Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions
The September 2020 Developer Update is now available.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194208

Insane Killer Pings

While I appreciate that servers are on the way, would it be possible (for when servers are down in the future or off for whatever reason) that you can auto-end the game if a killer's ping goes over a certain ms? Just been in a game there where I couldn't do anything and my team mates were flying into the air. I assume he was lag switching.

Comments

• SquidFacedManSquidFacedMan Member Posts: 147

So with the announcement that servers are delayed is there a possibility something like this could be worked on for the future when servers are down and the game reverts to host?

• SureSpearSureSpear Member Posts: 211

The only "counter" to this issue on both sides right now is lobby dodging (if ping is red pre game) or dc'ing (if he someone starts lag switching), both of which can get you called toxic or a crybaby. Dc'ing also costs you items and add ons. Unfortunately, there's no way for the system to tell the difference between an unfortunate lag spike or genuine cheating.

My personal ideas are to either limit who can play killer (either by having certain internet requirements or blocking the role off for people who have high ping too often in games) or limit how far away a killer and survivors can be from each other. Obviously, neither situation is ideal for queue times, but the trade off would hopefully be higher quality games.

• SquidFacedManSquidFacedMan Member Posts: 147

There are definitely ways to end the game if the connection becomes unplayable. Loads of games in the past have done this.