Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Going the Survivor Route . . .

KilmeranKilmeran Member Posts: 3,117
edited September 2019 in General Discussions

So, going to finally play and learn Survivor. Solo (since none of my friends or family play). Beginning at Rank 20 since I've never really played Survivor outside of maybe three times.

Wish me luck.

Comments

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member, Trusted Posts: 3,043

Good luck m8!

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

Survivor's not as hard as people claim it to be.

If you've been playing killer for a considerable amount of time playing survivor will be a piece of cake after a little adjustment.

I say this as someone who has played 1000 hours solo survivor.

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,083

Well have fun. Yellow and below are hell.

• TheGorgonTheGorgon Member Posts: 777

Look. People say "Oh do this and that, learn to loop properly." It's true and all, but... You really just need to be good at mindgames and understand the killers playstyle: IE: Respecting pallets, smacking through them, double backing frequently. Yeah, looping is important, but not as important in my eyes than mindgames.

Mindgames are what save you often from a 1v1 chase, if not, you'll be just wasting pallets. Just be confident, mindgame well, acknowledge the killers playstyle and don't throw everything you see, use it tactically. Don't inherently fixate yourself around the idea of looping the killer around something, if it means taking a hit, take a hit and move on. Looping is defined by running a killer around one area or thing for a bit, but you really don't need all that if you know how to manage the mindgame.

That is 100% true. Mindgaming is what wins you chases. Looping extends chases, but mindgaming is what lets you win the chase and get away free.

Your experience as a killer is not wasted, it tells you exactly how to mindgame because you know how the killer thinks.

That experience you have as killer will help you immensely as a survivor.

• altruisticaltruistic Member Posts: 1,074

Good luck. I think you should really consider playing R1 solo for a majority of the season to really understand the survivor side.

Don’t stress about ranking up too fast though. There’s like 3 killers at R5 right now.

• KilmeranKilmeran Member Posts: 3,117

@altruistic I have such limited play time due to my career, and that play time is divided between a couple of games, that I doubt I will ever see Rank 1. Due to rank resets and the fact that I can't play regularly, I think the highest I ever got on Killer side was Rank 12, and that happened during one of the extended free weekends when we had a bunch of new players trying out the game and I shot-up from Rank 19 to Rank 12 after being away for a couple months.

I just play for a little fun and the BP.

I started messing around in F13 again and get Counselor a lot over there, so figured I'd also give survivor a whirl over here.

• HarryToeknucklesHarryToeknuckles Member Posts: 158

Good luck and don't disconnect.

edited September 2019

@HarryToeknuckles Oh, no worries there. As a killer I hate DC'ers.

Besides, I came from games like WoW and Overwatch, where disconnecting from dungeons, raids, or matches actually invoked a time out or a ban. DC'ing isn't in my play style.

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 6,727

once you get the hang of it it's pathetically easy

edited September 2019

There are people who say playing Low Rank Solo Survivor is hard and hell.

As you can see Kilmeran himself seems to be under that impression, hence why he says, "Wish me luck" and some people in this very thread have attested to such.

• LastShoeLastShoe Member Posts: 1,173

Annoying as hell… i wouldnt call it hard because killers are also bad. The thing is… if you aren't chased everyone dies, if you are being chased there is no gen progres.

@Mochan While I'm sure low-rank survivor brackets are a bit of hell, I was mainly referring to having to play Solo Survivor, itself, which the forums seem to indicate occupies the lowest circle of hell. 😁

• StupidButTruStupidButTru Member Posts: 366

Dang all of these comments claiming being survivor is easy lol. Bring them cheeks to Xbox I promise you that tune will change real quick. Good luck on your journey as survivor man.