The 3.2.0 update is now live on PC and consoles. For more information, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87832/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Is a Robert Freddy Possible?

I've seen with Ash that we got voice acting with Bruce and I see the Pig, a licensed character, got a new costume. Freddy also just got a re-work that makes him a far more fun and powerful Killer to play.

Would it ever be possible to do a Robert Freddy Costume DLC that brigns Robert in for some voice acting? Also, while the 2010 glove is cool, it doesn't have the same nostalgic look as the Robert glove with the back plate on it.

I think a lot of fans would be willing to pay for a Robert Freddy, especially if it had Robert do some lines for it. Has Behavior considered revisiting this idea at all?

How many people would be interested in this if it was made?

Comments

• CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 747

I would be Robert England ftw

• CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 747
  • EVIL_EDEVIL_ED Member Posts: 17

My guess is that it would be a cost bennefit compared with how much it would cost to get the rights from Warner, the likeness, and the voice acting from Robert, and making the model versus how many people would really buy it to see if it would be enough to at least balance out or maybe make a profit.

That being said, it was Robert that made this role iconic, no disrespect to Jackie. I have to think adding in the voice acting would really sell it; as it would make it even more than just a skin and really bring the classic Freddy vibe to the character.

As a horror fan who really got into horror with the classic Freddy films on DVD back in High School; it would be a dream come true to me to be able to play as the original Freddy in the game. To have that original look, especially the original claw, and it would be icing on the cake to have some one liners from Robert himself.

Freddy has a long history of one liners and camp. Ash got it, why not Freddy? A few fun places to have some lines might be like when someone steps into one of Freddy's blood snares or pulls down one of the dream pallets. I think that 'gotcha' moment would be all the sweeter with a campy Freddy line thrown in on top of it.

• SpacingLlamasSpacingLlamas Member Posts: 252

The Devs tried to get him first over remake freddy but couldn't. The license people wouldn't let them.

So likely answer is no, it will never happen.