We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Withering Blight event is postponed until the release of the mid-chapter 3.3.0. We're working on getting the update ready as soon as possible and will keep you posted.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Navigating The Game (The Jigsaw map)

PeasantPeasant Member Posts: 3,715
edited September 20 in Guides

From what I've seen on the forums players seem to have the most trouble finding their way around the Game (The Jigsaw DLC map, not Dead by Daylight). On Reddit whenever I see the Jigsaw piece:

it is always mentioned in a bad light. However, The Game isn't that mysterious, really. In fact, excluding two rooms (the Red Corpse Room, and the Meat Freezer), the map always has the same exact generation. It's so predictable that @DocOctober made these maps of the level that are still quite accurate to this day:

So, if the map is so predictable with it's generation, how does the random generation effect the map? The answer, the doors. Or more specifically, the generators.

Just like in other horror games, powering the generators in The Game affects the environment. In this case, repairing a generator opens a door, and brightens the room the generator is in. This however means that generators are quite easy to find one you know the signs. So here's the gist.

To find generators on The Game:

First: Pick a floor. We'll start with the top.

Second: Look for closed metal doors.

Third: Once you've found closed metal doors, look for a generator in your room. If you cannot see one, then proceed to the fourth step.

Fourth: If you cannot find a generator in your room, find a way to get around the metal doors, the generator is on the other side.

Now, that's just for the top floor.

For the bottom floor:

First, find a stairwell:

(You can find stairwells by following arrows on the ground and signs on the walls. The designers worked extra hard to make the staircases easy to find so appreciate their work.)

(Additionally, I said find a stairwell, because drops are a one way trip and if you accidentally walk straight into a stealth killer you will want an exit strategy.)

Second: Then walk room to room looking for metal doors again.

Please note that on the bottom floor you can tell if a generator is in a room or not by looking at the wall and ceiling lights. If the lights have a constant glow than that room doesn't have a generator. If the lights are flickering then that room has a generator.

Third: see above.

Fourth: see above.

This is all I have for now, but I plan on updating this guide soon. Good luck in the fog!

Post edited by Peasant on

Comments

• PeasantPeasant Member Posts: 3,715

Progress report, got some screenshots to make the guide easier to understand. Hope to have guide finished soon.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 1,049

This seems really helpful, although I didn't realise until the second paragraph that you were talking about the map "The Game" and not "the game" of DBD as a whole. So maybe make that a bit clearer in the title/opening paragraph. But overall this is a good idea :)

• AvocetAvocet Member Posts: 112
    edited September 20

Some useful info there! I didn't know the flickering lights sign worked on "The Game" map.

Also it seems some extra words have snuck in here:

"Please note that on the bottom floor you can tell if a generator is in a room ON NOT by looking at the wall and ceiling lights."

• xnes_galaxxnes_galax Member Posts: 149

A little note to add, in the top floor, generators will always and only spawn on the 4 middle rooms. Only exception being the big drop room (bottom right corner in the picture) .