ability but demogorgan has that.

I think it would be a fun addition.

This isn't intended to push this idea top of the pile. This thread is more to show those who initially slammed me and many others about the idea of having a Wendigo killer that you were wrong.

Would be a cool wintertime dlc just saying.

Comments

• GroxiverdeGroxiverde Member Posts: 431

That creepy monster would be so scary lol. I know DbD is a survival horror game but, this thing... It is too much XD

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 2,664

Could finally be the first 'Small' killer.

A power which is made up of 'Predator vision' where Survivor movement can be sensed. This being recent footprints and recently interacted object.

A blind killer would be interesting at the very least. Survivor movement could cause a white aura of themselves to become visible. Within a 16m radius the Wendigo might sense a Survivors blood if injured and can be tracked. 0 terror radius.

I think it's an option. It's guaranteed to be scary and just look at how well they've done sounds with demogorgan.

Who knows? Maybe they need a few originals before another license. The Wendigo as far as I know could be an original.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 2,631

Whenever someone brings up the wendigo people say that Hag is a wendigo because she ate her victims, or at least I think she did.

But anyway, a wendigo would be really cool in this game because wendigos can mimic people to lure them to their doom, just like when I fell for it in the mine and got that blonde killed by opening the hatch :(

With that in mind, the wendigo could have a power to imitate other Survivors. Gold Express has a Killer who imitates other Survivors and it looks like it works but of course would never work against a SWF group. I would love a wendigo, it's a cannibalistic tortured human with supernatural abilities and is perfect for DBD. Someone got lost in the woods on cursed land and ate their friends and then became a wendigo before being taken by the Entity.

Speaking of gold express Dbd is desperate for Dancing Girl as Survivor. I'll also take Godfather

• PoisonNPoisonN Member Posts: 185

I would love to see the wendigos and Emily, she's my favorite from Until Dawn <3

YES! Imagine faking sounds of generators or survivors running

• Star99erStar99er Member Posts: 488

Wendigo or a Lycan would be nice. Been wanting a Lycan that can shapeshift for a while. Just trying to think of how they could balance a shapeshifter to where SWF communication can’t render it useless.

A funny argument would be "omg how could you have (insert character here) as a Survivor they died" guarantee people would still say that however dumb it sounds 😄

• Star99erStar99er Member Posts: 488
    edited September 12

Emily? But she’s so mean. Personally think Sam should be the Survivor. Her and Mike played the biggest roles throughout the story

Business wise I think Until Dawn as a licence has been and gone unfortunately. It's not so big like it was on release. Unless they get a really good deal on the license I feel Until Dawn is a thing of the past. They can do a more complete job by making it an original and being inspired by until dawn would be a good idea.

I think an Until Dawn cosmetic pack would be a really fun way of a license. Have the cosmetic pack drop alongside the (original) Wendigo killer

• MewMew Member Posts: 292

Shred wouldve been such a perfect power for a Wendigo killer ngl

I like her, she knows how to survive alone

Ashley is the worst in my opinion

Emily is one of those that just annoys everybody and we try to just kill her off quickly yet the game knows that and makes you wait until pretty far in the game to die as her. .

I'm interested in the supermassive anthology their making. Next installment is Little Hope in 2020. The trailer had Outlast 2/Friday 13th/Nightmare on elm Street vibes so maybe something interesting can crop up from these games.

• TheHoodedOneTheHoodedOne Member Posts: 5,660

Isn't the hag pretty much a wendigo?

No. The hag is a measley old lady. The Wendigo is a creature which cracks skulls and mounts walls.

• mutabletiger4mutabletiger4 Member Posts: 104

My first time playing through Until Dawn, I was scared. Second time, not so much. If the wendigo were to be added though, it'd probably become another killer that actually scares me

In that case:

The pig is similar to trapper but with head traps.

Trapper is similar to Myers except without an M1 instadown

Hillbilly is similar to bubba

Huntress is similar to the golden spear throwing macho man of Timbuktu oops I've said too much... well you get the picture

• ProfoundEndingProfoundEnding Member Posts: 573

If they do a Wendigo it won't be a Until Dawn chapter. Why would they do a chapter on a video game that is exclusive to one console? Seems silly to me and wouldn't attract as big of an audience as doing a game that a higher majority of people have played.

• Angelicus23Angelicus23 Member Posts: 649

what about a killer Nea

sorry for making this photoshop, but I regret nothing

• indieeden7indieeden7 Member Posts: 666

She's not basically a wendigo though, she IS a wendigo

• VolantConch1719VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 358

Okay Ashley, I like you, and your posts are a lot of the time interesting. And Until Dawn is an interesting game, but think for a moment. Until Dawn was EXCLUSIVE to the PS4. Do you really want another Bill situation where PC and Xbox players can't get Hannah (or any other Wendigo, but Hannah's the only real important one) because Sony won't give any rights to others? That's one of the reasons why Man of Medan is so lackluster. Until Dawn had a massive studio helping to pay for it. Man of Medan doesn't.

And the Hag... stop denying what the facts are. She was starving, got desperate, and ate people! What turns you into a Wendigo? Starvation, desperation, and CANNIBALISM! It's one of the defining traits in the ORIGINAL MYTH. Just because she doesn't look like a Wendigo like you know one, doesn't mean she isn't. And besides, have you actually seen what Wendigos are SUPPOSED to look like?

Quite different. I'd personally prefer the original to Hannah, maybe give us a Native American Survivor as well to make it more thematic. Shrink it a bit though, since they are supposed to be 15 feet tall.

I mean take what eventually happened with Bill. He made his way over to all platforms once an agreement was made.

No-one wants a chapter exclusive to a particular platform not even the Devs.

It's a while since until dawn so a Wendigo would make a good original killer idea.

Agreements make things allowed to happen, dbd in my eyes are in the strongest position they've ever been in terms of being able to acquire whatever rights they deem worthy to be in dbd.

I think Sony would actually really like to pair up with dbd to encourage more people from other platforms to play until dawn.

Dbd should take inspiration of design from until dawn rather than waste resources on that license itself.

Original killer with 2 different maps would be really good. Could even fit in the mount Ormond realm

In man of means defense I think the price represents what you get. The game has a clear gimmick which would be too long to stretch into an until dawn length game.

Lower budget for a lower price game which is part of an anthology seems fine to me. I get if man of Medan wasn't to your taste, same here boats are kinda bland and the plot was kinda meh but you never know Little Hope could be way more complex and engaging.

And thank you for the compliment. I also think my posts are interesting a lot of the time😄.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 1,251

Yeah, the Hag is one version of a wendigo, but I'd prefer the more monstrous version like Until Dawn's version.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 1,251

I'd love to see this, but I don't think Sony would just let Behavior use it without it being platform specific.

• TheALIENTheALIEN Member Posts: 85
    edited September 13