We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
The stench of rotting Pustula Plants fills the air: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93854/
Some players have been facing an issue that causes partial loss of progress. We found one cause of the issue and are planning a fix for the mid-chapter update. In the meantime you can use this workaround: restart the game client after using the Custom game feature. Thank you.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Thoughts On the New Rules

kfcmanagerkfcmanager Member Posts: 10

I'll keep this short and sweet, as there are a couple things (but not many) I'd like to talk about.

Please do not make light of serious issues (e.g. “This is cancer”)

This one slightly bothers me. The example makes me think that alluding to any ongoing topic that currently affects people shouldn't happen.

Bumping threads

Sometimes, people won't have little-to-no dialogue on topics that are relevant. I don't see why not the OP could bump the thread to help the smoldering fire. Unless a topic has been physically exhausted, I don't see any reason to not just bump the thread because creating another thread just resets the entire discourse.

Please do not encourage negative behavior

I feel as if this one can be taken the wrong way entirely. It's decently vague, and I don't want to argue semantics, but in general, there are too many interpretations of 'negative behavior', and too many ways to constitute someone is 'encouraging' such behavior.

In the end however, this is Behavior's forum and they have every right to do what they want with it. Having discourse just becomes slightly harder.

Comments

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 1,015

I could be misunderstanding the issues you have with the new rules, but I believe you're misinterpreting some of them. The problem with "making light of serious issues" is the making light part. It's not a problem to allude to serious issues, like cancer as an example, if you're actually talking about cancer. But using words like "cancer" or "autistic" to describe something or someone you don't like is a bit of an epidemic at the minute, and does make light of serious struggles faced by real people. That, if I'm not mistaken, is what the forum rules are trying to discourage.

As for bumping, bringing a discussion back on track or adding something new to it is not the same as bumping a thread. Bumping is when you add nothing to the discussion, just writing a single character or a word like "BUMP" to move the discussion back up to the top of the recent discussions just to get it more attention. It's generally considered spammy and quite rude/entitled, which is why it's frowned upon and therefore forbidden in the rules.

• ElusivePukkaElusivePukka Member Posts: 600
    edited September 14

Sounds like you're encouraging negativity in people's views of the rules. Engaging with this post might then be interpreted as negative behaviour :P

• kfcmanagerkfcmanager Member Posts: 10

But of course, but it's the staff's discretion to take it in the interpretation I provided.

For your statement about bumping, I can't tell you the amount of times I've done what you said after around 3-4 days due to the topic still being relevant. I can understand it in the context of just wanting attention.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 1,015

You mean they ought to consider how the rules could be misinterpreted and account for that in their post? Perhaps. That seems reasonable.