The 3.2.0 update is now live on PC and consoles. For more information, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87832/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Survivors not readying up...

You do know that killers keep an eye on how long it takes you to find a game, and when it's taking you 2 or more minutes killers are almost instant. Ready up, or we will bounce you back into queue!

Comments

• AttackfrogAttackfrog Member Posts: 924

They dont. But it's THEIR game after all.

Once they do ready up, you don't actually hit them do you??

Please tell me.you chase them but let them 4scape...

• jthm0138jthm0138 Member Posts: 101

I actually do let then escape till someone teabags, then it's slaughter city.

• FireHazardFireHazard Member Posts: 1,850

I ready up the minute the lobby is made for when I play Killer.

Whether they ready up or not after I do that is up to them, i'll eventually get a match though.

• DevourOfSaltDevourOfSalt Member Posts: 67

I wait till 6 second then send there ass back to que dont waste my time standing there being [BAD WORD]

• Doddle28Doddle28 Member Posts: 25

Oh my im so glad I don't ever have any of you as a survivor.

There are many reasons to not ready up; they're talking in pre-game chat, they're changing a build last second. This is especially common now that (at least for my ranks) survivor queues are longer than killer queues, so you join a queue then sort out your build mid-queue then mid-lobby.

Just have some damn patience, seriously. You do know it takes about 3 or 4 seconds for the ping to appear (at least on the lower-end devices) so wanting them to ready up when their ping is still all over the place? That's honestly unreasonable.

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 3,073

@Doddle28 I think it's not polite to make other people wait a minute just because a survivor can't decide on which build to run.

Also, how is the killer supposed to prepare for the match if the survivors don't ready up?

Killer lobbies are instant. So why deal with quickswitchers when you just can move on to the next lobby?

• Mtom912Mtom912 Member Posts: 202

This is one of the most petty things I’ve seen

• altruisticaltruistic Member Posts: 646

Go ahead and dodge. I typically don't ready up. I know your queue is going to be much longer than mine.

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 2,333

Sometimes i have not readied up as i am getting a brew or preparing Mr Mushwin a snack, it doesn't say you have to ready up at the right moment, i would rather be bounced then be rushed or forced to start the game. Just be patient, someone maybe tending to a child real quick or getting a drink etc.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 1,448

Killer Lobbies are around the same as Survivor Lobbies, at least for me. PC, purple Rank Killer atm, Red Rank Survivor atm. Maybe Survivor is a little bit shorter, but Killer is not awful long.

A few weeks ago Killer was FAR to long for me, and Survivor was instant. It changed when they "fixed" the Matchmaking - after I was not getting matched with or against people with much higher or lower Rank, the wait times became longer for Survivor. And I highly doubt that Killer players suddenly stopped playing Killer in Red Ranks 1 1/2 weeks ago.

@topic:

Like... Get over it, wtf. Lobby-dodging is Bullshit, but if a Killer chickens out when the Survivor has a Flashlight, this is the result. And not every Survivor who does not ready up wants to quickswitch, maybe they are doing other stuff while waiting. Also, Killers dont ready up as well.

And, lets not forget: It takes like 5 seconds until the Ping is visible and stable. If it spikes from time to time, because the Killer is doing something in the Internet, Survivors might not ready up instantly. And last but not least, the last 15 seconds nobody can ready up anyway. So it is not that big of a deal.

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 2,333

I easy accept 4 flash lights to 4 tool boxes myself lol, i got gen rushed like crazy yesterday by a swf team

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 1,152

LOLWUT?

You are bouncing him back to queue? Go ahead and wait another 10 minutes for a game.

Geeze, this is such a non-issue but you are being a drama queen over it.

• jthm0138jthm0138 Member Posts: 101

Are you really that illiterate? I literally explain in the post that killer side is currently instant lobby.